Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    You gotta go before too long anyways, what’s the big rush?

You haven't ridden with my son yet.
    Take care of yourself my friend.

Hey Buzz, another longtime OG here saying that YOU MATTER. What you're going through sounds horribly tough. Stay as strong as you can and don't do anything drastic. If it gets to be too much, just call 9-8-8. That will offer immediate relief as you move toward recovery. It is possible. There are higher powers around you. Much love, man.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There is more poutine to smell.
    And Kale to reject.
    Ribeyes to eat

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    just a quick update me & stb mrs tgapp are en route to go chill with buzz

if someone has a K hookup we could go for a little therapy sesh but unfortunately I'm all out myself

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Mags helping mags. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    You gotta go before too long anyways, what’s the big rush?
    I always thought that the morons lining up to board the plane 20 minutes early were hilarious, we are all gonna arrive at the same time to the same place.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Buzz, I am sorry that life sucks right now.

There’s a lot of good advice in here already from smart people, so i can’t help much. but if I appreciate your posts half a continent and behind a screen away, im sure that you have people around you that do too. talk to them. call a helpline. wake up early and go get some exercise.

there’s a lot of good shit that’s out there, it just gets covered in bs a lot.

if the ratio hasn’t been coming up in your favor lately maybe it just means your due?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Buzz, reach out to old core friends. Even if "bridges were burned" they can be rebuilt. Time heals a lot of that shit amongst good friends. It sounds like you could use the people that know you best.

I'm sending positive vibes your way.

Couple things that can help as a daily practice. I'm 55 and have been going through some of the same shit.

This helps you get out of your head and into the present.

Go for a walk and....

Notice 5 different things; their color, shape, texture.

Listen and note 5 different sounds.

Close your eyes and take a deep breath. What does it smell like?

Repeat the above throughout the walk.

Get a bird feeder and seed. Something about feeding birds gave me a glimmer of hope when I felt down.

Put on some good good music and cook some food from a favorite recipe.

Some ideas that helped me get through, and continue to help.

Good vibes from Witchita can heal ya.
    Go listen to some more of that Charles,Wesley Godwin I sent ya.
    Feel the West Virginia love

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Get a bird feeder and seed. Something about feeding birds gave me a glimmer of hope when I felt down.
    This reminded me of my pet/wild bird. When I split firewood with my axe the bark falls off and sometimes little larvae fall out. This bird knows the sound of my axe and visits me. It sits a few feet off to the side and watches for its food to fall. When it does, I take a step back and let it into the space to munch. Often it gets so fat it can't fly away and it just sits and sleeps in my garden for a few hours. It's cute as hell. This has been going on for two or three years now.

Keep your head up, Buzz. Sometimes that's all you've got. But it's still something. And something is more than nothing, even if it's only a little.

Do yourself a favor, Dan, and delete the posts you made in this thread.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Love you, Ron.

When you wake up tomorrow, remember this: Put down the booze for good. I never drank that regularly, but man, even a small amount can have a profound effect on your mental health. I don't drink at all anymore--almost entirely because of it's effect on my mental health at any dose. For me, even a glass of whiskey or a couple light beers would result in some sort of anxiety or morose the next day. And again, I was never a heavy drinker but I LOVE Irish whiskey.

This would be a meaningful and almost guaranteed improvement and a great first step towards breaking through.

Here's to tomorrow and the day after that!

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Hang in there Buzz. We need you here.

update Buzz has the cutest dogs

Grim thinks he is a 15lb lap dog

thanks for letting us come on by, we (all of us on this weird little corner of the Internet) love you & we're grateful you're here with us

About to turn 50 and am too tired to continue

thanks for letting us come on by, we (all of us on this weird little corner of the Internet) love you & we're grateful you're here with us

Awesome y’all! We’re all here for ya Buzz!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 02-28-2024 at 09:37 PM.

And, the ribeyes.

tgapp, I hope we cross paths one day, 'cause this, along with all of your other selfless acts, are something to be admired; drinks on me. Thanks for looking out for one of our own.
    I still call it The Jake.

Hang in their Buzz….you have lots of support and some great advice/ to help get you through this bump in the road. You have lots to live for….many more exciting times to enjoy.

I think we live pretty close to each other and we've met IRL once, (red bike pedals?) Feel free to hit me up if you ever want to unload or just chat in person. You seem to have raised some pretty decent kids in this weird East Bench world. I'd love to know how you kept them centered. Mine are getting to the age where I really have to think three moves ahead when they ask me a serious complex question. I'd love some real dad advice.

Hang in there dude, people love you, we need you around more than you know. One day at a time.

Buzz, every damn time I see your avatar, I imagine an entire block, both sides of the street, totally dark…with a wildly flaming couch on each porch and lawn. Red cups strewn everywhere, semi- naked kids gettin’ it on in the shadows.

Please don’t take that away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Buzz, every damn time I see your avatar, I imagine an entire block, both sides of the street, totally dark…with a wildly flaming couch on each porch and lawn. Red cups strewn everywhere, semi- naked kids gettin’ it on in the shadows.

Please don’t take that away from me.
    Sounds like Morgantown

Buzzworthy- please hang in there.

You don’t know me at all, but I certainly remember your screen name from when I first started lurking here a long time ago. I care about you along with everyone else posting here.

From my own experience, giving up alcohol was huge for me and my overall mental wellbeing. Might be worth a go. I don’t know. Some micro ( and macro) dosing also helped me around that time and continues to somewhat frequently. But I’m no medical professional, although a reset can do wonders IME.

Your family needs you even if you don’t feel that way. You’re still here for a reason. Lotta good suggestions in this thread.

Tgapp and crew- nicely done. Amazing people.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Sounds like Morgantown
    Shit, I had the wrong location the whole time?
    Memory still stands!