Reverence - The Kent Kreitler Story

Saw this movie last night. I really enjoy the documentary type skis films like "The Seth Morrison Chronicles", "Something about McConkey", and this one.

I thought this one was the best of the three. I really enjoyed hearing about the start of big mountain skiing in Alaska and the revolution of fat skis. The footage of Kreitler going balls to the wall was great too.

Highly recommend that all see this flick.
    Last edited by Below Zero; 12-21-2005 at 10:55 AM.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Agreed, but I still likes TSAM the best. Now when will TGR put out a film about Nobis?
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Also agreed....its one of the best films in a long while. The only bad part is that's a tad too long and a little wierd when they discuss his "assholeness."

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    Also agreed....its one of the best films in a long while. The only bad part is that's a tad too long and a little wierd when they discuss his "assholeness."
    It would be weirder still had they omitted it
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    and a ski movie thats too long? come on now...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Is there any mention of his injury or rehab? just dislocated my knee myself

Quote Originally Posted by caddah
    Is there any mention of his injury or rehab? just dislocated my knee myself
    There's footage of his implosion.
    Can't believe that was his only injury in a career of hucking.

The early footage (long hair, longer skis) is hillarious.
    . . .

Finstah Guest
    Just saw the trailer for this movie. Pretty stoked to check it out...

I'm stoked, first I've heard of it but 100% agreed! My favorite types of movies by far! Also really dug TGR's dream factory, MSP's Superhero's of stoke, and let's not forget Candide's Few Words and I really don't care what people have to say but I thought Level 1's Refresh was diggity... I have a legitimate interest in the what the cats that made it doin what we do and how they did it, their personal struggles are no bullshit and the work/sacrifices put in is more than worth the respect and the story is always something amazing! It's a different world now for all of us because of those guys and what they gave up for our sport, much respect.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Plakespear View Post
    Agreed, but I still likes TSAM the best. Now when will TGR put out a film about Nobis?
    Knock me over with snowflake.....seeing Plakespear post unexpectedly.
    The movie certainly portrayed how Kent could be very misinterpreted or misunderstood.
    After that rock in AK, everybody knew he'd never ski at those levels again.
    Kent earned his own tribute movie through consistently pushing the envelope ala Coombs style.
    Two of this forum's most (in)famous characters were with Kreitler that day in AK -
    Owens Never Sleeps and ....Rob Story.