Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Wink Can you hear it? Pow train approaching the PNW/BC

I think it's about time to be using some of them 'sick days'

wOOt! Woot! wOOt! Choooooooo!Choooo! And a big Thenk Yewwwwww!

[Anti-Jinx]

edited for update from NWS: monday

...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST TUESDAY..

HEAVY SNOW WILL FALL IN THE CASCADES TODAY...TONIGHT...AND
    TUESDAY. AROUND 12 INCHES OF SNOW WILL FALL EACH 12 HOUR PERIOD.
    THE SNOW LEVEL WILL REMAIN AT 3000 FEET OR LOWER THROUGHOUT THE
    STORM. THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE SNOWIEST EVENTS OF THE SEASON.

A FRONT WILL STALL OVER THE CENTRAL CASCADES TODAY...WITH SNOW
    FALLING OVER BOTH THE NORTH AND CENTRAL CASCADES. ANOTHER WEATHER
    SYSTEM WILL BRING MORE SNOW TONIGHT. STRONG WESTERLY FLOW INTO THE
    CASCADES WILL BRING MORE HEAVY SNOW ON TUESDAY.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS OCCURRING
    OR IMMINENT. HEAVY SNOW COMBINED WITH GUSTY WINDS WILL RESULT IN
    HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.

Last edited by Squirrel99; 01-09-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Squirrel:

Was the backcountry open? If not, any idea when?

tues and thurs I will be firmly planted at alpy...my sched kicks ass this quarter sq99 I saw ya up there today and on the contrary I have to say today wasnt so sweet

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pollard
    tues and thurs I will be firmly planted at alpy...my sched kicks ass this quarter sq99 I saw ya up there today and on the contrary I have to say today wasnt so sweet
    P- agreed on today- but was still fun. yesterday though was strangely better. today Shot 6 was $$$, all things considered with the conditions. Snake Dance wasn't so bad. As were the trees off the Bowl. And mid-Fan. JD & Alex were throwing down today. Lot of stuff got hit.

SM- gates weren't open, though I knew a few people ducking out into the BC who said it was pretty good. Unless I skin for my turns, I'll wait until they open up- which will hopefully be later this week if these storms come through. As for the 4,000 level tomorrow, it's not so bad- that's only 2/3 the way up Armstrong. So as long as Chair 2 is getting some good glop, that's fine with me. This week could be a great base builder and I'm hoping that by the weekend I'll be heading out to the Knolls.

I'll be up most nights after work this week at the Summit if anyone wants to make some turns. All depends on the weather. And that sick day is looking like W/Th or Friday for me.

I picked a good time to get the hell out of CO.

I should be at Xtal from this Tuesday until next monday. It should be sick.

tomw_n is offline hucksville, wasatch front
    The Canadian Weather Office site indicates that WB is due to suck ass with a high freezing point. Can somebody please remind me why I'm leaving Salt Lake pow for BC stodge? Oh well, it's only for a week

Love it 54321
    For: Mt Hood .
    Created: January 08, 2006 19:54:02 PST

: Winter Storm Watch in effect 4 pm PST Monday to 10 am PST Tuesday

Tonight: Snow. Probability of measurable precipitation 70 percent. Southeast wind 14 mph. Low 17.

Monday: Snow. Snow accumulation 20 inches. Probability of measurable precipitation 100 percent. Southwest wind 17 mph. High 27.

Monday Night: Snow. Snow accumulation 4 inches. Probability of measurable precipitation 90 percent. West wind 17 mph. Low 19.

Tuesday: Snow. Snow accumulation 18 inches. Probability of measurable precipitation 90 percent. West wind 16 mph. High 20.

Tuesday Night: Snow. Snow accumulation 9 inches. Probability of measurable precipitation 80 percent. West wind 18 mph. Low 20.

Wednesday: Snow showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 100 percent. High 20.

Wednesday Night: Snow showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 90 percent. Low 11.

Thursday: Snow. Probability of measurable precipitation 70 percent. High 15.

Thursday Night: Snow. Probability of measurable precipitation 90 percent. Low 10.

Friday: Snow. Probability of measurable precipitation 80 percent. High 23.

Friday Night: Snow. Probability of measurable precipitation 80 percent. Low 16.

Saturday: Snow. Probability of measurable precipitation 90 percent. High 18.

Saturday Night: Snow. Probability of measurable precipitation 80 percent. Low 14.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. High 20.

Thumbs up Winter Storm Warning extended through Tuesday!!!

Just updated the last hour by NWS:

...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST TUESDAY..

HEAVY SNOW WILL FALL IN THE CASCADES TODAY...TONIGHT...AND
    TUESDAY. AROUND 12 INCHES OF SNOW WILL FALL EACH 12 HOUR PERIOD.
    THE SNOW LEVEL WILL REMAIN AT 3000 FEET OR LOWER THROUGHOUT THE
    STORM. THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE SNOWIEST EVENTS OF THE SEASON.

A FRONT WILL STALL OVER THE CENTRAL CASCADES TODAY...WITH SNOW
    FALLING OVER BOTH THE NORTH AND CENTRAL CASCADES. ANOTHER WEATHER
    SYSTEM WILL BRING MORE SNOW TONIGHT. STRONG WESTERLY FLOW INTO THE
    CASCADES WILL BRING MORE HEAVY SNOW ON TUESDAY.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER IS OCCURRING
    OR IMMINENT. HEAVY SNOW COMBINED WITH GUSTY WINDS WILL RESULT IN
    HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.

Squirrel

Were you riding with Bryce on Sunday?

Think you guys flew past us while we were digging holes with Martin Volken above the upper lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

BLOODSWEATSTEEL Guest
    Looks good. Have fun guys!

Can you blow some down to the Lake Tahoe region?

Thanks in advance Squirrel

Squirrel, I think I have the Bird flu…
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by tomw_n
    The Canadian Weather Office site indicates that WB is due to suck ass with a high freezing point. Can somebody please remind me why I'm leaving Salt Lake pow for BC stodge? Oh well, it's only for a week
    If by 'suck ass' you mean over a foot of fresh everywhere in the alpine, well, yes, W/B will continue to suck ass as it has for the past 2 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by seatosky
    If by 'suck ass' you mean over a foot of fresh everywhere in the alpine, well, yes, W/B will continue to suck ass as it has for the past 2 weeks or so.
    shhh dude if he don't know don't tell him.

Damn 4.25 days of cube life left. There had better be a few more of these lined up for latter part of the month and February.

holy balls! 14" at baker and i decided to go to classes today because of a stupid quiz?

Quote Originally Posted by seatosky
    over a foot? try 10 ft in the past week. he probably meant compared to the utah blower he'd normally be schralping, its going to suck for him to wallow around in snow that actually contains moisture
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    over a foot? try 10 ft in the past week. he probably meant compared to the utah blower he'd normally be schralping, its going to suck for him to wallow around in snow that actually contains moisture

Yesterday with 7cm fresh over cut-up was probably the worst day conditions-wise I've had at w/b in the past 2 weeks. Still had a great time up there with lots of turns to be had all over the place. Wish I wasn't stuck in the city this week, the weekend can't come too soon...

Upper mountain closed at Crystal this morning ... wind hold. Coming down at a good rate there. Heading back up tomorrow ... this storm track is right on target.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    They should move the snow stakes to the base and only report snowfall accumulation in the valley. Alpine snowfall? Nothing to see here please move along

Quote Originally Posted by shirk
    They should move the snow stakes to the base and only report snowfall accumulation in the valley. Alpine snowfall? Nothing to see here please move along
    I just shoveled 6 inches of glop off my deck. the alpine is closed today. high winds. tomorrow is the day.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

according to telemetry at 12pm...

Baker winning big with 23" so far
    Whistler 14" overnight
    Snoqualmie up next with 15"
    Stevens & Xtal with13"

with a lot more on the way

I'm heading out of work at 5pm for Summit Central. If anyone wants to meet up for some pow under the lights.
    Last edited by Squirrel99; 01-09-2006 at 06:07 PM.

Nah! I just checked the Teton Gravity snow reports. Baker doesn't have any new snow.

--- They gotta fix that. A snow report that does not include Baker is like a sports center that gives all the scores except for the Pistons, Colts and Blue Devils.
    It's hard to wag your tail when it is tucked between your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark
    Squirrel, I think I have the Bird flu…
    Good one! Do you mind if I use it as well? Just yesterday, I was contemplating my next good excuse for not going to work this week on Tuesday and hopefully Friday. I just hope I make the right call on picking the right day(s) to ski while not going to work.
    Mad Pow Disease!

Woot Woot. Tuesday is going to be off the hook and friday is iffy but might still be good. I'll be up Tues through Fri at Baker, holla out for change

Just got back from OOhtah about 18 hours later than intended. No way I can ski tomorrow, way too much work to do. Well, maybe for an hour....
    I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.