Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    "fucking moron. Two month old baby at home....wouldn't surprise me if the ink on the divorce papers is already drying..."
    But, you know, she kind of knew what she was getting into, didn't she?

Dang! He's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar
    Dang! He's crazy!
    DANG? You a mormon, too?

any word how deep the snow was at the base?

Fuck me...

Edit: Holy Shit!
    Last edited by MeatPuppet; 01-29-2006 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy
    The guy seems to be a total dumb ass and an arrogant prick... that being said... WOW!!

Article: http://www.skiingmag.com/skiing/drop...535923,00.html
    Well done buddy, you had to do a google search to show what a douchebag you are. You seached out a way to slam the guy and cited Skiing Magazine no less.
    Way Radder Than You!!!

Mad props and mucho respek. Bow down to his greatness till the next drop.

Quote Originally Posted by bakers_dozen
    any word how deep the snow was at the base?
    Wondering the same thing. I remember reading he was waiting for a number of diffent layers to soften the blow. Hmm, Crazy stuff...
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Targhee is reporting a 115" base at Mid mountain, probably closer to 140-150" base at that particular spot. It recieves basically no wind, sun, or skiers...ever..until now.

I sped read all of 'your' comments and Im glad to say

FKNA! LOOK AT THE BAND WAGON!!!!
    with the marionettes in tow! This was so yesterday!

ohh where is my helmet? Maybe Blurred has it? hahahahahahaha
    Last edited by MacDaddy; 01-29-2006 at 02:12 AM.
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Quote Originally Posted by yooper
    He landed on his freakin' head!

Dude's going to have to start deploying a drag chute just to stay upright. Tucking doesn't do much for you from that height.

INSANE!!!!!!!

Crazy and impressive as all hell...and yet, that guy still bugs me somehow.

EDIT: It's his born-again way of speaking, I think.
    Last edited by Cliff Huckable; 01-29-2006 at 05:42 AM.

Any word on how Jamie the jumper is doing? When Jeff Holden jumped that air in Alaska that was the famous cover for Powder, I was working at the heli operation. His back was definetly jacked a bit, and he landed on his hip from about half the distance. If this guy landed on his head, he must be hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261
    Just told my 7 yr old to come look at guy jumpimg a 245fter-
    His response " Yah, but did he land it?"

Fkn' Awsome

the imbecile landed on his fucking head people, his fucking HEAD

imagine every other ski flick you've ever seen where the landing is on their head

I think I'm going to go to church this morning, walk past the altar, go up to the bell tower and huck it on skis into the neighbor's pool to set the world record 250 ft jump and take it away from him

Pat Robertson will be so proud

Incredible photo (thanks for the scan!) and gotta give the guy credit for trying something so obviously life-threatening.

Droopy's article was entertaining, about his personality... there was a cliff jump vid post on this board a few months back, of another guy, and that guy came off as a total loony also.... I guess it's par for the course jumping stuff like this.

I guess the topic was beat to death already in the "what's so great about hucking?" thread but it seems jumping off shit at some point stops being skiing... if you aren't landing and skiing out of it what stops a crazy beginner that's never ever skiied from doing the same trick?

Quote Originally Posted by RadDoggExtraordinaire
    Well done buddy, you had to do a google search to show what a douchebag you are
    Way to jump onto the TGR flame bandwagon, and on your 9th post no less. You'll fit in fine, me thinks. ;-)

[thread-hijack] Does anybody else sometimes wonder, when being filmed or doing the filming for something like this, if the camera is about to capture someone's life ending? There was a blurb in the mag article link about another cliff jump where the guy invited all his friends, reporters, etc, did the jump and promptly got killed on the landing.

It's a really morbid thought but it sometimes runs through my mind when the skier or climber (sometimes me, usually a friend) is up there about to do something somewhat death-defying and says "he can you get this on film?"... [/thread-hijack]

Quote Originally Posted by bbirtle
    [thread-hijack] Does anybody else sometimes wonder, when being filmed or doing the filming for something like this, if the camera is about to capture someone's life ending? There was a blurb in the mag article link about another cliff jump where the guy invited all his friends, reporters, etc, did the jump and promptly got killed on the landing.

It's a really morbid thought but it sometimes runs through my mind when the skier or climber (sometimes me, usually a friend) is up there about to do something somewhat death-defying and says "he can you get this on film?"... [/thread-hijack]
    Has the film of Paul Ruff dying in the Kirkwood b/c ever been posted on this board? I have been told it exists but have never seen it.

In fact, i don't think i want to see a skier landing and bouncing off rocks.

As for this record. I do agree that at this point, anyone with huge balls and no skiing ability could 'french fry' there way to the lip and still manage to land on their heads.

However, the fact that he actually DID IT, is impressive enough for me.

Props, Jamie. I hope you are OK.

And as for his quote about not wearing a helmet, it does make sense, but those kinds of concussions, where different parts of the brain deccelerate at different rates, causing 'shear injury' are very dangerous. I would guess he will have some long term effects from all those brain injuries.

The "Faces of Death" producers are always looking for new talent.

i heard next year he's riding it switch, into the road.

i saw the pic last night, but could not think of what to say in response. i am still lacking words.

My coworker here said, "Only white people do stupid shit like that".
    More gauze pads, please hurry!

This is his masterpiece.
    Every great man has a masterpiece.
    something someone can only do once, as he only once has the strength to do so !
    Van Gogh the Ressurrection,
    Messner the Everest without oxygen,
    Bach The Musical Offering.
    But this, of all, is his MASTERPIECE.
    Nothing will be like it.
    It is the top of his career.
    Noone even need to try rival it.
    They would stand the gaper trying.

Quote Originally Posted by lph
    Has the film of Paul Ruff dying in the Kirkwood b/c ever been posted on this board? I have been told it exists but have never seen it.

In fact, i don't think i want to see a skier landing and bouncing off rocks.

As for this record. I do agree that at this point, anyone with huge balls and no skiing ability could 'french fry' there way to the lip and still manage to land on their heads.

However, the fact that he actually DID IT, is impressive enough for me.

Props, Jamie. I hope you are OK.

And as for his quote about not wearing a helmet, it does make sense, but those kinds of concussions, where different parts of the brain deccelerate at different rates, causing 'shear injury' are very dangerous. I would guess he will have some long term effects from all those brain injuries.
    Helmet make no difference here, as it is Schleudertraum in german a trauma stemming from the head jerking on the neck, not even beiing squashed like a pressured ballon ( that wold be absolute and unescapable death).The helmet can even add to the energy on the neck adding with its weight to the mass of the bouncing head.He has severe symptoms I heard of heavy brain damage since his jumps.

and gotta give the guy credit for trying something so obviously life-threatening.

Why?????????

If I run down the middle of the interstate dodging speeding cars will you give me credit?