WTB: Bindings for rocket ships

I have a dilemma. I picked up a sweet pair of Course SL for closing day, but they are mounted with an old MRR. I'm not sure if they suck or not. They'll need a remount anyway, and I prefer to have some adjustment on the fun skis so other folks can take 'em out.

My usual choice for the old skis is a 9 series Salomon (957E, 977E, 997E). Anybody holding?

I'm not even sure I can cram my recently repaired foot into my resort boots but I'm willing to try. What's a good option (read: will fit) if I want to gamble with a touring sole (Zero G) in a GripWalk binding? I've been skiing the ZGs in Wardens.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by North; 03-28-2024 at 11:40 AM.

Attack 14 GW, $125 USD shipped from Corbetts is hard to beat

STH2 16 would be a good choice although I'm guessing you're not looking to spend two benjamins
    https://www.levelninesports.com/prod...EaAoW0EALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I have a dilemma. I picked up a sweet pair of Course GS for closing day, but they are mounted with an old MRR. I'm not sure if they suck or not. They'll need a remount anyway, and I prefer to have some adjustment on the fun skis so other folks can take 'em out.

My usual choice for the old skis is a 9 series Salomon (957E, 977E, 997E). Anybody holding?

I'm not even sure I can cram my recently repaired foot into my resort boots but I'm willing to try. What's a good option (read: will fit) if I want to gamble with a touring sole (Zero G) in a GripWalk binding? I've been skiing the ZGs in Wardens.
    Where's the GS boards?

Somebody here wants those MRR's for something. They make stylish door knockers.

I'd be down at the thrift store looking for some older solly's, not sure if that's an option for yas.

Saved these from getting trashed. Good nick, but not full metal. DIN14. I'd certainly recommend a relube and carpet test or three. No screws.

Free if you post stoke pics with them. Beer if you don't.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ima_3fd5f2e.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	602.5 KB 
ID:	492268

I probably have screws that would make doebedoe's Sollys work.

I have some 920-900s
    I currently ski Cochise 130s w/dynafit soles in 916s with no issues, but i'm kinda dumb.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Where's the GS boards?

Somebody here wants those MRR's for something. They make stylish door knockers.

I'd be down at the thrift store looking for some older solly's, not sure if that's an option for yas.
    Fixed! They are indeed SLs (man card revoked).

Foggy reminded me that it's possible to cram a touring sole into adjustable toe height salomons.

doebedoe those 957s are metal heel plastic toe yeah? I always had good luck with the old iron as long as it was wormscrew heel. If I can't thrift anything and can get down to the frange I might take you up on those.

The perfect binding for these is a 747 edition Strive but even I'm not that committed to the bit...and I'm pretty committed.

I think for that ski, which was awesome and won alot of TriState J1 races circa 1990, the period correct binder would be the Miami Vice 997.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    The perfect binding for these is a 747 edition Strive but even I'm not that committed to the bit...and I'm pretty committed.
    Wonder if the Strive heels explode like the 747s did.

Thanks for the input everybody. Grabbed some attacks from evo that will probably go back assuming MNIAW's attack demos show up in time.

FYI Caucasian your PMs are full.

Update:

I bought attacks from evo (returned) and a cheaper pair of attacks from somebody here. When I went to pull the MRRs I realized they would fit my BSL and decided to run 'em with my touring boots.

They subsequently kicked ass in all scenarios. During an unplanned off-piste run they released beautifully when I hit a buried frozen rollerball, and held strong for NFZ jump turns. They even made a trip to The Frank last wknd with my buddy. Vive le MRR!

Cool update, you're brave! Glad it worked out.