Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Shitkickers

Western boot prices seem to be rocketing. I just looked at the Tony Lama site and there isn’t much available for less than $200, and it goes up - way up - from there.

I guess decent work boots are pretty out of control too. White’s Smokejumpers are over $600 now. I believe I paid ~$75 for my first pair in the mid 70s. I don’t know how fire crewmembers can afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    1. Dress up Western - lets say you gotta go before the County Commissioner's
    Three things. First, if you're really a hick, then you wear a western blazer:

Second, don't forget the bolo tie if there's a judge around.

(no pic needed)

Finally, the $300 silk scarf really completes the look.

Just don't be this toolbag and wear a regular worsted suitcoat with the western gear. What a fucking nancy:

Who can speak to the full Montana Dandy look that you'll be somewhere like The Town Pump around Great Falls?

American Flag Boots, jeans tucked in, Pit vipers, Cat flat brim, pearl snap with cutoff sleeves, loudest 2nd Gen flat bed you ever heard, toothpick, half gone faded glaze over...
    creased jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post

Just don't be this toolbag and wear a regular worsted suitcoat with the western gear. What a fucking nancy:

"I believe you'd get your ass kicked."
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Justin's are a bit tight on my forefoot. But there are some serious topics being unearthed here.

1. Dress up Western - lets say you gotta go before the County Commissioner's in say Grand, Gunnison or Jackson Counties, what are you gonna wear? Suit? Get fucked. Some sort of business casual getup with slacks, what about the shoes? If you just go clean jean, boots with the shit washed off, and a shirt (pearl snaps optional), you are good.

2. Cowboyin', Ranchin', Rodeoin'...they are all related but all different. Dress accordingly, footwear included.

3. Hats and belts...this is wear you get to add your own flair. Go crazy son!

1. We attend some western stuff, with friends who are ranchers and farmers and what not. I typically go clean jeans, button down and blazer with clean shit kickers.

2. We also attend a few rodeos a year and this is where the gold is at. The shit people wear is unbelievable and if you didn't know, the people watching at rodeos is better than Vegas or Friday night in Manhattan. You get a delicious combo of absolutely smoking hot cowgirls, offensively bedazzled grown men, tourists wearing shit straight off a movie set, and then real deal cowboys just looking to fight someone--often said tourists or bedazzled men. And everyone is drunk. I love rodeos.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    And everyone is drunk. I love rodeos.
    Man, you have to see the Ogden Rodeo someday: http://www.ogdenpioneerdays.com/prca-rodeo/

It's the best mix of Cowboys, bikers, Mexicans, Mormons and yuppies ever. Next level people watching.

And I can't do cowboy boots, both for feet reasons and it would look like I was cosplaying as a cowboy and nobody would buy that.

1. The shit people wear is unbelievable and if you didn't know, the people watching at rodeos is better than Vegas or Friday night in Manhattan. You get a delicious combo of absolutely smoking hot cowgirls, offensively bedazzled grown men, tourists wearing shit straight off a movie set, and then real deal cowboys just looking to fight someone--often said tourists or bedazzled men. And everyone is drunk. I love rodeos.
    I wont even try to explain the PBR at Madison Square Garden a few years back, it was like dropping a rodeo in midtown Manhattan.

Can't beat the feel of John Wayne toes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4052.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	476398
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Does anybody make shitkickers in a really narrow/low volume fit?

I could probably use a pair of burly, pull on/non lace boots to wear around the ranchette when it's snowy/muddy. Something that I can wash off with a hose. IDGAF if they're rubber muck boots or western style provided they fit very narrow feet, although the lumber yard is probably more likely to sell to me if I go western.

To be clear these will be paired with flatbrims/straw hats/elmer fudd hats (exclusively Flylow), hooded puffy jackets, Smith Wildcats, tractor driving with craft beer in the cupholder, and extremely loud punk rock. No actual shit will be kicked other than my dog's shit. Well, and maybe some cow shit on trailwork days.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Does anybody make shitkickers in a really narrow/low volume fit?

I could probably use a pair of burly, pull on/non lace boots to wear around the ranchette when it's snowy/muddy. Something that I can wash off with a hose. IDGAF if they're rubber muck boots or western style provided they fit very narrow feet, although the lumber yard is probably more likely to sell to me if I go western.

To be clear these will be paired with flatbrims/straw hats/elmer fudd hats (exclusively Flylow), hooded puffy jackets, Smith Wildcats, tractor driving with craft beer in the cupholder, and extremely loud punk rock. No actual shit will be kicked other than my dog's shit. Well, and maybe some cow shit on trailwork days.
    I mean, for that purpose, Xtratuffs are pretty narrow. Muck and LaCrosse are both wide.

I'm in the middle of a 3 day jury trial. I took the kitchen sponge on the rough side and cleaned off the mud from my blundstones with Vibram soles. I know for a fact that it didn't stand out one bit. I've done hundreds of days in court with work cowboy boots.

The boots don't make the $$$. And the $$$ don't make the boots.

Fact.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I mean, for that purpose, Xtratuffs are pretty narrow. Muck and LaCrosse are both wider.
    Fifu. I wish Muck and Lacrosse were truly wide. And wide where it matters for me, the toe box.

So does the collective side with zipfit or intuition liners for shitkickers?

You joke, but Superfeet Green in Muckboots is the way if you have to wear them for any amount of time.

I tried Tecovos via a pro code ...
    Not sure how this got missed in 3 pages but … cowboy boots have pro form? Does that mean this should be in … tech talk, jong?

I’m looking for something with a 120 flex that’s still light on the backswing - any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Can't beat the feel of John Wayne toes

Name:	IMG_4052.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	476398
    If the Duke were around today and wanted comfort he'd rock the same footwear I do.

Name:	Screenshot_20231116-103359_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	482.7 KB 
ID:	476435
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    If the Duke were around today and wanted comfort he'd rock the same footwear I do.

Name:	Screenshot_20231116-103359_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	482.7 KB 
ID:	476435
    Is that the ghost of joe Namath?

Nice legs. Close shave.

I feel like folks posing with their immaculately clean boots here are the same types of people who drive trucks with wheels like this to the Kroger. Neither the owner of the boots nor the truck has ever seen dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I’m looking for something with a 120 flex that’s still light on the backswing - any recommendations?
    aqua seal in a stiifer flex raichle tongue and add a booster strap

All your performance and fit issues with your shitkickers can be solved by Ariat Boa's which if you've even jumped outta your machine into boot sucking mud, makes perfect sense.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

You joke, but Superfeet Green in Muckboots is the way if you have to wear them for any amount of time.
    Or your favorite tried and true insole of the day. I run Sole® in everything except my Alpine boots which have custom molded foot beds.

Superfeet Merinos are pretty awesome too. Plus they are a bit more high volume and make my Lacrosse booth fit great

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Is that the ghost of joe Namath?

Nice legs. Close shave.

Easy, guy. Broadway Joe still kicking the shit himself. Hopefully in Crocs with socks. Maybe those are his legs.
    [quote][//quote]