Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I’m curious to try the 110s. Strongly disliked the 100s and I tend to be happy on most skis so I was kinda thrown off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They definitely ski a good bit different. That said, I like the 100s and didn’t find anything that really stands out…they just feel like a normal ski to me that likes a lot of tip drive. If you are used to a centered stance, probably won’t enjoy them as much. They seem similar to the Solomon QST or whatever those are called. I wouldn’t mind skiing the blanks to compare.

I was out for a couple hours today at Snowmass. The fresh now turned rather creamy…good base building. Lower portion of the mountain is gonna be icy until we get another coating.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

THE Aspen/Snowmass / Greater Roaring Fork Valley 23-24 Thread

I skied the Enforcer 104 out of the rapper last year and didn’t really like them. This fall I had Richie at Hamilton’s put a tune on them and I love them.

Skied Snowmass till 11:00 and then headed to the airport at noon for a 2:00 flight to the ATL/Bahamas.

2.5 hours to get thru TSA. Total clusterfuck, Aspen PD had to deploy riot gear.

Even all my friends at the airport couldn’t help, but they did get us a nice standby exit row and free drinks to ATL.

TSA and that terminal are not set up for that….

Aspen was $$$ this am. Everything is skiing well

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Just came out from three days at Sangree’s Hut with 7th graders. Good snow and good vibes!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705707856.383916.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	483678

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Just came out from three days at Sangree’s Hut with 7th graders. Good snow and good vibes!

Name:	Image1705707856.383916.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	483678
    Awesome…bet that was a killer trip filled with memories.

I will be stuck at Snowmass this weekend with the kids split between Highlands and Snowmass. I guess the PreDevo kids want to hit some jumps.

Would rather they be at Ajax, but such is life.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I skied the Enforcer 104 out of the rapper last year and didn’t really like them. This fall I had Richie at Hamilton’s put a tune on them and I love them.

Skied Snowmass till 11:00 and then headed to the airport at noon for a 2:00 flight to the ATL/Bahamas.

2.5 hours to get thru TSA. Total clusterfuck, Aspen PD had to deploy riot gear.

Even all my friends at the airport couldn’t help, but they did get us a nice standby exit row and free drinks to ATL.
    Holy shit how does that happen? Even at max capacity that airport can’t ship off that many people at once…

Bowl is still excellent. Got into ozone for the first time this season and it was deep and soft
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I was forced to leave my natural habitat at Highlands and venture past the roundabout to attend an event at the flagship mountain. Conditions were great.
    At the gate to enter the gondola there was a fancy woman who looked just like she belonged to the Aspen Mountain Club, but the liftie was having to explain to her that her ski pass was from Vail, and that she was in Aspen and her pass wasn't valid here.
    The whole conversation was quite comical because the notion that she wasn't eligible somehow seemed so foreign to her.
    I'm sure the price of a daily ticket here was far less consequential than the indignity of being turned away and having to go back down the stairs to have to buy a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    I was forced to leave my natural habitat at Highlands and venture past the roundabout to attend an event at the flagship mountain. Conditions were great.
    At the gate to enter the gondola there was a fancy woman who looked just like she belonged to the Aspen Mountain Club, but the liftie was having to explain to her that her ski pass was from Vail, and that she was in Aspen and her pass wasn't valid here.
    The whole conversation was quite comical because the notion that she wasn't eligible somehow seemed so foreign to her.
    I'm sure the price of a daily ticket here was far less consequential than the indignity of being turned away and having to go back down the stairs to have to buy a ticket.
    That is a beautiful moment that should be cherished. Very few people get to experience that display.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post

Bowl is still excellent. Got into ozone for the first time this season and it was deep and soft
    I dropped into Steep n Deep yesterday afternoon and was hoping for soft leftovers but it was relatively consolidated from the Saturday+Sunday warm up. The skiing wasn't bad but I was getting bucked around and skiing on top of the 12" instead of in it. G2 was a bit better.

I’ll be out at lunch on Aspen today if anyone is around.

Some refrozen has entered the conversation and you actually have to mind aspect a little.

I hope the 3” predicted turns to 6 and that next cycle gets here the end of next week as is modeled right now.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Double post…
    Last edited by grskier; 01-25-2024 at 11:09 PM.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

I’ve been really enjoying getting to know the expansion better than the handful of times I skied it in the before times.

You do have to mind aspect at times over there…

Name:	DSC07225.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	484377

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Please snow

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Yeah, the chalk down Ozone was pretty great and groomers are fun, but I'm not feeling the 45F in January.

We'll get into the 50's tomorrow according to NOAA. I did a Tiehack skin at noon today, felt like I was on the surface of the sun.

Yes…we REALLY need this storm to pan out.

My 6yo on her first boot pack Sunday:

Name:	Image1706588746.215075.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	484886

I love spring skiing!
    But I prefer it in the Spring, not January.
    Last season we didn’t have a spring day till March 5th and had very little smoke this summer. I might have checked the AQI twice.
    This season is very similar to 2017-18 season, which ended right before the Lake Christine fire.
    I checked the AQI everyday, before my bike ride, that summer.

But the skiing is still holding up and I’m skiing Ajax with Hanle tomorrow, if anyone wants to take a few runs?

Ajax was pretty fun today. Corkscrew and Slalom had just the right amount of soft and chalk.

Coming in real wet up here now

Heavyish but not so bad early on. I got first tracks down Super 8 and early lines on Corkscrew and Slalom. Zaugg was plenty deep, no complaints. Heard the Bowl was good too. Winter is back!

Rode 1A for, I think, the first time ever today. 1A lift line is one of the better shots on Aspen Mtn, IMHO. Just a little more snow and it will really be firing here.

edit: and by "firing" I mean legit 100% open.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Rode 1A for, I think, the first time ever today.

edit: and by "firing" I mean legit 100% open.
    OMG:

We need to help educate, the newb.
    Lift 1 was the best lift in the world, when installed in 1947. It was the reason we held the 1950 World Championships.
    It was replaced and shortened in 1974 with 1A. But it’s still where experts go for a quick fix.
    Bell Chair overshadowed 1A for many years, because it’s probably the best chair in North America and it doesn’t even run anymore.

We probably need some more snow, until all the gated terrain, Trenors, SQR, Bonnie Bell open and we’re 100%.

Monday will probably be really good on 1A. I’m a little beat up, but I’d love to really introduce you to 1A?

1A was money today and is an incredible lift for terrain. I got off the bus at the gondola just before 9 and the line was wrapped to CP Burger. I hoofed it to 1A and had two great laps. Slalom gully always delivers. Corkscrew, Lift Line, Super 8, Norway, even the upper
    Chairline are all incredible. I don’t ski Corkscrew Gully or Silver Rush much but they can be very fun.

This storm was just what we needed.
    Wet and heavy, followed by light fluff. But there’s nowhere near 10” of new at Snowmass this morning.

Not sure I can deal with the VX this morning. I’ll probably park at Campground and give everyone a 1/2 hour head start.

They just edited the report from 14” and 10” at Aspen/Snowmass to 7&5.”

Ajax was phenomenal yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Ajax was phenomenal yesterday
    My wife got out early and was raving; first tracks into Zaugg and some other good lines. She skied a few hours then came and met me and the boys at Tiehack. Great day and it sound like the snow really reset Saturday night.