Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I was there!

Well, right afterwards anyway. We were skiing at Targhee for the day and I noticed a cameraman set up just outside the ropes off the main lift. When I looked down, Jamie was hiking out. The camera guy told me what had just happened and I had just missed it. , If I hadn't stop to take some photos of the Grand Tetons I would have seen the whole thing. So, I took a bunch of pictures of the cliff. Afterwards, I met Jamie in the lounge with the crew and got him to sign my lift ticket from Targhee dated that day. He wrote alittle something on it with his signiture. It was the only one he signed that day. I won't say what it was, just it was Christian related.

Fucking 20,000 views, holy shit.

Here is the SLC news version with a shitty vid:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=157366

Question The buring bush told me to huck for Jesus

I like his Da Kine hat. Is Marry Jane the forbidden fruit? The fruit that gives you the knowledge of good and evil.....

Quote Originally Posted by KANUTTEN
    The world record for ski jumping is 239... METERS, that is about 784 ft. Set by norwegian Bjørn Einar Romøren in Planica 2005. That is of course not vertical distance, but distance from takeoff to landing.

But in terms of airtime I'm quite sure the skijumpers are still in the lead.

JP's feat.....a little different. don't ya think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx
    And yet, MD9 is a hero and Pierre's a jackass?
    MD9 went about 100 feet. Pierre went about 2 and a half times that big, larger than anyone has ever hucked on skis without dying. There's a huge difference. Don't be a retard.

Has anyone in this thread made a "switch into the road" joke yet?

Because that shit is hilarious every single fucking time.

I wanna know how long he was head first in the snow until some photog dug him out.

Arrow Teton Gravity Research

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_K
    I wanna know how long he was head first in the snow until some photog dug him out.
    I like the story about Todd Jones going off Insomnia. He was in perfect stomp position 4-5 feet under. Only a basket was showing on top of the snow. They dug down and he was blue.

Nr the sea , on the other side of the pond..
    This sort of record breaking can only lead to one thing ....

We do a lot of calculated dangerous things when we ski down mountains accepting the risks as we go. Jamie Pierres is the ultimate extension of taking that risk but its not a direction we should take the sport of extreme skiing. Its sensationalist and without skiing skill.

He might as well have just jumped off the cliff wearing a pair of Air Jordans.

I just hope he doesn't try and jump a higher one and get hurt/killed. I also hope that no-one who saw him on TV tries to copy him and gets hurt/dies.

" Woody: That wasn't [edit] skiing [/edit]! That was... falling with style! "
    Semper in Pulveris .... Only the depth varies

This one shows where the landing was pretty well, I think (look at the ski tracks).
    Change is good. You go first.

I think this place has been taken over by ski instructors from Vail. How did you guys get old so fast. It's his life guys, I know you have little tiny genitals, and you're sick of teaching biff and buffy how to swivel their hips and plant their poles just right. I know JP's courage threatens you and makes you feel insignificant, but slandering the guy because he talks about his faith and because he has a family, that is just pathetic. Like I said before, go huck something, get out of your sunshine groomer comfort zone, take your tight black pants and your ski school jacket and go huck something bigger than you ever have before. Then when you have a little confidence in yourself, come back and look at that picture again, and maybe your ego will allow you to step back and say without bias or jealousy, "that is phucking cool."

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    Has anyone in this thread made a "switch into the road" joke yet?

Because that shit is hilarious every single fucking time.
    Almost as fresh as calling you short, AKPM dumb, or Iceman old.

Anyone else see the pics of this huck in Skiing? Pretty nice shots.

Bump!!!

Just for the Stoke!

I'm ready for the Snows.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Holy fucking thread revival, blast from the past! Im ready to shred some gnarly lines too bro.

Whatever happened to Jamie Pierre? I havent seen him in the last couple TGR movies if I remember correctly. He decided to be a dedicated family man or what? Life goes on even after 200 foot hucks!
    Just fucking point it and shut up

He's still getting out there. He "toned down" his cliff hucking. But, judging by the photos we have of him from last season, JP's "toned down" is everyone else's "f-ing ridiculous."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0SDQcm0VcU"]YouTube - jamie pierre[/ame]

Didn't see any video footage in this thread. Found this.
    Silent....but shredly.

can you imagine what those last couple of seconds nosediving at the ground would be like? not fun

i can't remember where, but i do remember reading some article about this guy who planned on trying to break 300 ft. he said his technique was to purposely front flip, lawn dart style, and then flip it around near the end and back stomp it.

What about the dude last season who accidentally sent it 300 feet (vert.)? Somewhere in Europe. Wrong line heading toward a smaller blind drop, and he realized he had no option but to go for the enormous one. Comparatively speaking I believe he stuck the landing, too (although was injured).

I'm sure someone can find the thread...
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    What about the dude last season who accidentally sent it 300 feet (vert.)? Somewhere in Europe. Wrong line heading toward a smaller blind drop, and he realized he had no option but to go for the enormous one. Comparatively speaking I believe he stuck the landing, too (although was injured).

I'm sure someone can find the thread...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...t=world+record