Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Shit, I'll leave on a storm chase/3 day ski trip and ONLY wear ski clothes pretty much the whole time. If you are "too hot" in your ski clothes without a jacket on in the car you are simply wearing too much shit. Don't get me on a tangent about the massive amount of skiers who are chronically over-dressed and get hot/sweaty walking to the chair and then end up actually cold all day cause they are wet........so next time they go skiing they wear EVER MORE SHIT lol. Vicious cycle.

The best hack I found recently is to drive to the hill in Crocs. The ones with holes in them. Keeps the socks super dry. If I drive in my muck boots then your sock are already damp when you get there.
    I can never achieve equilibrium. I wear a thin base layer then my shell and end up drenched in sweat on a 25⁰ storm day but freezing at the top of the mountain. I cannot safely wear less clothing. I realized that half the reason I want to bail after 1 BC lap every time is I've sweat through my base, no hat, no jacket, my hair is a wet frozen mop, and the thought of being cold and sweaty for another hour is not appealing. Meanwhile my friend is skinning in a puffy complaining about cold fingers.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Well first of all, because we're exhibitionists. You like it, don't lie. And second, because driving for 2 hrs in Goretex is a recipe for swamp ass.

I quit worrying about what dumbshits do long ago as long as they are not directly endangering me.

ETA I regularly get dressed outside at put in or take out on river trips but this is in mild weather and i have taken to using changing robes.

Last weekend i got dressed in my drysuit at the house then drove to the surf wave about 20+ minutes away. Mine has susspenders built in so i can wear it like bibs or pants and not be full Michelin man until splash time.
    Last edited by SB; 02-22-2024 at 03:52 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Get dressed at home and 20 minutes later get dressed again

take it all off for the 20 minute drive home

instead I just wear the ski gear all weekend
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

get dressed in my bedroom and walk to the lift
    and other times I dress in my 70* sprinter van
    what was the problem?

So let me get this straight. I’ve got an hour drive to ski and it’s 10 degrees out. I’m to dress for skiing in 10 degree weather, taking into account I’m headed to Sugarbush and there’s a 90% chance I’ll be stuck on a lift at so point during the day so I’ll need an extra layer. Even with the AC on full blast I can’t keep the car at 10 degrees to not over heat. So my move is to drive the hour will all the windows down so that when I get to the parking lot I don’t offend someone by putting ski pants and jacket on over my base layers?

I’ll give it a shot Saturday, supposed to have windchills below zero. If you see a 4Runner headed south on I89 with windows down and sunroof open, ask for change. I’ll have my helmet and googles on as well, need to hit the ground running.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Feel free to change in the lot. That leaves more space for me to be civilized and boot up in the warm and dry lodge.
    This

only way to win this thread is to put a full ski outerwear kit at home before driving to the mountain and then get undressed in the parking lot to go skiing in the buff

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Maybe I don't want everyone in the office knowing that I'm sneaking out for mid day laps?
    This. But, I don't sneak out. I pretty much just announce it. Last thing I want to do is run into my like minded CEO on the chair. But it would probably be pretty funny now that I think about it.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    only way to win this thread is to put a full ski outerwear kit at home before driving to the mountain and then get undressed in the parking lot to go skiing in the buff
    or to save time, get undressed in the lift line. Or on the lift.

the real explanation is chicks don't like to wear clothes, so they wear just their long underwear, but then crank the heat in the car to stay warm, forcing their men to also change in the lot to avoid sweating in the car.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Maybe I don't want everyone in the office knowing that I'm sneaking out for mid day laps?
    I wear wool pendleton shirts and jeans to work 3/5 days during the fall/winter/spring. Great midlayer. Gives no hints to my colleagues as to what i did that morning, or am about to do that afternoon.

I only ever need to swap ski bibs for jeans in the parking lot when coming from, or going to work.

Is this all really that difficult? Change at the hill, or dont. Do what works for you... who the fuck cares.

Getting dressed in the parking lot

The only time I’m changing into ski clothes or vice versa in the lot is if coming from/going to work.

Or if I’m skiing an obscure mtn with a bunch of miscreants that I have to drive 3hrs to.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How do you feel about people who boot up in the parking lot? Is it okay to leave your boot bag in the cafeteria if you don't have a locker? Inquiring minds want to know. Is it okay to leave your skis on the snow if all the racks are full at lunch or should you wait until a spot opens up? These things matter.

I live 10 minutes from the ski hill, but I don't put my ski socks on until I'm booting up at the bottom. Ski socks are for skiing.

our local mountain had 50 cent lockers in the lodge basement, easy to change and store clothes
    the Silver Overlords put in new lockers that cost $8 per day ......
    more of those lot-changers since then

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Getting dressed in the parking lot

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How do you feel about people who boot up in the parking lot? Is it okay to leave your boot bag in the cafeteria if you don't have a locker? Inquiring minds want to know. Is it okay to leave your skis on the snow if all the racks are full at lunch or should you wait until a spot opens up? These things matter.
    Boots go on at the house. I mean c’mon if you haven’t driven to the hill in boots during a dump have you really lived?? No locker? You gotta wear your boot bag on your back all day. Full racks you say?? Real question is why aren’t you just snacking on the chair lift and lapping bell to bell??

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post

i'd drive in ski boots if i could.

I did that in my touring boots when I lived 15 min away from skiing in AK

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    Boots go on at the house..... You gotta wear your boot bag on your back all day ....
    why would you wear your boot bag on your back if you put your boots on at the house?

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Many years ago on a sunny spring day, while I was at the car grabbing something to eat and dropping a layer, two nubile 20-something ladies pulled up next to me. They threw out two car floormats and stood/sat on them while they stripped down to bras and thongs before donning their riding gear.

The experience was not unpleasant

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    why would you wear your boot bag on your back if you put your boots on at the house?

Very true, boot bag stays at home!

No time to get dressed at home, got to get in front of the rest of beaters heading up 70.

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    Boots go on at the house. I mean c’mon if you haven’t driven to the hill in boots during a dump have you really lived?? No locker? You gotta wear your boot bag on your back all day. Full racks you say?? Real question is why aren’t you just snacking on the chair lift and lapping bell to bell??

I've never driven with boots on but I'm sure I've driven behind someone doing it. Now driving with boots on does seem a good reason to get a Tesla with full self driving. Maybe the only good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Many years ago on a sunny spring day, while I was at the car grabbing something to eat and dropping a layer, two nubile 20-something ladies pulled up next to me. They threw out two car floormats and stood/sat on them while they stripped down to bras and thongs before donning their riding gear.
    Nubile? Srsly?

I've never driven with boots on but I'm sure I've driven behind someone doing it. Now driving with boots on does seem a good reason to get a Tesla with full self driving. Maybe the only good reason.
    And with every purchase of a musk mobile we get .00000001% closer to our net zero emissions goal!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Great. Now I'm hungry for nubiles.

Nubile? Srsly?
    You got a problem with hot young women removing their clothes in front of you?