Size:	464.9 KB 
ID:	492072

^^^nice

love your pics

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^^nice

love your pics
    Thank you!

Clouds rolled in so it was pretty flat light/grey — not much contrast.

The sun popped about an hour after I returned home. Oh well!

I actually like stormy days, flat light / difficult lighting. Makes me work for it to get good images.

Any thoughts on how JHMR will ski this weekend? I'd normally just go for a walk but my touring boots are currently killing me. Anyone going Saturday or Sunday? I'd love to poke around with someone if I can make it happen.

^^^I'm an out of towner, but planning JHMR for Sunday and Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Any thoughts on how JHMR will ski this weekend? I'd normally just go for a walk but my touring boots are currently killing me. Anyone going Saturday or Sunday? I'd love to poke around with someone if I can make it happen.
    On 3/23 it was a coral reef, like blue ice on groomers until it corned up after noon and was pretty fun. Then refroze over night.
    On 3/24 they got a few inches on top of that, was skiable, but certainly wouldn't drive from Ogden for those conditions.

Whatever happens this week should answer your question

Winter snow and winter temps at Targhee today. And nobody. Another storm starts tonight maybe

Skied JHMR today with a grumble of maggots… 3 inches on top of a moderate crust from the warm temps. North aspects were skiing better, as expected.

Many thanks to Djongo for a night at the waxroom and breakfast out on the town. Always nice to ski with east or bust and I met steved.

Off to Colorado…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1413.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	793.7 KB 
ID:	492194

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Skied JHMR today with a grumble of maggots… 3 inches on top of a moderate crust from the warm temps. North aspects were skiing better, as expected.

Many thanks to Djongo for a night at the waxroom and breakfast out on the town. Always nice to ski with east or bust and I met steved.

Off to Colorado…
    I guess I never realized that a group of Mags is called a Grumble … but now that I hear it it’s obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Winter snow and winter temps at Targhee today. And nobody. Another storm starts tonight maybe
    Today and yesterday were nothing short of Le Tits. Yesterday was filled with powder turns all day everywhere. Today was a ghost town with plenty of untracked in 'certain' places and amazing groomers with an inch of fluff as icing on the cake.

Bring on tomorrow and Friday!

Today:

I'm no UAN... But fkna!

Name:	709F939A-6700-48BC-8BFF-E81C4566F9C8.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	492199

Deep and getting deeper.

Name:	7F5A5929.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	492211

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I guess I never realized that a group of Mags is called a Grumble … but now that I hear it it’s obvious.
    According to today's declaration, 4 mags on a chairlift qualify as a grumble.

Have fun in CO, singlecross!

It was excellent to get some more party time in with Singlecross and to make some turns today.
    I've been holding off to rehab so it was a tentative start. Conditions were smooth on piste with a little fresh and some storminess abrewing.
    Off piste was mostly kinda chalky and carvy, more forgiving than you'd expect but north sides were delivering. Frozen mank was gnarly and quickly diverted from.
    Prior weather reports should be ignored. The village is skiing fine and It'll be quiet on Sunday methinks. Ghee could be softer and quieter if that's yer thang.

Tons of sweet corny sugar today all around the hill. Great turns to be made for miles at a time. Single went the distance, wasn't even breathing hard.
    Thanks to EoB and Stevied for tagging in and sending our mag off to the nether regions; CO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A grumble of maggots can be defined as any chair full of mags. No interlopers, except our own, are allowed.
    2-4 chair grumbles are the norm, 6 and 8 grumbles are rarer with the added exclusivity of the bubbles, some yellow, some blue.
    A heated 8 seated blue bubbler may be the cat's meow.
    Ganjalas are less rare than the 6&8 chairs. Plenty of them to be had, but it may be the best venue for a grumble of excited pow fiending mags to be hooting on a first run on a pow day.
    Unobtanium is a full Jackson First tram with 100 mags aboard on 16" pow morning with a hazy sunrise...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Unobtanium is a full Jackson First tram with 100 mags aboard on 16" pow morning with a hazy sunrise...
    Tell me more and sign me up

This is why I keep playing Mega Jillions here with other Mags… to re-define unobtanium. Dare to dream!

glad to seee DJ posting some ski turns again

good turns are the best medicine !

^^^^^

Thanks M., appreciate the vibes.

Things are alright up here, just feeling my wrecks more than usual. Might be 3 off seasons of trying to get healthier. It's starting to impinge on my ski program.

Keep charging that wasatch pow. We see youse guys...

I'm in for the unobtanium obtanium

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    ^^^I'm an out of towner, but planning JHMR for Sunday and Monday.
    I’ll hit you up if I decide to make it over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    On 3/24 they got a few inches on top of that, was skiable, but certainly wouldn't drive from Ogden for those conditions.
    For sure, But I’ll be up there anyway and have no idea when I’ll have a chance at half price tickets again.

Good to read you're getting after it!

This wasn't too far away:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1823.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	492289  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wow. Deep out there today!

Name:	041A8431.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	492302

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    We’ll be out on Sunday if you decide to go that day.
    I usually avoid Saturdays but if you decide to do that it should be mellower than usual since there’s no more Saturday kids ski programs and town is quiet with everyone out of town for school spring break.
    skid luxury

We had a private tram for our wedding and it was 5 grand, which was less than I thought it would be
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    We’ll be out on Sunday if you decide to go that day.
    I usually avoid Saturdays but if you decide to do that it should be mellower than usual since there’s no more Saturday kids ski programs and town is quiet with everyone out of town for school spring break.
    Right on, it'd be good to at least get pointed in the right direction for the days conditions. What's the standard meet up time and place again? I'm likely going to play it by ear right up till the last minute.