Trip Report Casa Bonita

Posting a Trip Report for Casa Bonita

I did one for Denver eats but seeing as its hard to get in since the remodel and I had pictures I thought I would do a TR.

There were no Nazi midgets, bums with hatchets, stolen golf club rings or lawn darted Subaru's.

They spent $40 million and got pretty hosed by the looks of it. They have about 52,000 feet with 350 gallons of pink paint on the outside (yes there is a small museum in it now). There are still super long mazes of lines but they keep you outside in the cold beyond some metal detectors until its your reservation to get in.

You come in through the maze to 6 gates where you order from one of 7 adult items or 6 kid items. (but you can order from either as a kid or adult) My father in law ordered a kids burger meal which was huge but the burger was hours old.

I got the carnitas which were pretty good. My wife got some gluten free stuff. The kids didn't like the chicken fingers and said they were old but had like 3 pounds of fries so they didn't care.

We sat in some big room with three 12 person tables. The other 2 tables were never seated.

I ate 5 sopapillas.

I think the food really improved. Others I'm sure would fight me.

The puppet show exceeded my expectations.

Sorosoro the magician wasn't as good as the last guy I saw there. I really loved that guy.

Black Bart's cave was south parky but fine.

They had live music in multiple places.

I think they really tried hard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cartman.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	482179

Name:	sopa.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	482180

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	528.2 KB 
ID:	482182

Name:	flag.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	284.6 KB 
ID:	482181

nice.

still waiting for my number to get called.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

With them running at 30-60% capacity, it could be a while.

Probably cost six figures to rid the foundation and structure of eight legged guests.

Back in the 70s and 80s it was a must-stop for my family when driving from Minnesota to Snowmass for ski vacations. Do they still have the cliff diver?

There was 8 of us and I was the only one who had never been. Everyone agreed it felt cleaner than before but basically the same. Did the whole experience and had a good time. It was a toss up between the puppet show and magic show for my favorite part.

Check your promotions/junk mail that’s where the email went for my wife. She was wondering why there hadn’t been an email yet, did a search and the email that came up was from early October.

Buddy of mine got to dice there as part of some school auction event his kid had but they wouldn’t let him wear a Speedo.