Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    had a fun Thursday skiing Thunder and Sub trees, Pepe's etc, Hobacks were nice up top, shit down low. Pleasantly surprised considering the warm temps.
    Touring mellow terrain today, but hoping to meet up for laps with y'all over the weekend. Djongo, I'll text you tomorrow to see if you'll be out!

Trollers were roping in last week. Haven't looked closely but I didn't notice them do any work to the entrance. They don't by choice, make alterations to it. Occasionally it needs some safety shaping I guess, but rarely.
    Oddly, they used to blast off any unnatural cornices into it. Now any cornice is scraped off first.

The ramp is unquestionably a snowboard creation originally. Skiers use it just as much anymore cuz few alternate options.

Yer right RA, the entry is ok but the first rock that usually is long gone, still is showing. Like 20' below the first turn.

Back in '90, I saw a schooler poach it as first box went up. He dropped and took a slider into the bottom big ass rock and broke his femur. Got fired too as workers were never allowed to ski double blacks first while in uniform.
    Tuff day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which evening works bettter for a shindig? Sat/Sun 6ish?

I'm around, likely turning all weekend.

Cooler temps with a skiff overnight. Should be fun early.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Trollers were roping in last week. Haven't looked closely but I didn't notice them do any work to the entrance. They don't by choice, make alterations to it. Occasionally it needs some safety shaping I guess, but rarely.
    Oddly, they used to blast off any unnatural cornices into it. Now any cornice is scraped off first.

The ramp is unquestionably a snowboard creation originally. Skiers use it just as much anymore cuz few alternate options.

Yer right RA, the entry is ok but the first rock that usually is long gone, still is showing. Like 20' below the first turn.

Back in '90, I saw a schooler poach it as first box went up. He dropped and took a slider into the bottom big ass rock and broke his femur. Got fired too as workers were never allowed to ski double blacks first while in uniform.
    Tuff day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which evening works bettter for a shindig? Sat/Sun 6ish?

I'm around, likely turning all weekend.

Cooler temps with a skiff overnight. Should be fun early.
    Yeah, if it gets icy those rocks in there are sketchy, sketchy even with good snow. I'm too damn old and scared to risk getting bounced off rocks like that.

Which one is the "Indicator Rock"? I never really knew which one when referenced.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

My indicator rock is the big one near the top of the left hand trees on Thunder

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by caderader View Post
    With Skiing-In-Jackson sadly gone, who do people recommend for bootfitting in the area? Anyone have any experience with Peaked Sports in Driggs? I'm considering some new boots this year but will be based out of Targhee so may not make sense for this trip.
    If you want to head over the Pass, Matt Sheets at TVS is outstanding. He’s been at it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    If you want to head over the Pass, Matt Sheets at TVS is outstanding. He’s been at it for a long time.
    He's been my guy since 1997. He was at it for a few years before that!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Tom Deltz at
    Jackson hole sports in the village is solid also

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Tom Deltz at

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    x2

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Another vote for Matt. Only 15 years for me but he gets problems sorted out fast. I keep thinking I should probably get another pair of boots (on my 2nd pair of Freedoms with prolly 300+days) but they are just the best single quiver boot ever and he got them fully dialed for me

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    Another vote for Matt. Only 15 years for me but he gets problems sorted out fast. I keep thinking I should probably get another pair of boots (on my 2nd pair of Freedoms with prolly 300+days) but they are just the best single quiver boot ever and he got them fully dialed for me
    We went to Lollapalooza 1991 together. Checkmate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skiing was quite good today I thought.

I'll be out early on the speed skis and will prolly switch after a coupla hours or as the show begins.

Schwerty, I'll be looking for ya, Text me if ya bring those sticks and turning.
    EoB and Koko, Wide Open rollers are set to launch yas, mind the cattracks. They were sweet today.

Otherwise, we should try and do an 11 Casper meetup and take some laps. Slower ones.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Casey Collins at Habitat does good work. He worked at skinny skis for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Bootsie is there bootfitting on wkds I believe. Give Peaked a holler to make an appt with him. Otherwise my #2 option is Casey or Jay at Habitat
    Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Ya Bootsie is excellent but so are the lady bootfitters at Peaked: Amanda and Tricia.
    Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Tom Deltz at
    We went to Lollapalooza 1991 together. Checkmate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thanks all! Sounds like I'll be in good hands just about anywhere I go! Since we're staying at the Targhee base I'll probably look at Habitat or Peaked. Does the Habitat shop at Targhee base do bootfitting or is that primarily at the Driggs location?

Looking forward to being out there in about 2 weeks.

Good turning with the crew this am with the EastorBusts, Kokomas and a coupla loc friends.
    Vivian was cuuuuuuuude.

We totally spaced the 11 meet up. Sorry anyone. Tells ya much about us.

Maybe catch up with N1CK tomorrow...

L82thegate midweek.

Who else visiting the village soon?

BB & SJ turning tomorrow?

Got in front of the jr. racers today... U14/16/18 for a 3 SG.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Race.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	434.9 KB 
ID:	484589

Sorry DJ ! I was out there with my kids today but didn’t drive up so couldn’t bring the sticks. I’m planning on being in the Park tomorrow but if something changes I’ll throw em in my car and head to the village! They are waiting for you. We will hook up soon.

Hey all, so will arrive in JH in a bit over a week (February 5th evening) and hope the snow arrives with me....
    It will be nice to be back your way and hope to ski or tour with some of you guys and obviously to some wax room parties. I am on the Monday to Friday pass again.
    Snow or no snow (ok I do prefer the first) it will be nice to be in the Tetons again. Can somebody tell me if/where it would be possible to get a cartridge for an Ortovox AVA Bag? I am not allowed to fly with the cartridge. Last season I just left the pack at home, but with the snowpack being so sketchy it may not be a bad idea to bring it.

After a little bit of lift tag, I got to ski with N1CK and his lady friend.
    When she poached my line 2 turns in, then hammered down a set of carvy but too tall bumps, I sensed trouble.
    Luckily Nick skis like normal and confirmed my fears.

She was testing new demo skis and wanted to go offpiste.
    So we connected short shots mid and upper mtn. and found a fair amount of light crud and a few soft turns.
    Nice to meet and ski witchu two. That was really fun and I'd be stoked to ski yas again.

snowed and fog misted all day to make a slight tack but slippery surface. Snow is skiing good in my opinione.

No sweat Schwerty. I'm interested but not hurting for skis nor sold on them. Would just like to inspect and maybe like enough to buy. If you have a hard offer, take it.

Great times yday DJ, EoB et al. Schwerty, if those heritage labs happened to be the FL 105 model in 192 I'm interested!

Nice running into you today EoB.

After a little bit of lift tag, I got to ski with N1CK and his lady friend.
    When she poached my line 2 turns in, then hammered down a set of carvy but too tall bumps, I sensed trouble.
    Luckily Nick skis like normal and confirmed my fears.

She was testing new demo skis and wanted to go offpiste.
    So we connected short shots mid and upper mtn. and found a fair amount of light crud and a few soft turns.
    Nice to meet and ski witchu two. That was really fun and I'd be stoked to ski yas again.
    I have not ridden bikes with R yet, but my spidey sense tells me I should bring my ebike for the climbs.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Djongo made our day. Super sneaker lines thru the trees, places I’d probably not find/go on my own. Thanks so much man. We both had a blast skiing with you. Great times.

23/24 WYDAHO * " Le Tits now " * JH, GT, SK, KC, PC...

Today was definitely a skigee kinda day.

Name:	Image1706507958.894567.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	484786

Kept things short in the afternoon. Good day to bumble around and check out some zones for the first time this season - namely Pepi’s and Hobacks. Agreed that the snow is still skiing pretty well.

Saturday was just an awesome day all around, probably the highlight of my season so far. Thanks DJ and koko.

Name:	Image1706507907.381234.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	484785

Sorry if this was any of you, I was chuckling to hard to stop.. It happened while debooting but didn’t see it real time. He was certainly giving it hell trying to self extricate. Probably learned mud tires don’t work well on snow/ice.

Name:	Image1706507971.848588.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	821.4 KB 
ID:	484787

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post

Great times yday DJ, EoB et al. Schwerty, if those heritage labs happened to be the FL 105 model in 192 I'm interested!

I always have fun skiing with you and EoB. Very sympatico.
    If it's the FL105/192cm, I too will be interested but you've got dibs over me.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post

Djongo made our day. Super sneaker lines thru the trees, places I’d probably not find/go on my own. Thanks so much man. We both had a blast skiing with you. Great times.
    So glad we connected. It was touch and go as we played tag. Wasn't sure we were gonna find each other.
    Gal skis up and says' are you N1ck's friend? ' Yup!
    Would love to show youse guys a pow day sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Today was definitely a skigee kinda day.

Name:	Image1706507958.894567.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	484786

Kept things short in the afternoon. Good day to bumble around and check out some zones for the first time this season - namely Pepi’s and Hobacks. Agreed that the snow is still skiing pretty well.

Saturday was just an awesome day all around, probably the highlight of my season so far. Thanks DJ and koko.

Name:	Image1706507907.381234.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	484785
    Sonofbeetch - those look like my gloves! I'm going to get a fresh pair now. My new ones have worked well but they ain't no elkskin. I was sad when I saw that I had not moved the skigee and sponge to the different pants I wore.

Oddly, some peeps were having a hella time keeping lenses clear, yet others were not at all. I lucked out.

It's always fun to rip around the vill with friends. Don't need a destination or an event or big challenge. Just turnin, burnin, riding and laughing.

Also, thanks to Kokomas for trying to save my fall. My 4 second tap dance on the ganjala deck was my only thumper of the day. Glad I didn't crack Koko or anyone with the skis en route to the deck.

^^^Sharpen your boots!

The more you ski, the less risky the skiing becomes. It seems parking lots, decks, driveways and the such take down more of my friends that anything else. If your boots ain't in your bindings, heads the fuck up!

Quote Originally Posted by skiinggirl View Post
    Hey all, so will arrive in JH in a bit over a week (February 5th evening) and hope the snow arrives with me....
    It will be nice to be back your way and hope to ski or tour with some of you guys and obviously to some wax room parties. I am on the Monday to Friday pass again.
    Snow or no snow (ok I do prefer the first) it will be nice to be in the Tetons again. Can somebody tell me if/where it would be possible to get a cartridge for an Ortovox AVA Bag? I am not allowed to fly with the cartridge. Last season I just left the pack at home, but with the snowpack being so sketchy it may not be a bad idea to bring it.
    Welcome back! I actually have a cartridge for an Ortovox AVABAG that you could borrow for the month. It would just need to be checked/filled up at Headwall Sports in Jackson. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartin348 View Post
    Welcome back! I actually have a cartridge for an Ortovox AVABAG that you could borrow for the month. It would just need to be checked/filled up at Headwall Sports in Jackson. Let me know.

Are you over on this side soon?

I live across the street from her place and could get it to her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People busting out into the BC today. No Shadows got tagged by half a dozen before noon. Pretty marginal turns. Either the snow kinda sucked or they weren't waiting to make turns or load the fall line.

Are you over on this side soon?

I live across the street from her place and could get it to her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People busting out into the BC today. No Shadows got tagged by half a dozen before noon. Pretty marginal turns. Either the snow kinda sucked or they weren't waiting to make turns or load the fall line.
    I'm over there regularly for work. I'll shoot you a PM and give you my number so we can coordinate!

Riblet.

Name:	poster-vsw-ski-stoned-2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	484881

I had this on the wall in college.