Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seth wore straps and got it done

I wanna give Seth Wescott some serious props not just for winning gold in men's boardercross but for winning in soft boots with straps and a traditional 90 degree stance. I'm sorry but ski boots are for skis. If you wanna wear ski boots and face downhil, then just ski, I do. Seth smoked all those alpine carving board guys with a surf skate style. As Seth put it, the alpine guys were carving tight and low into the turns, which he couldn't do, but by taking the high line into the banked turns and pulling a surf style cut back he was slingshoting out of the turns and gaining speed when they were losing it.

You may hate snowboarders, but probably not as much as I hate carving boards. I have been cut off so many times by dickheads on carving boards, 2 of the worst wrecks I've been involved in, including one that almost broke my neck and has caused years worth of pain and damage were with guys on carving boards. When they make a turn they are totally blind behind them and on their periphery, they make huge sideways turns all the way across the run and often cut back uphill at you, I hate those guys and I taunt them every chance I get. Carving boards suck, if you ride a carving board you're a fag and I'll kick your ass, every guy I know that rides a carving board has a mustache and wears a fart bag, thanks for kicking some ass Seth.

mad props to Seth for representing the home state! Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more down to earth individual.
    Old's Cool.

Seen some posters of Seth ridin AK. He's been around.

But my friend Andrew Boucher was three time NA big mountain champ on a carving board with ski boots and poles and he's no fag.
    But the snowboarding community totally dissed him for his unorthodox use of poles.

Wescott came across as a very cool and likeable dude. Definitely congrats to him!

Quote Originally Posted by danimal's dead
    I wanna give Seth Wescott some serious props not just for winning gold in men's boardercross but for winning in soft boots with straps and a traditional 90 degree stance. I'm sorry but ski boots are for skis. If you wanna wear ski boots and face downhil, then just ski, I do. Seth smoked all those alpine carving board guys with a surf skate style. As Seth put it, the alpine guys were carving tight and low into the turns, which he couldn't do, but by taking the high line into the banked turns and pulling a surf style cut back he was slingshoting out of the turns and gaining speed when they were losing it.

You may hate snowboarders, but probably not as much as I hate carving boards. I have been cut off so many times by dickheads on carving boards, 2 of the worst wrecks I've been involved in, including one that almost broke my neck and has caused years worth of pain and damage were with guys on carving boards. When they make a turn they are totally blind behind them and on their periphery, they make huge sideways turns all the way across the run and often cut back uphill at you, I hate those guys and I taunt them every chance I get. Carving boards suck, if you ride a carving board you're a fag and I'll kick your ass, every guy I know that rides a carving board has a mustache and wears a fart bag, thanks for kicking some ass Seth.

You're just mad because they don't sit in a big flock in the middle of the line and then scrape all the snow off the steep shots.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

if you can't ride it fakie it's called a monoski.

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    But the snowboarding community totally dissed him for his unorthodox use of poles.
    Yeah, all those boarders that use poles - buncha weenie-rockers.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

You're just mad because you don't know how to ski
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

"If you can't ride it fakie it's called a monoski"

Exactly.

Rune, do I know you? You're right I'm no great skier but I've been practicing in secret.

Carving boards suck, if you ride a carving board you're a fag and I'll kick your ass, every guy I know that rides a carving board has a mustache and wears a fart bag
    Que duling banjos music...
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

paging cock jockey.

Quote Originally Posted by runethechamp
    You're just mad because you don't know how to ski
    You must be mad because you can't figure out how to snowboard. And olethechamp probably wants one already

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ron
    You must be mad because you can't figure out how to snowboard. And olethechamp probably wants one already
    You must be mad because you can't traverse on your snowboard
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

yea, seth is a cool cat. 29 years old too
    yea for the *old* dude - says he plans on vancouver as of right now.

during his interview on late night NBC last night they showed him riding in AK & getting caught in a big slide, and that he wasn't worried cause Dean had his back, though admitted they were chancing it on a sketchier snowpack. But has a definite love for big mountain - you can tell he really believes it's the soul of the sport.

Said he goes up there every april (the whole month) to ride with Points North.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Wow, Danimal! You're right... everyone should get out of your way, because you're so core and cool.

Word of advice: Get over your small dick, and stop worrying about what other people do for fun. Oh yeah; and the downhill skier/boarder has the right of way

"I've got a turbo-boost labido,
    And Passive restraints.
    And, as of yet I haven't heard even a single complaint."

you're a fag
    It must be boring talking to yourself all the time

So we have established that homeless can't ski or snowboard and we know that he's a pussy because only pussies say that "the downhill skier has the right of way." You only have the right of way if you're going the right way, which is down the hill, not across, point it you pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by skiguide
    ...during his interview on late night NBC last night they showed him riding in AK & getting caught in a big slide, and that he wasn't worried cause Dean had his back, though admitted they were chancing it on a sketchier snowpack...
    He also rode out of it -- that was fucking nuts.

So we have established that homeless can't ski or snowboard and we know that he's a pussy because only pussies say that "the downhill skier has the right of way." You only have the right of way if you're going the right way, which is down the hill, not across, point it you pussy.
    Yeah, you're right. I really suck.

Fuck, how much $$ would it take for you to come out and give me some lessons on how to be such a super-fast stud? I mean, I suck so bad that I didn't even know that "pointing it" at a resort is what all the mega-men are doing these days.
    And Passive restraints.

Didn't get to see the race unfortunately, but I'm psyched for the born and bred Sugarloafer from Maine. Everyone I know that has met him said he's a great person.

Somebody posted this on my site and I thought it dissevered a cross post here.

for boarders...the debate rarley gets old.
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

I did think it was interesting how the hardboot guy was standing noticeable taller than Westcott right before he was passed. But if the course had been 10 yards longer I think Mr. Hardboots would have won. He had a lot more speed right after the last jump.

BC Rider is a fruit boo… I mean hard booter. Can you say “Glory Days”?

Last edited by Greydon Clark; 02-18-2006 at 09:02 AM.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

serious props to Seth

danimal's dead -
    your post started good, then turned to bullshit drivel.

I ride softies, but can you please kick my ass too. Wouldn't hurt much with softboots though.

wwwwaaaaaahhhhh

I heard Pajamas is a whore.. and a junkie
    And Passive restraints.