Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2443

Wasatch 23/24 Stoke Thread: Red Snake Coverage coming at you live from tgapp's fartba

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    I think what we’ve experienced is that with reservations required fewer folks will go to said resort and try to park without one. They will get creative and carpool or crowd source a ride or use UTA. I know this has kept me out of BCC more and even simply to go tour.

Snowbird not requiring reservations has created parking panic on nearly every weekend day (and many weekdays too)regardless if fresh snow and that requires anyone not holding a reservation to get into the canyon early to secure a first come spot. That race keeps getting more competitive (err earlier) and along the way creates traffic congestion for staff and patrons who wish to go beyond Snowbird but get caught in the Tom foolery which develops as those limited spots evaporate. Today there often are more cars coming up canyon than SB can accommodate so while the spots are limited and in theory while the same number of cars will get parked what often happens is some greater percentage of cars actually come up than can be parked leading to additional pressure on the available road.

Add snow to the mix and things go fubar fast!

The downhill is a joke but that is more because we won’t enforce the traction laws 24x7 from Oct 1 -
    May 1.

Tried to post but OzSkiers Insta of the Chevy Camaro with Washington Plates in the Collins lot on Friday night is a perfect example. I hope rather than spending $1.5B on a gondola we could hire a few folks to gatekeep the mouth and prevent these touron aholes from driving up in real wheel vehicles with all season tires. That and we need more buses!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5637.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	317.4 KB 
ID:	487425

Yeah more buses. I saw one almost go off the mainline below superior. Thought for sure it was going straight into the co gen building at the bird.
    And there was another fully off the road at entry 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Idk, I think it might be a little high, but it isn't actually that crazy. I had a day earlier this year when I was stuck on the bypass road and it took 1.5 hrs for me to get from the bridge to the fire station. Like 100 yards! Every single snowbird car thinks they are a special snowflake and can uturn into traffic, merge out of the bypass road lot, merge out of the superior lot, the parking garage, the main lot, creekside, etc. etc.

There are plenty of days where you could leave from creekside and wildcat at the same time....and it would take 3+ hours longer from wildcat. When the red snake is bad, it is rare that I make it to the last snowbird merge and there are even any cars coming from snowbird. The main and creekside Snowbird lots are 100% cleared out.

I've just decided to protect my sanity and leave by 2 pm at the latest, or wait until after 7 pm. Or pull the "park at creekside, bus to Alta, and ski back to my car" strategy.

Sent from my SM-S918U using TGR Forums mobile app
    This.

Also, they could remove the street parking at snowbird, turn it into the uphill lane, use the existing lanes for a double downhill, and protect the far right one for Alta only to the merge at Bird Entry 1.

I kinda think this might be what Alta is angling for.

also today

more stoke less parking bullshit

who got some? today was all time

sorry i missed ya at basin NBAbucks it sounds fkn epic

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

No, I’m gonna use a bitch ticket and remark that people complaining about parking at the uppermost reaches of a canyon are dumbasses.

Alta fucks complaining about having to zipper merge with downhill traffic are idiots. Talk about special snowflakes….

People always ask me why I hate Alta, that crying whine fest by them is just another reason. Fuck that place and all who buy in to the whole “soul” ass bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    No, I’m gonna use a bitch ticket and remark that people complaining about parking at the uppermost reaches of a canyon are dumbasses.

Alta fucks complaining about having to zipper merge with downhill traffic are idiots. Talk about special snowflakes….

People always ask me why I hate Alta, that crying whine fest by them is just another reason. Fuck that place and all who buy in to the whole “soul” ass bullshit.
    Lol dude its just skiing

Sent from my SM-S918U using TGR Forums mobile app

Ha ha, little brother, just remember we were here first. If not for us you wouldn’t be all tough and shit. Now go wipe your nose and pick up your toys before mom sees you crying…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Scorched earth

I get a bit of schadenfreude. I don't begrudge people for skiing Alta but 30 years of no boarding karma has come due in an indirect way. I'll just get on at entry one and duck out now.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

You know there's another canyon you can go to and complain about.

As an Alta Fuck... Go Fuck A Duck

Respectfully Yours,

DRoc
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Well yeah, if only I knew.

I also know that I wasn’t the one that started the Maughan bitching. Seems kinda silly to me to lay blame on the resort downstream on people moving problems. As in gee, we drove up past all those parked cars in the morning and now we’re perplexed how they’re getting ahead of us on the down.

I still think the juice is worth the squeeze. Otherwise I wouldn’t be driving up there every weekend. You can just accept that sitting in traffic either on the way up or down is just a part of your day now. Or, you can complain and bitch to no avail.

breathing helps. inhale through your nose 1.2.3.4 hold it and while holding it think "the universe owes me more unfettered Alta pow". count to 2. then exhale through your mouth 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8

That seriously took you three deleted posts to figure out? Perhaps you need a pow day, feel free to take the day off tomorrow.

We were hailed on at the playground today, I sure wish it had been snow. I got pretty riled up about an IGWT plate driving at a walking pace around the park loop.

Am I doing this right?

The only thing more sensitive than a PWL is an Alta bro…

Entry 1 to LCC PnR - 6 miles 60 mins*
    Albion Grill to LCC PnR - 8.5 miles 150 mins*

* estimated times.

Anyone have real time data, specifically Albion Grill to Merge below Entry 1 and Merge to Mouth?

D-Roc is from Connecticut, the entitlement is baked in.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Cost of full Alta Pass ~$1500
    Cost of Full Snowbird Pass ~1500
    Cost of ALTA mid-week pass ~$900.....VALUE of mid-week ALTA PASS = Priceless

I understand why some people ski LCC on weekends, because it is the only way to ski and feed their family. Skiing ALTA on weekends without living in ALTA is redonkorous! I say ski ALTA weekdays and buy an EPIC/IKON for weekend sliding.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    also today

more stoke less parking bullshit

who got some? today was all time

sorry i missed ya at basin NBAbucks it sounds fkn epic

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    you skied that pitch well

lets git er back off the bitching stokeless asshat track

sum icegrom

mur buster

reguardless of juice costs it doesnt suck to go ski with your friends and squeeze

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I am here for the Buster and icegrom content.
    Thanks D.
    big smiles here in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Serious question. How does Snowbird having parking reservations or not have anything to do with the number of cars going in and out of Snowbird? It will be filled either way and it'll always be downhill of Alta.
    It would help the morning up-canyon traffic a lot, but it won't change the afternoon down-canyon traffic problem in the slightest. I'm just glad to see it being publicly acknowledged that the gondola won't do shit to fix the traffic problem. Does Mike know you're not supposed to say the quiet part out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    The downhill is a joke but that is more because we won’t enforce the traction laws 24x7 from Oct 1 -
    May 1.
    Yeah, this.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Also, they could remove the street parking at snowbird, turn it into the uphill lane, use the existing lanes for a double downhill, and protect the far right one for Alta only to the merge at Bird Entry 1.

I kinda think this might be what Alta is angling for.
    Good luck with that.

Quoting for truth.

But honestly, I’m glad so many people catch the Alta magic. Enjoy the scene up there…

Couldn't the Alta Bros just park at The Bird, bus it to Alta, ski all day, P Dog or Snowpine until its time to go, ski down to their whip and SmugMerg with the unwashed masses?

Best way down LCC yesterday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240218-153922~2.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	813.9 KB 
ID:	487468

Saw these 2 around 3:15p as I was bailing from White Pine then caught them on the cam as traffic was fully stopped, presumably to wait out 2 bald tires sedans that were chaining up in the middle of the road. I think they made it all the way, could see their tracks down to the Wasatch resort at least.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Best way down LCC yesterday:
    When I was at a dead stop between WP and China Wall a guy went by jogging. Unfortunately I started doing the math in my head and a pretty casual pace would have gotten me to the P&R faster than driving did.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    presumably to wait out 2 bald tires sedans that were chaining up in the middle of the road.
    Step 1: Put chains on

Step 2: Drive down snowy canyon road

Step 3: Smoke crack

Do NOT reverse the order.

Everyone agrees we need more buses, can we just do that?

The past 3-4 weeks of skiing has been insane almost every day and more coming. I thought after last year I would be forever jaded but no it's still fkna sweet
    Last edited by Bojangles Mgillicutty; 02-19-2024 at 12:29 PM.