Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Rev's Once a Month Thread

I've been on this board or the other or the other for about 6 years now and I've seen waaaaaay too many TR's of glory in places I've never been or haven't been to in years. That Baker thread today made me say, "shit...I haven't been there since '99 and now I have all these internet friends at my disposal to show me the tits!" Same goes for Tahoe, where I haven't really and truly gotten some since about '97. Thankfully, Utah is in driving distance, as is Jackson and the 'Ghee, but Mammoth, Tahoe and Washington are not so I haven't been to any of them in years. Thus the plan. For December, January, February and March I shall get to one of these destinations via Southwest or via the F-250 Moose and get some. The trick is hitting it at the right time. The plan as of right now:

WA: January

Schweitzer: December

Tahoe: February(?)

Mammoth: late March

SLC: Whenever Woodsy is ready and probably more than once

Jackson: Whenever Jimmy Page scores us the room and tix!

The 'Ghee: Any given storm

Bozetucky: Whenever my roomie wants to roll there and show me da goods.

So if any of you mags want to show a dirty reverend (actually not so dirty anymore ) a good time and have suggestions for timing, let's hear it. Grandiose TR's will follow each adventure, of course.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

if you get to bozo, or possibly, dare i say lost trail and discovery, i could quite possibly show you some good times i wouldn't hold your breath for lt or discovery for awhile, but when the snow dumps, lt is the shit....i'm always up for a bit of a road trip, and up for some skiing. i grew up on discovery, mav and lt, but unfortunately have not been able to make it back over there for awhile. maybe this winter? yes....this winter...always looking for maggots to go with. rev, if your interested, get ahold of me.
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

Celebrate skiing again with me in Feb...(contingent on doctor approval of skiing for real again).
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

take skins wherever you go and control your own destiny
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

R, Im in Cove, UT again now, so when you do head this way, you can always crash with me if you please. Then 2 more hours to Dday's. Maybe I can get the Woodsman to come up too and do a bit of Beaver and tour a bit???

Throwing it out there.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

reverend floater come on down! you're the next contestant on the z-bo stevens/baker tour. i'll even let ya surf my bachelor pad couch.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo
    reverend floater come on down! you're the next contestant on the z-bo stevens/baker tour. i'll even let ya surf my bachelor pad couch.
    Yes! I'm soooo in. December or January work better?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Set aside the time, then let the weather turn your travellin' vane.

Jan in WA can be weird: sometimes cold and dry, somethings pineapple expressway. In any case, at any time, there's crash space for you here.

At other time:, well, you know when and where.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    R, Im in Cove, UT again now, so when you do head this way, you can always crash with me if you please. Then 2 more hours to Dday's. Maybe I can get the Woodsman to come up too and do a bit of Beaver and tour a bit???

Throwing it out there.
    How far are you from the Basin? That's my Mecca these days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater
    How far are you from the Basin? That's my Mecca these days.
    Hour and a half from door to door. I love the Basin too.

Meeting, be back.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen
    Set aside the time, then let the weather turn your travellin' vane.

Jan in WA can be weird: sometimes cold and dry, somethings pineapple expressway. In any case, at any time, there's crash space for you here.

At other time:, well, you know when and where.

Yes I do, my friend. Yes I do.

I am now the 'ghee employee in residence and will happily enjoy DEEEEEP turns on a moments notice with you. Hollar when you make it this way.

Let me know if you come up this way. I'd be more inclined to show some non-locals some stashes than anyone. Snowmobile would help though.

Push the Mammoth plan back a month to time it with the annual Mini! It'll probably be April 27 - 30 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik
    Push the Mammoth plan back a month to time it with the annual Mini! It'll probably be April 27 - 30 this year.
    Is there powder that time, Yoga? Or just corn?

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    Let me know if you come up this way. I'd be more inclined to show some non-locals some stashes than anyone. Snowmobile would help though.
    As long as we can take the sleds which aren't ours, I'm definitely in!

If you take me to Tahoe I can get us a free place to stay in the Keys.
    "I don't feel tardy"

Oh ya and I think I can make Jackson work anytime.
    "I don't feel tardy"

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy page
    Oh ya and I think I can make Jackson work anytime.
    I think we just wait for a storm and do a last minute assuault!

I guess I'll go skiing with you. I'll have my peeps get in touch with your peeps and we'll do logisticals. Stanley, you wanna reserve that stealth yurt?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater
    As long as we can take the sleds which aren't ours, I'm definitely in!
    With or without sleds, let me know.

I was also thinking about a PNW trip in january since i'll be off for a few weeks. Are you going to fly or drive up, Rev? I was thinking of driving just for the logistics of hitting a few spots. I think you'd be on the way.(?)

And anytime you want to hit basin you could crash here.

With or without sleds, let me know.
    And sleds have been on my mind ever since your movie that showcased all that terrain 30 mins. from my house. Thanks, now i'm looking in the paper everyday for used sleds/trailers.

You have a unique opportunity to ski one of the best sled accessed areas in the lower 48, don't blow it.

AND DON'T TELL ANYONE. That place will be crowded soon enough, although I saw no other skiers or even old ski tracks when we were up there.

You have a unique opportunity to ski one of the best sled accessed areas in the lower 48, don't blow it.

AND DON'T TELL ANYONE. That place will be crowded soon enough, although I saw no other skiers or even old ski tracks when we were up there.

flyK...I'll join you on any exploretory missions. Just drop me a line.