Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Also, how dare you think about leaving behind your adorbs wife and dog. They need you. And I'm gonna be super honest. Dogs have probably kept me from attempting. For real.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    It’s another day. I’m trying a little more today.
    I’m embarrassed as all get out. But thank you.
    Don't be embarrassed.

Well shit. Off the board a few days so didn't see this until today. Definitely don't be embarrassed. We are all here for you. I am glad things are looking better for you Ron and wish you all the best in your continued journey. As a fellow 50 year old, if you ever do decide to get out of Utah and come to the Seattle area of the world, me and divegirl will gladly show you around.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Don't be embarrassed.
    For real. It's a shame there is such a stigma around mental health. My wife and I have had a pretty rough couple of years and its a shame that its not easier to talk about to friends that truly care. When I have managed to open up, friends have been there in a way that's sometimes hard to imagine.

Not to beat a dead horse, but your kid is gonna need you A LOT in the next chapter of their life. I lost my dad when I was 21 and I don't go a day without wishing I could talk to him.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about Buzz.

We don't feel embarrassed when we hurt a knee or our shoulder gets hurt, there's absolutely no need to feel that way when the most complex organ in your body needs a little attention either.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 03-01-2024 at 12:59 PM.
    I still call it The Jake.

Thanks for chiming back in Buzz. Echo what others say about embarrassment.

Yeah, don't be embarrassed. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, don't be embarrassed. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
    ^This.

Go play with your dog. (I am 52 and few things cheer me up like those brown eyes staring back at ya)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Recommended yesterday. A surprising win for the algorithm.

Money.

Hey Buzz, we missed seeing you up at Beaver! Stoke time...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E1622.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	870.8 KB 
ID:	488851

I have more to say; check your PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Recommended yesterday. A surprising win for the algorithm.

I don't know who that guy is, but that was rad. Now even I'M sooper pumped! We could all use a cheerleader like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    It’s another day. I’m trying a little more today.
    I’m embarrassed as all get out. But thank you.
    Dude, it took courage to reach out. Feel good about that.
    Hope tomorrow is better than today
    ETA - bunch of folks beat me to it

Well for fucks sake, reading through this thread had me tearing up big time. This place and all you weirdo dentists are amazing. I’ve met a few people from here, but it really is a weird, great little community.

Buzz, I feel everything you said, and I’m glad you said it all. I don’t know you at all, but I’ve seen your posts over the years. I lost my 17 year old a year ago. The pain I feel every day is unreal. Some days it’s a struggle to get out of bed. Our lives have been turned upside down forever. There is no positive spin on that. At this point, I live for my wife, my other kid, and my friends and family that are still around. I couldn’t do anything that would hurt them, by hurting myself. Otherwise I would probably go out, fear and loathing style. I don’t know where I’m going with this really, but if you don’t improve the situation for yourself, do it for the ones that love you ( which somehow includes a bunch of over analyzing, binding and weird ski hoarding, bunch of good guys and gals that are always there when it counts)

Sounds like I’m a little late to the party and you are moving toward a better space. Good on you for using your voice and talking it out. You got a lot of friends that you don’t even know and we’re all behind you

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Well for fucks sake, reading through this thread had me tearing up big time. This place and all you weirdo dentists are amazing. I’ve met a few people from here, but it really is a weird, great little community.

I lost my 17 year old a year ago. The pain I feel every day is unreal. Some days it’s a struggle to get out of bed. Our lives have been turned upside down forever. There is no positive spin on that.
    Dude, I'm so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Dude, I'm so sorry.
    This.

About to turn 50 and am too tired to continue

Thanks fellas. It’s brutal. I try and just keep goin. Keep busy. Keep distracted. I haven’t even mentioned it here before, I couldn’t even really talk about it to most people til the “one year anniversary” had come and gone. But I guess my point is, to Buzz, a lot of us are going through some awful, awful shit, and somehow, we are all here to help and support each other.. and the last thing I want to do is take away the focus of this thread, which is helping Buzz to continue enjoying shredding and living The best life he can

I mean if you guys need any advice on loafers don’t be shy…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

t, my god, I’m so sorry to hear this, if i see you at a Phish show this summer, big hug coming your way.
    Keep on Keeping on
    crab in my shoe mouth

Buzz, just wanted you to know that as one of the true OGs around here, I've always respected you and your input and opinions.

Just wanted to say a couple other things that came to mind also; first, I'm 48 and I still need MY Dad... I rely on him all the time for all kinds of things, and I have for my entire adult life. I promise you that your "kid" still needs you - a lot.

Second, and I don't know if this will help you at all - feel free to disregard - but this helped me; a gratefulness journal. Its really not all that hard; every day, force yourself to write down 5 things you're grateful for. They don't have to be big things, they can be things like;
    Clean drinking water
    My Dog
    My eyesight
    TGR kooks
    Favorite cereal this morning
    Hot wood stove on a cold day
    Paid time off
    Took a good shit this morning
    My wife
    Still have a full head of hair
    My truck
    Roof over my head
    My 12" cock
    etc etc. If you can't do 5, do 3. The point is to force yourself to focus - if only briefly - on things in your life that are good, every day. It seems stupid, but... it worked. For me anyhow.

Also agree with everyone who said "talk to someone" - ideally someone with letters after their name, but even if only us dweebs. The more you can unload, the better you usually feel. Clearly there is no judgement here, because most (all?) of us have first hand experience with depression and know how much it truly sucks.

^ Wait, are you bragging about your 12” member?
    Or is it someone else's that you’re thankful for?
    NTTAWWT

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    ^ Wait, are you bragging about your 12” member?
    Or is it someone else's that you’re thankful for?
    NTTAWWT
    Dammit, I fixed it - figuring this exact response - but you were too quick

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Dude, it took courage to reach out. Feel good about that.
    This. You've got far bigger cajones than I do, that's for sure.

Living life at 11 means it's hard to hear the music when it's at a 4. Some days are 1s and 2s, or worse. All you can do is reach out for help and I'm glad and grateful that you did.

Go see some live music. It's one of the most powerful remedies in my toolbox.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Thanks fellas. It’s brutal. I try and just keep goin. Keep busy. Keep distracted. I haven’t even mentioned it here before, I couldn’t even really talk about it to most people til the “one year anniversary” had come and gone. But I guess my point is, to Buzz, a lot of us are going through some awful, awful shit, and somehow, we are all here to help and support each other.. and the last thing I want to do is take away the focus of this thread, which is helping Buzz to continue enjoying shredding and living The best life he can
    Dude that is heavy stuff. So sorry you and your family experienced that/have to live with that. Good for you though for sharing that and sharing what works for you so you can help another mag out.

A day at a time is about all I could do. It does get a little easier as time goes on.

It's coming up on the five year anniversary of when we lost our 19 year old. I don't have any special advice. It just sucks.

Buzz, sorry for derailing any of this thread. We are all in this together, somehow, in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Just wanted to check in, buzz (and others) I don’t know you but I know things get tough. I was wishy washy on replying but after reading through more and more comments of support and love and stoke I realize most of us are here for similar reasons, and we all share an understanding and compassion toward fellow mags. This place and the people here are amazing. You are amazing. Difficult pasts, difficult situations and darkness, but I hope you see some light and feel some warmth soon. If you ever need anyone to talk you shoot me a PM and I’ll text you my number.