Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nordica Supercharger Blower

Do any of you have some information about this monster? I'm looking at getting a new pair of fats and thought I had things narrowed down between the Sugar Daddy and Mantra. Now I have a last minute opportunity to get the "Blower" for a low, low price but all I know is that it comes in a 185 and a 192, has a 110 mm waist and is black. Not much to go on. Anyone here ski this thing, heard rumors or know of a Nordica rep who could provide a clue? Thanks y'all.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

Fartbag Commando - That's hilarious! Excellent board name choice!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    Fartbag Commando - That's hilarious! Excellent board name choice!
    Thanks BZ. Seems to be lots of "colorful" supporters here. Damn, I wish someone knew something about this ski. A few weeks ago I heard a Nordica rep speaking about how it has become Brad Holmes's favorite ski but at the time I didn't think to stop and ask more about it.

Hmmm, try tech talk maybe?
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by FartBag Commando
    Do any of you have some information about this monster? I'm looking at getting a new pair of fats and thought I had things narrowed down between the Sugar Daddy and Mantra. Now I have a last minute opportunity to get the "Blower" for a low, low price but all I know is that it comes in a 185 and a 192, has a 110 mm waist and is black. Not much to go on. Anyone here ski this thing, heard rumors or know of a Nordica rep who could provide a clue? Thanks y'all.
    I just got a photo-copied flyer of the new Supercharger skis from the rentals manager at the ski shop that employs me.

Measurements on the Blower: 100% powder: 139-110-129. Radius 26 m. 185 and 193 cm lengths. Flat tail.

Measurements on the Ignition: Park and pipe: 125-84-112. Radius 21 m. 163 , 170, and 177 cm lengths.

The pictures are low quality and black/white, but the Blower topsheet graphics feature a small "Nordica" on the shovel, running length-wise maybe 1/5 the length of the ski, and a "Supercharger" with graphics on the tail, maybe 1/4 the length of the ski. Base is mostly black, with a white and some other color "Nordica" graphic on the shovel, maybe 1/3 the length of the ski.

The Ignition graphics are pretty similar, except the base is white with a zebra-like pattern running the length.

I want to see these skis in person, or at least a high-quality color image, before I make a judgement on their visual appeal.

No prices listed. I'll see if I can get more info later this week if someone in the shop speaks with the rep.

Hope this was somewhat useful to you.
    -Thomas

I saw the 193 Supercharger this weekend. It wasn´t flat in the tail as it had a small twintip. Not a full twin, but clearly a lift in the tail. 139-110-129 and 29.2m radius stated on the ski. I didn´t ski it, but flexed it. It is pretty soft all over and very soft in the tip. The bend curve has a stiffer part under the foot, but still the overall feel was surprisingly soft.

Sandwich construction with white sidewalls and it looked guite thin (base to topsheet). Black topsheet with small Nordica and Supercharger logos with colourful decoration around them. It was also very light for such a big ski even though they where mounted with Marker 15-30 race bindings. It was Sverre Liliequist skis btw.

........................pic

Edit: Pic ain't working nomo.
    Last edited by trainnvain; 11-30-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MnO
    I saw the 193 Supercharger this weekend. It wasn´t flat in the tail as it had a small twintip. Not a full twin, but clearly a lift in the tail.
    You saw which ski? From the width I'd say it was the Blower. I could see the semi-twin tail in the pictures, but wasn't sure. Flat is what the flyer said.

139-110-129 and 29.2m radius stated on the ski. I didn´t ski it, but flexed it. It is pretty soft all over and very soft in the tip. The bend curve has a stiffer part under the foot, but still the overall feel was surprisingly soft.
    It was also very light for such a big ski even though they where mounted with Marker 15-30 race bindings. It was Sverre Liliequist skis btw.
    I guess the flyer had the radii wrong? Hmm...

Good to hear that they are light. My Tuas with Fritschi Diamirs are super light compared to the skis I work on, even some shorter skis are much, much heavier.

I'm kind of bummed that the Blower only come in two sizes, but I don't think a 185 will be too bad of a jump from my 178s, especially if they are light and soft/forgiving.

I'll demo them and make a judgement, I guess.
    -Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by AKBckntry
    You saw which ski?
    I didn´t see any name like Blower stated on the ski. Nordica Supercharger was all that was there. But since it was 110mm I guess it was the Blower.

Quote Originally Posted by MnO
    I didn´t see any name like Blower stated on the ski. Nordica Supercharger was all that was there. But since it was 110mm I guess it was the Blower.
    Weird.

I want to demo some of these things.
    -Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by trainnvain

........................pic
    that thing is f'in hideous...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBckntry
    You saw which ski? From the width I'd say it was the Blower. I could see the semi-twin tail in the pictures, but wasn't sure. Flat is what the flyer said.

I'm kind of bummed that the Blower only come in two sizes, but I don't think a 185 will be too bad of a jump from my 178s, especially if they are light and soft/forgiving.

I'll demo them and make a judgement, I guess.
    They are light, but definitely don't flex in a soft or forgiving way. Seen a couple pairs of the Blowers at different places -- they have a small twin, like Legend Pro sized.

yes: Unless you are really blind, those are 2 different skis.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Blower

I have flexed a pair, They are sweet and i am actually waiting for my pair of 185's to come in. They are a nordica so they are kinda beefy, but a little softer in the tip and stouter through the center. I think they are going to be a lot of fun. I think it should be around the flex of a gotama, or a bit stiffer.
    Hope that helps

Nordica skis and boots of late are awsome. From what I have heard and seen, which is very little, these will not be any different. I can not wait until they come in!

One of my co-workers got a set of Ignitions, the park and pipe ski, and their visual appeal, to me, leaves much to be desired. It's like The Simpsons meets classic Batman comics.

Given that the shortest Blower is a 185, I'm pretty much giving up on them.

I'm trying to get an employee form deal on these: http://www.priorskis.com/skis_doughboy.php
    -Thomas

Blowers

My 185s came in the other day and they look killer. Vertically laminated wood with 2 sheets of metal and a nice twin. I will have them out this weekend and post a review.

Thumbs up Noridca Blower 185

Hey there. I just mounted up my new Nordica Blower 185's yesterday morning after a good pow dump here in mammoth the past two days. I acquired these skis after trading them for my K2 Maiden AK 179's. I was blown away by the way these skis handled all types of pow terrain. Great for landing airs as they are super stable (110mm underfoot), super punchy and responsive through the trees and tight stuff which was real surprising, and they rip the wide opens. So yeah I would definitely recommend these skis to anyone. The tail turns up very sharply and kicks up a better rooster tail than other skis (especially for someone following you closely as comented by my buddies). The topsheet is the same as shown above but the base is much better. Any questions feel free to ask.

Hi bigmountainbillygoat

Could you please post some more pics of the blower... maybe of the twin and the base if possible... Thanks

Greets,
    Timson

EDIT: After some searching on google I found this pic of the blower's base:

Last edited by Timson; 02-13-2006 at 09:43 AM.

Blowers

Yo, the Blowers are truly amazing! I have a pair of the 193's and they definately put Nordica on the fat ski map. Finally! Big and burly is what I can say. They ski well with a lot of power put into them and they float and surf the pow with ease. Not a light ski they seem to like staying on the ground. Fanatyk Co. in Whistler has them for sale as well as for demo. The twin tip is radically curved up in the back. Buy em, rip the shit out of everything on em!

fAcK! Shoulda jumped on the deal while I had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by pancake
    Yo, the Blowers are truly amazing! I have a pair of the 193's and they definately put Nordica on the fat ski map. Finally! Big and burly is what I can say. They ski well with a lot of power put into them and they float and surf the pow with ease. Not a light ski they seem to like staying on the ground. Fanatyk Co. in Whistler has them for sale as well as for demo. The twin tip is radically curved up in the back. Buy em, rip the shit out of everything on em!

Little biased maybe Cake? I usually rave about free stuff too!

If this is not THE pancake then I'm sorry and thanks for the review.

maybe?

Biased? Come on this ski really does rock!!! The most iamazing ski in the world!!!! Truly, truly!!! Ha, ha.
    This could be THE pancake but I've heard there are a few of us. I'm just a skier like everyone else!

Flexed them in the shop the other day and they feel about as stiff as the gotama, but quite a bit stiffer in the tail. Looks like a fun ski. The construction looks pretty burly, curious to see if they are as well-built as one of my favorite skis ever, the 105/ff.

Quote Originally Posted by pancake
    Biased? Come on this ski really does rock!!! The most iamazing ski in the world!!!! Truly, truly!!! Ha, ha.
    This could be THE pancake but I've heard there are a few of us. I'm just a skier like everyone else!
    To me there is only one Pancake. The rest are doughy wannabes!

I'm a Marmot guy. Do you miss hitting rocks Cake?

In st anton last week I skied with a guide who had a pair of nordica superchargers with measurements 98 underfoot and 135 in the tip. The ski was red. He borrowed them from a girl who was spancered (but injured). He said there were very few around, and they are different from both that are showed here in this thread.

Fondling review; nice rounded even flex. Not too stiff, not too soft, felt softer than a legend pro, but maybe not a lot. The guide absolutely loved them.
    Last edited by KANUTTEN; 02-21-2006 at 07:52 AM.
    All work and no play, ... you know...