Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

adjusting marker bindings for new boots

Just bought Lange Comp 120 FR's, the sole length is 307mm. My old boots had a sole length of 316mm. Can I adjust my marker 1200 comp bindings to accept the new sole length and if so how??

That's probably at the limit of how far the binding can move, but it can't hurt to try.

On the back of the heel, on the bottom near the track is a phillips head screw. Crank this backwards until it looks close. Engage the boot into the binding. Adjust the screw until the top edge of the head is flush with the heel housing. At this point, the forward pressure is set. Move the DIN if required, and you're done.

If you can't move the heel far enough back to have the screw flush with the housing, it may be permissible to be SLIGHTLY too tight; that is, the head of the screw inside the housing ~1mm or so. Any more than this and a remount will be required.

and...wait for it....
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    and...wait for it....
    did you fart?

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by h20ski76
    Just bought Lange Comp 120 FR's, the sole length is 307mm. My old boots had a sole length of 316mm. Can I adjust my marker 1200 comp bindings to accept the new sole length and if so how??
    You pulled the trigger? Sweet!

Now you can stop bitching about how much your boots hold you back when you try to keep up with me.

maybe i should do you a favor and break your g3's so you have an excuse to buy hte mantras, and perhaps have a chance at matching my mad steeze

Squatch Guest
    maybe i should do you a favor and break your g3's so you have an excuse to buy hte mantras, and perhaps have a chance at matching my mad steeze
    You wouldn't dare...the Volkls are being saved for posterity/rock skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    and...wait for it....
    I though the best place to mount Marker's would be to ditch them at the dumpster... Guess I was wrong, so better to stay at telemark and forget locking me heels then.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

adjusting marker bindings:

step 1: remove marker bindings

step 2: fill in marker binding holes

step 3: replace with worthy binding

step 4: take to a tech who knows how to set them (cause if you don't already know than you probably should'nt be fukking with them)

i thought the best place to leave arrogance was in the dumpster, but i guess I was wrong. BTW Thanks to all those that helped, saved my day of skiing for sure.

Kids.

The markers are fine, I have never once had problems with markers, sollies are the only bindings I have ever had probs with. Being relativley new around this place I have noticed there seems to be a lemming like following towards sollies, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by capt_domo
    The markers are fine, I have never once had problems with markers, sollies are the only bindings I have ever had probs with. Being relativley new around this place I have noticed there seems to be a lemming like following towards sollies, whatever.
    Sollys work.
    Markers don't.
    Maggots are smart.
    Maybe you aren't.

G-onna
    A-llways
    P-rerelese
    E-very
    R-un

See, the lemmings have just arrived...

so true, I heard on an internet forum that those binders where not OK so I'm going to make fun of you untill you join our side

Ha, I'd like to see your marker riding asses keep up with anyone who has ridden enough to know better (lemmings )

fresh out of high shool in the midwest and my first year in the mountains, 1999, I was sportin the sweet new M51s (set at 12 of 14) on my extra fat solly x-mountains. man did I get sick of wallowing through waist deep fluff to find my friggin skis while my wiser mountain friends waited for me at the bottom standing in there drivers.

call me a lemming or whatever but my pure hatred and distain of the marker binding is well deserved.

go to any freestyle/freeride comp and tell me how many riders are daring enough to drill there boards for those death traps.

my jibber buddy said that the main problem was with the upward release mechanism its not designed to handle the force of any decent airs into the pow where sometimes a slightly backseat landing is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilkins

Kids.

JONGs.

and just allow me to dispel you all of the notion that there exists no Marker binding that will hold an aggressive skier..

I have DIN 24 metal MRR's on my Super G skis. They don't budge, and I'm a fatass.

That is all.

Hey, if they don't work for you, they dont work for you. Just don't go skiing down the mountain telling people there riding shit because you don't like a product their using. Your marker senario is the same senario I had with sollies so I switched to marker and have never had a problem since. But I don't care that you love brand x bindings because I know your having a good time skiing whatever you ski.

Quote Originally Posted by capt_domo
    Just don't go skiing down the mountain telling people there riding shit because you don't like a product their using.
    Whatever Maury, I do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan
    I wasn't talking to you...

I ski marker bindings and have sex.

I smoked some cigarrettes with gang members.

AWESOME a marker flame war, its been too long.

Maury, I am out of control. Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don’t use protection! It’s my hot body; I’ll do what I waunt! I don’t go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I’ll do what I waunt!

bunch of gapers

Quote Originally Posted by AKturnanburn
    tell me how many riders are daring enough to drill there boards for those death traps.
    Chris Collins, Shane McConkey, Jeremy Bloom, Ingrid Backstrom, Brad Holmes, Sarah Burke, Erik Schlopy, Glen Plake, Kristina Koznick...

no, no those folks actually paint the solly bindings to look like markers so they get there monthly check.