Post At least this site was in my favorites

This reminds me of when the K2 board went down.

Granted I don't post much especially since the boss in next door now, but for a while Powder was a great place to escape from the real word.

Thumbs up

Grange,

Where are you at? I grew up in Madtown - Tyrol Basin.

I saw Boulder Juction had 6" the other day. I hope that is a sign of things to come. I've heard great things about Bohemia, I would love to get back and hit that up on a pow-day.

I recently move to Eau Claire for my job. Before that I was in La Crosse for 6 years and frequented Mt. La Crosse. Not the greatest hill, but Damnation was definitely steep by midwest standards.

I plan on heading up to Mt. Bohemia sometime this winter if I don't go broke from my trip to Hawaii. I also want to try Granite Peak near Wausau. It is the old Rib Mountain on steroids.

Considering I was very familiar with Rib Mountain since I went to college close by (UW-SP) I am looking forward to explore the other 50+ runs.

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: Grange ]

Thumbs up

Ha, nice!

I went to UWEC. Cameraderie RIP.

I havnt heard much about Granite Peak, just the fact that they change the name. I used to frequent Rib Mt. quite a bit. So what did they ad to it?

Before they basically had one section of the north facing slope developed. The now have the entire north facing slope and a chunk of the east facing slope developed into runs. From their brochure they have something like 75 runs.

When I drive by it on my way to my home town of Green Bay it lookes like the new runs are not as wide as the old ones. I can still pick out where Rib Mountain used to be.

Whoa Hey,
    I grew up in Madtown! Where you from exactly drifter. I'll be back next weekend for a wedding in EC.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.