Size:	791.8 KB 
ID:	475492

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	686.6 KB 
ID:	475493

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Been a while since STE put out anything of this stoke level. STE what you got?
    I don't know, had to break that vid into little segments to watch as I kept losing interest. Easy to see they are more into park and random filler than pow.

Last weeks Ski the East entry takes me back to the four days of March that made the season....

ps Woman who rip is a bonus
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^ damn that's good!

Name:	IMG_6253.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	580.9 KB 
ID:	475501

a little treewell stoke from the storm that saved the season.
    Last edited by buckethead; 11-09-2023 at 10:09 AM.

Grass is fully covered in BTV this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Grass is fully covered in BTV this morning.
    2"-3" on the ground in mtl and still coming down. a lovely sight.
    27° 18°

wintry mix was just rain here...good thing as i'm still rocking summer tires.
    swap to winters scheduled.

Some more stoke from last year. Lane Meyer and i scored first tracks (other than Patrol) on the first day they opened the west side of Magic

Name:	Image1699553582.281742.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	658.5 KB 
ID:	475530

Insiders tip: we’ve had a powder day on MLK weekend for at least the last 5 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ nice

-
    a little pre-patrol conditions evaluation with scottski on the yet-unopened north side. scored fresh tracks t2b one trail further north for day's final run. made me giddy

Name:	IMG_3419.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	475552
    4:25pmClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3755.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	475554
    Last edited by buckethead; 11-09-2023 at 03:07 PM.

^ sure wish Plattekill was a little closer. It seemed far from Saratoga Springs. Such a cool spot.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    wintry mix was just rain here...good thing as i'm still rocking summer tires.
    swap to winters scheduled.
    I got my new set of winters mounted on the appropriate rims a few weeks ago but wasn't ready to pull the trigger on putting them on the truck. Driving around in a slushy mix today with MT tires has me kinda wishing I'd gone ahead and put them on the truck, but now I want to wait until the driveway dries out at least a fair bit (or freezes solid).

I'm expecting my procrastinating to encourage more frozen weather. Y'all are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^ sure wish Plattekill was a little closer. It seemed far from Saratoga Springs. Such a cool spot.
    that it is. i've had so many of my very best powdays there...to the south!
    i'm fortunate to be able to make it in 1hr20 on dry roads...especially as mrg and smuggs feel so far to me these days. i do expect to get more days at magic this year (also an easy trek) glad to hear about the progress on black.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I got my new set of winters mounted on the appropriate rims a few weeks ago but wasn't ready to pull the trigger on putting them on the truck. Driving around in a slushy mix today with MT tires has me kinda wishing I'd gone ahead and put them on the truck, but now I want to wait until the driveway dries out at least a fair bit (or freezes solid).

I'm expecting my procrastinating to encourage more frozen weather. Y'all are welcome.
    i'm in that procrastination boat too, as much yet to-be-forecast precip could emerge in the week til my appt. will get them on sooner if i must though!

that said it was in the 80s just two weeks ago. so procrastination was quite logical
    Last edited by buckethead; 11-09-2023 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Been a while since STE put out anything of this stoke level. Nice job boys. STE what you got?

That they left some gaffes in there makes them seem more..human. Strong work STE!

That was rad!

^Thought the UVM flick was pretty good, and I'm pretty critical of ski films. Sure there was some b-roll and park in there but it wasn't over the top or obnoxious to me. I remember being majorly bummed when I was at UVM how the ski club transitioned from the early-mid 2000s of free skiing/big mtn focus to it being run by a bunch of park rats. That sucked, the trips sucked, and there were only like 2 good skiers in the bunch who ran it. Glad to see it getting back to where it should be. Get them to some big mountains, I'm sure an edit from a trip out west would be sweet.

Going to be home in NJ for about 2 weeks around xmas. Still don't know if we're doing the whole groomsmen/bridesmaids thing for our wedding but two of my best buds who would be in the running and are now a bit estranged still live close to the town we grew up in. Thinking what better way to get them together than a ski day...

Would love to get up to VT, my brother lives in Williston, but don't think we'll be able to get that far north. What does the collective think is the best bang for your buck in the vicinity of north Jersey? Never skied at any of the NY hills between there and Albany, but know some folks here are regulars around there. The Belleayre trail map looks decent. Should Hunter be out? I've heard tales about the shit show and don't know if I'd want to be subjected to it. Windham seems to have changed, not for the better? I suppose Mtn Creek is also in the runnings.

Given that the weather around Xmas is always iffy…

Name:  Image1699732443.792683.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  16.5 KB

Hunter will probably be a shitshow and they haven’t been making snow like they used to. Windham apparently won’t sell a single day weekend ticket anymore- 2day ticket minimum according to what I’ve read. So. In order of preference- given ideal conditions:
    Plattekill
    Catamount
    Belleayre
    Given that it’s so early in the season though, unless it snows hard by then, you should probably invert that list. Bell has put my/our tax dollars to good use on snowmaking. They will likely have the most open at that time.

^^ brownski is correct but my bet's on an early dump and good conditions at platty...before the likely early jan thaw and starting over.

last year the mountain opened on sunday dec 18 to an excellent pow day (see pics above).

(full dislosure; i've got a friend playing guitar in the bar the 23rd so i'm counting on being there)
    Last edited by buckethead; 11-11-2023 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Going to be home in NJ for about 2 weeks around xmas. Still don't know if we're doing the whole groomsmen/bridesmaids thing for our wedding but two of my best buds who would be in the running and are now a bit estranged still live close to the town we grew up in. Thinking what better way to get them together than a ski day...

Would love to get up to VT, my brother lives in Williston, but don't think we'll be able to get that far north. What does the collective think is the best bang for your buck in the vicinity of north Jersey? Never skied at any of the NY hills between there and Albany, but know some folks here are regulars around there. The Belleayre trail map looks decent. Should Hunter be out? I've heard tales about the shit show and don't know if I'd want to be subjected to it. Windham seems to have changed, not for the better? I suppose Mtn Creek is also in the runnings.
    I'll be in the upstate af zone starting 12/20 or so. Platty for sure if snow. Catamount was bought by b-east family. Great ppl, real skiers, real family owned operation. Magic? If snow.

Mtn creek is always in the running. Turns are turns!

East Coast Roll Call 23/24_The Guns Are Blowing

Edit: quoted the wrong post…

^Thought the UVM flick was pretty good, and I'm pretty critical of ski films. Sure there was some b-roll and park in there but it wasn't over the top or obnoxious to me. I remember being majorly bummed when I was at UVM how the ski club transitioned from the early-mid 2000s of free skiing/big mtn focus to it being run by a bunch of park rats. That sucked, the trips sucked, and there were only like 2 good skiers in the bunch who ran it. Glad to see it getting back to where it should be. Get them to some big mountains, I'm sure an edit from a trip out west would be sweet.
    Maybe you’re right, but a few of us turned out alright after surviving those UVM days…

If you have to make the call ahead of time in the early season Catskills, I would go Belle. The skiing is not as fun as Plattekill but there will likely be more terrain open.

Jiminy Peak w/night skiing? Got to be an hour closer than anything in VT as its pretty much a local hill for the Albany area.

Good mountain as long as you aren't chasing powder since they groom every inch of it.

More of this for 23/24! Stoke is high! Bring it!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    The Passion is in the Risk