Check Out Our Shop

PSA: Fox is over a month out on Service including warranty work

As spring break bike trips are on the horizon I figured I would pass on what I found out.

Local shop says all warranty work from all brands is taking longer. I'm guessing all the industry layoffs are affecting this... Poor customer service is always a good way to help bounce you back after a bad year, right?

A month out, somehow was normal in June or July but never February, to my recollection.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I feel like now is generally the busier time of year for suspension service as many people are trying to get their bikes tuned up for the spring.

Turnaround was reasonably quick when my shock blew up a couple summers ago. Now it's there again because i decided to do something preemptively. Been awhile now. Probably should have just bought a sidluxe or something we could service in house. The floats for some reason are one of the few things our suspension guy doesn't do, I think because of the recharge procedure?

Even the local techs are pretty slammed. I had my local guy install a Secus for me, and he said he's super backed up. Luckily I talked to him about it months in advance so he could get all the parts, but he said it feels like everybody and their brother is getting their suspension serviced in the offseason this year.

Biking is slightly more popular right now than it was this time last year. Many areas of the country having less snow this year probably helps too. There is a general vibe of excitement in Moab and GJ right now.

It's cheaper to just buy a new FOX with current sales.

I took the bikes down at the end of January as we were thinking of heading to Spokane for a ride. Gave them both a squish and heard the cavitation suck on my wife's SJ Evo. The beginning of February always seemed safe in the past. It's a 5-month-old Factory Float X, so warranty, or I would just buy something new.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

This is why I went with DVO rather than Fox or RS for my Rail. Easy to service or I can just drop off at their shop for service when I drive through LA.

Last time I had to send my RS Sid fork in it took a month to get back. And I still have trouble finding service kits for it or the Sidluxe shock.

On the topic of Fox though... If anyone has one of the bad year X2's, they just replaced mine off a 2021 Ripmo as the second owner with no questions asked with a brand new 2024. 2-week turnaround, very impressed with their customer service on this one.

I need to do this too. Did you just send in with the online form and click the request warranty option?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer123 View Post
    On the topic of Fox though... If anyone has one of the bad year X2's, they just replaced mine off a 2021 Ripmo as the second owner with no questions asked with a brand new 2024. 2-week turnaround, very impressed with their customer service on this one.

I initially emailed them explaining that I was the second owner of a failed X2 and was hoping they would be able to help me out. They replied in the email saying they would commit to replacing it, and then had me fill out the online form and request the warranty option. I am not sure if the email was needed, but it was nice to know right up front what was going to happen.

This isn't new, fox has always had the slowest and most painful warranty process.

Their MTB suspension isn't even in the same league as rockshox right now anyway, so that's fine.

What are the symptoms I should be looking for? I also have this era ripmo.

Its primarily a squelching/slurping sound. It often comes back really quick even after a rebuild. It also rides poorly and seems to lose a lot of mid-stroke support, but the sound is the dead give away.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    What are the symptoms I should be looking for? I also have this era ripmo.

One on my v1 ripmo makes that sound ...any idea if they would replace that old?

Just go buy the new Push fork for $2600 as your backup

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Since we are talking about Fox, has anybody heard about the problems with they are obviously having with their droppers? For me, bought a Pivot Shuttle in January and immediately dropper was sticking. I figured the dropper needed some time to break in but didn't. I demoed the same bike from the LBS prior and it had a sticky dropper too. So they were following up and to find out all the bikes they had had with Fox droppers were sticking. So, the resolution was to send all the droppers back, mine included. I assumed Fox would just replace with new dropper but no, they wanted them sent back to the repair center. long story short, that as a while ago and Fox is saying that there is a backorder on what the fix is. So............ ?

No personal experience but I’ve just read of lots of problems. Based on a recent thread here it seems the transfer is the most hated post in Sprockets, haha.

If I were you I’d buy a longer 1Up v.3, or even a v.2 then sell the transfer when you get it back.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I initially emailed them explaining that I was the second owner of a failed X2 and was hoping they would be able to help me out. They replied in the email saying they would commit to replacing it, and then had me fill out the online form and request the warranty option. I am not sure if the email was needed, but it was nice to know right up front what was going to happen.
    Just curious if you contacted east coast or west coast service. I emailed east coast service (since I'm in NY) explaining that I've had the squelching reoccur again after two full damper rebuilds (albeit with a a fair amount of time, but not a ton of riding between services) and they just said that seals degrade over time, that I'm overdue and I can send the shock in for another $200 service if I want. No commitment to upgrade to new internals, either at my cost or theirs. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Ahh man that’s a huge bummer! It was west coast service. Another friend of mine with the same year x2, second owner as well, just reached out last night hoping for a good result. Also to west coast, can let you know how it goes

QUOTE=radam;7043564]Just curious if you contacted east coast or west coast service. I emailed east coast service (since I'm in NY) explaining that I've had the squelching reoccur again after two full damper rebuilds (albeit with a a fair amount of time, but not a ton of riding between services) and they just said that seals degrade over time, that I'm overdue and I can send the shock in for another $200 service if I want. No commitment to upgrade to new internals, either at my cost or theirs. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.[/QUOTE]