Baker Magg's / Ever been up to Artist Point?

Recent cartilidge conundrums have brought me to investigating some foot powered forrays in to the BC.
    I'm Going to be renting snowshoes and heading up towards Artist Point over the new year and I wanted to know if any of ya'll have been up that way. It appears to be inbetween Table MT and the ski area. Besides a wait and see approach with the avalanche forecast the trip should go ahead. Any tips on secret hidden snow caves or Sasquatch haunts I should know about? I know this is the same route that claimed one life already this year. Ranger Jane told me it was right under the cliffs at Hoontoon point where the party was buried...

here's a cool link I found w/ a so-so topo.
    http://faculty.washington.edu/mtuggy/artist.htm
    Beacon Check
    Water/Food Check
    Compass
    accurate TOPO map
    whistle
    matches
    safety supplies......check

partner...... check (4 legged partner that is)
    digi cam.... check

anyone else not skiing the 1st 2nd or 3rd?

Beautiful views if they're out, but don't expect to share them only with the doggy, as this route is a popular one. Most of the gapers fizzle out on the flats down below, instead of making the climb up. The ski area extends to Austin Pass, a bit below halfway up, and the lower part of this trail is more or less shared with the ski area.

Forecast is for moderate to considerable avie danger through tomorrow.

Another route to consider would be east toward Herman saddle, which is generally lower avie danger. The entire route is on open snow, though, and as you approach the saddle, you are under the Southeast flank of Herman and the Northeast flank of Table.
    Living vicariously through myself.