Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I'm so glad he started from the cornice above the cliff.
    Only pussies huck that one from the womens teebox at the top of the rock wall.

. . .

He landed on his freakin' head! Has anyone mentioned that? I'm buddies with a total goddam moron who could probably be belittled and berated into doing that. The kicker is, he's never skied before. He could still do it. In fact, any moron with huge enough balls could steer themselves off a cliff and land on their head. That doesn't make them a good skier.

That said........ HOLY BALLS! That was pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot
    I'm so glad he started from the cornice above the cliff.
    That's not a cornice...that's the kicker he built

holy jeeezus shit, gives me the crreeeeps looking at it ! Cant wait to see the whole footage in the next movie ! Glad hes alive, also hope the record stays put for a while so he can enjoy it !

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truly unbelievable.

heard he was hella pissed it wasn't bluebird.

Have looked at it who knows how many times... just know noticed the un F ing beleivable back ground... Full Steeze by Mother Nature .

and while I am thinking about it...

How many gnar points for that one?

That's crazy. How was he not hurt when he fell on his head? Wouldnt his neck snap...or something?!?! (That's good he wasnt hurt though)

Ridiculous. So what's next?

My balls feel rather small at the moment. Holy crap!
    "Steve McQueen's got nothing on me" - Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    Footage of Ahern's huck is in skier666's old movie, "The Swarm." It was somewhere in the NZ backcountry.
    Backcountry outside The Remarkables.

Jamie Pierre = Captain Insano

unfuckingbelieveable
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

first of all, props for TRYING. Id give him credit for the world record if he didnt have to be dug out. Land on whatever part of your body you feel like, but I feel you should have to at least get up on your own power for it to count. That being said, JP is a fucking bad ass

that is uh-maze-ing.
    props to Jamie.

was trying to put this on a scale to compare and came up with this tidbit- his huck was bigger than all but 5 roller coasters on the planet!

Of equal height: Goliath @ Six Flags (245' tall)

in Orange here

unfreaking believable- can't wait to see the footie

I looks like he had to clear the edge of the rock face as well. Pretty damn amazing.

First off, sweet ass nar jump that absolutely defines human flying. He was flying, and head first superman style into the snow at the end proves that this was an act of flight. Absolutely unreal. I understand the thrill behind flying, jumping, but I only throw down when on waterskis, and never anything that comes close to holding a candle. This guy is killing it, but still somehow alive. Props. Unreal. Can't wait to see the video, but I hope the god talk is kept to a dull roar. What a nut though. I totally side with the folks who were unable to watch this in person due to the risk of death.

I've been drinking some wine tonight with the girlfriend, and we are thinking this cliff offers fruit within its seams, creases, and ledges. After a bottle and a half of Merlot, I think the line is possible. Looks like that ledge at around 200 feet offers a nice pillow, and some more pillows appear to be hanging below that with some real nice snowfields to shred in transit. If someone skis it, I'll believe in this god that Jaime Pierre speaks of. Till then I'm crossing off one of his nine lives.

Last edited by uglymoney; 01-28-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Are there bigger hucks out there?...I've heard of this one for at least a year...anybody know an area discussed where you could go bigger?....Not like you would want to!

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

Nice backdrop for the poster.

Anyone remember the daydreams poster of the first 100 foot huck of Beck's from 30 years ago?

He must have hurt his nuts.. Because with BALLS that fucking big, they must have landed first !

tomw_n is offline hucksville, wasatch front
    uglymoney, when you ski that line, take some footage

respect to the deity that is pierre
    If I come off as smug or self-rightous or arrogant, well, it's because this is the internet and you haven't seen me ski. - Highway Star RIP

once i get a color printer and some good paper, i am printing that out and posting it on my wall to worship every day.

unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by 3eyedsmiley
    once i get a color printer and some good paper, i am printing that out and posting it on my wall to worship every day.
    Maybe you ought to wait for a scan where the text on the back side of the paper isn't bleeding through

BLOODSWEATSTEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcwop
    My balls feel rather small at the moment. Holy crap!

Funny.

Mine feel rather..... intact.

The guy seems to be a total dumb ass and an arrogant prick... that being said... WOW!!

I met skier Jamie Pierre for the first time on a Thursday morning last March. Within 90 minutes, I saw him flip off a 40-foot cliff at Snowbird and land on a tree buried in the snow. It hurt him like hell, but he broke no bones nor punctured any internal organs. Two hours later, at Alta, he got into a screaming argument with his friend and photographer Lee Cohen before popping off a 50-footer. Eight minutes after that, he tried to board a midmountain chair without showing his season pass. When a lift supervisor demanded to see it, Pierre snarled, "Do you know who I am?" The supervisor, who naturally found Pierre's comment rude, answered, "No, asshole, do you know who I am?" A sneering Pierre tore open his coat and thrust the pass toward the liftie in a manner that could have led to blows, but didn't.

Early the next morning, Pierre hiked from Brighton to a cliff above Wolverine Cirque. As Cohen and I aimed cameras from an aerie above the Alta side of the cirque, Pierre attempted an American cliff-jumping record of 160 feet. During his stunningly long free fall, he pulled a Lincoln loop-reaching toward his tips and cartwheeling forward from the takeoff while somehow managing to rotate his torso. He stuck the landing. It was by far the biggest, most impressive air I've ever seen.

Fifteen minutes later, while hiking out, Pierre had a seizure, likely due to the minor concussion he suffered on the landing. "I've averaged at least one concussion per year since the early '90s," Pierre tells me. He seldom wears a helmet: "If it's a matter of my body going instantly from terminal velocity to zero, a helmet isn't gonna help much."

Article: http://www.skiingmag.com/skiing/drop...535923,00.html

There has been a lot of chatter here in Teton Valley today.
    Overheard in Targhee admin offices, quote unattributed:
    "fucking moron. Two month old baby at home....wouldn't surprise me if the ink on the divorce papers is already drying..."