cheap place in vail, co

going to the us open me an 3 of my friends need a cheap place to stay anybody know of any?

Cheap in Vail is unpossible.

But the Holiday Inn Apex isn't too bad. West Vail, book early and you can get a pretty decent rate...Just don't say there is three of you.
    Drive slow, homie.

The Roost lodge will be about as chep as it gets. Check the US Open website as well. They usually have deals posted. But like Z said; cheap and Vail are 2 words that rarely go together.
    Skiing Sucks! What a stupid sport!

yea, i'v checked it out a little the roost inn seems to be the cheapest saying that there is 2 people but is it ok to stay at iv heard some bad reviews, i don't need much just a space on a piece of floor thats warm will do for me. man some of the places are like 1700 a night i didn't know that thoses palces really existed shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby686
    heard some bad reviews, i don't need much just a space on a piece of floor thats warm will do for me.
    That's good because that is all the Roost is. When I went a few years back, the rooms were basic and the jacuzzi lukewarm. There was hot wine/cheese get-together each night. Good to get the blood flowing for the bus stop wait into town. I'll spend a little more my next trip. Holiday Inn/Apex? Hmmmm...
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

If anyone's still curious, the Turntable Motel (and restaurant) in Minturn is $39/night. And you can ski to it from the top of chairs 3 and 7 via the Minturn Mile. (970) 827-4164.

Quote Originally Posted by g0mer
    If anyone's still curious, the Turntable Motel (and restaurant) in Minturn is $39/night. And you can ski to it from the top of chairs 3 and 7 via the Minturn Mile. (970) 827-4164.
    And the bus in to Vail is $3 (have exact change, not for a nickle) for the morning commute, but doesn't return back to Minturn that late at night (last bus is 11 something, see http://www.eaglecounty.us/eco%5Ftransit/ for current schedule).

Take a Hummer taxi (970-977-0028) from Vail if you're out late, cheaper than a regular cab and fits more.

Also, ask the TurnGut for weekly rates, Darla is the owner. The baby boos for breakfast is a good deal.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

it couldn't be this bad could it? OUCH!

Traveler rating: 1 of 5 stars
    Vail: Roost Lodge: "go down the road to avon comfort inn"
    Nov 2, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, london

I stayed at this hotel in:
    February, 2004
    My ratings for this hotel are:
    TerribleRooms
    Okay, but some problemsService
    TerribleValue
    TerribleCleanliness
    Okay, but some problemsPool
    I traveled to this hotel with: family members
    I recommend this hotel for: students
    My visit was for: extended vacation
    Would I stay at this location again: no way!
    we went to the roost lodge twice before when the previous owners run it. It was brilliant. Went back a year later, sooo dirty left the first night, dirty sheets, dirty floor, dirty drawings on the windows(which could be seen because of the cold condensation on the windows)dirty floors, didn,'t bother to check out the bathroom, scared what we might find!!!!
    do your self a favour if youv've hired a car go and stay in an appartment in the avon lodge or the comfort inn at avon 10 minutes down the 1-70 by beaver creek!

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor, Inc.

1 out of 1 TripAdvisor users found this review to be helpful.

Write a review of this hotel
    Post your photos of this hotel
    Did you find this review helpful? YesNo
    Vail: Roost Lodge: "do yourself a favor and pack a gun!"
    Oct 16, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, MO

Compare prices with:

QuickCheck

October, 2005
    TerribleRooms
    Neutral/averageService
    TerribleValue
    TerribleCleanliness
    TerribleDining
    I traveled to this hotel with: spouse/partner
    I recommend this hotel for: budget travelers, active/adventure travelers, pet owners
    My visit was for: out-of-town getaway
    Would I stay at this location again: no way!
    Where to start. The thermostat would not turn down. It was sweltering. The door and windows had to be open to keep from melting. but you couldnt do that for long because 30 yards away is I-70 which sounded like a freight train and an airport runway together all night long. the (ahem, cough) food in the morning is nothing but juice and or coffee with crappy little danishes. It was also dirty and needed a paint job badly AND dont even think about having 3 or 4 people in the rooms-no matter what they say. this place was terrible and i will never go back. please do yourself a favor and drive a little further to eagle or backtrack to silverthorne/frisco. BUT, it is the cheapest place to stay in the vail valley-so if you are cheap here, it sucks to be you.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor, Inc.

2 out of 2 TripAdvisor users found this review to be helpful.

Traveler rating: 2 of 5 stars
    Vail: Roost Lodge: "Roost has its Ups and Downs"
    Mar 17, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, Denver, CO

Compare prices with:

QuickCheck

February, 2005
    Okay, but some problemsRooms
    TerribleService
    Okay, but some problemsValue
    TerribleCleanliness
    TerribleDining
    ExcellentActivities and gym
    I traveled to this hotel with: friends
    I recommend this hotel for: students, budget travelers, active/adventure travelers
    My visit was for: leisure
    The Roost was by far the cheapest place to stay within a reasonable distance to Vail and the village (which is to say that it's still WAY too expensive for the quality). It's old and kind of decrepit - -the mini hot tub outside had hair and funk floating in it and the pool (encased in a falling-apart greenhouse-like structure with fake flowers all over) was pretty gross as well. The room had mold crawling all along the ceiling and nothing looked or felt particularly clean. The girls in the front office were downright rude, at check in and check out, and the "continental breakfast" isn't worth waking up for. However, it was a cheap place to stay, the people we met in the hot tub were awesome and there's a free shuttle to the mountain. It's a relatively affordable place to lay your head after (or before) a great day on the slopes, just remember to bring your own pillow!

5 out of 5 TripAdvisor users found this review to be helpful.

Traveler rating: 5 of 5 stars
    Vail: Roost Lodge: "Rock On!!!"
    Nov 17, 2004: A TripAdvisor Member, san diego, ca

Compare prices with:

QuickCheck
    This place rocked. I was 17 (Back in winter 98) and a bus picked a buddy and me up from the Denver airport. Man we didn't know what we were in for. We stopped at the Marriot, then the Ritz, then the Hyatt and so on. The Roost was the last stop, and man we're we in for a treat. The Roost is where you want to be if you're an underage aspiring ski bum. If you don't have a problem walking a mile on I-70 in a blizzard to rock a fake ID in a mini mart only to take back a case of Natural Light to your cozy room and put it in the bathtub full of snow - Then the roost is your place.

3 out of 3 TripAdvisor users found this review to be helpful.

Vail: Roost Lodge: "Awful"
    Aug 24, 2004: A TripAdvisor Member, Belfast Northern Ireland

Compare prices with:

QuickCheck
    We booked this place for approx $130 a night, so not cheap. Arrived really late, snowing. The room was tiny, but couldn't find the heater switch. The room was freezing and damp, tiny bed for two. the guy at reception said the heating had gone, but they had provided blow heaters. We stayed one night and went elsewhere. the buffet breakfast turned out to be a cup of coffee in a paper cup and a couple of crackers on a small stand in the recetion area. avoid this place unless you can help it.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Colorado.html