Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2315
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    For both wind and avy danger Northstar is your best bet for sure. It’s also great for storm day skiing.
    Agreed. KW Monday afternoon or Tuesday. Northstart today. I doubt KW get much penned today.

As Mashed said, KW was great yesterday. Even if we parked after 10AM. We were about 15 minutes behind Mashed and a rig pulled a route 80 and spilled over and rocked eastbound at Dew Drop. About an hour of waiting we started to move but were caravanned the next 35 miles at 25 MPH. Never have I ever sowed up to KW so late on a powder day. Still weaved around and found a paroling spot directly across the stairs and ramp up to Timber Creek. Score. We missed the backside opening, and all the opening, but still had great snow all day. Especially enjoyed late in the day, skiing any line you wanted because the snow quality was so good.

Made it a day trip. Hung out with friends until 4:50 and hit the road. No real pain train down the hill. About an hour 15 minutes to Jackson.

Last night down n the coast was super windy and pretty damn hey rain. Brace for it.

I think I'm going to wait out the AM rush and try for Alpine. We'll see how that pans out. Nuking now, but wind is light over here. Supposed to pick up this afternoon.

Tomorrow is looking good if the forecast holds. Winds die down in the AM, maybe.

Alterra/Palisades cancelled contract for putting up the line dividers? I was wondering why they haven't put them up all season long. Ridiculous they thought that would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
    No Sherwood Shuttle and Palisades Tahoe / Alterra has cancelled the contract they had for the 3rd lane on OV Road this winter.

The paid parking cash grab is real if they are taking the money and doing very little to mitigate the impact.

Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    20 something second report from Palisades today:

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Alterra/Palisades cancelled contract for putting up the line dividers? I was wondering why they haven't put them up all season long. Ridiculous they thought that would be ok.
    They are clearly in don’t give a fuck mode at this point. Honestly ops were pretty good the last few years for the most part and now it’s a shit show. Not sure what changed but the shift is undeniable.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Nice run! no snow and broken rib up here...

BA is gonna need to upgrade his downgrade for lake level anyway. It would have to stop completely within the next couple/3 hours for us to get under 2' here in Tahoma. It's not supposed to slow until mid afternoon and then be showery all night
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

The drive up Friday night, as mcski alluded to, was brutal. I thought I'd beat it by leaving earlier in the afternoon from the Bay Area but just missed 80 closing by about 20 cars. My son and I waited it out and finally arrived around midnight. Up early for ski race training that ended up being cancelled so we had a surprise pow day in the morning at OV. The storm that was meant to be 6" delivered 15" and it was soooo damn fun. And as folks said, it wasn't crowded for a bluebird powder day. I think a lot of folks bailed on the weekend altogether or bailed when 80 closed. KT was so good first two runs and then they opened some of our favorite hiking. 1 minute of the fun below:

Tahoe '23/'24 - Reserve Now For Best Pricing!!!

Winds gusting at 30 mph on the crest but base 2 base closed “because of weather”. Way to spend $$$ on a gondola you don’t wanna run. But hey, they’re the biggest ski area in CA now…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

nice line soul skier!

Afternoon is closing in...Name:  Screenshot_20240204-124010_Chrome.jpeg
Views: 601
Size:  40.1 KB

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Tahoe '23/'24 - Reserve Now For Best Pricing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    The drive up Friday night, as mcski alluded to, was brutal.

What time did 80 actually shut down on you ?

Nice edit!
    Last edited by mcski; 02-04-2024 at 04:58 PM.

Now up to like 8" in the valley. Zero to hero!
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

KW closed now

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Palisades and Alpine Meadows both closed now too. Snow was wet and clingy today. But this is the base builder that is still needed.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Palisades threw in the towel as well. Wind is kicking up in the valley now, gusting hard. It's going to get fierce up there

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

7:06pm

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What time did 80 actually shut down on you ?

I’ll take the base builder that will hopefully extend the season. I jinxed myself the other day saying I’m finally gonna be back off the shelf. Random household injury (laceration) and so now I still have a grand total of two ski days this season. Later this week should be damn fun too… ugh.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Damn. Heal fast!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I’ll take the base builder that will hopefully extend the season. I jinxed myself the other day saying I’m finally gonna be back off the shelf. Random household injury (laceration) and so now I still have a grand total of two ski days this season. Later this week should be damn fun too… ugh.

Ha it got crazy windy right after my complain about base 2 base being closed despite no wind, so I’ll give ‘em that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Almost turning to rain, above freezing temps in south lake, if you haven’t done snow removal yet you better get on it, turning into mashed potatoes

Everyone loved BA, then BA thought he should be paid for his efforts, now everyone hates BA.
    live the life.

I was happy to get a morning of fun turns, free refills, and minimal crowds on KT, no complaints at all with how the day turned out. Next few mornings will be interesting, excited to see what the upper mountain looks like when it finally goes.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by maskinut View Post
    Everyone loved BA, then BA thought he should be paid for his efforts, now everyone hates BA.
    Most skiers are dirtbags at heart and just want free shit.