Page 24 of 98 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    bro if your attempt to give back to a community that sent you to ski yurp
    is cunting up a stoke thread
    try n suck much less
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Shit, sorry guys. I got that in my email and thought he made some good points. I'm bored with too much time on my hands and apparently not internetting very grood this week. I ate 20 mg's and walked the dog today and now I'm feeling much better.
    Ha! I don't always agree with SFB on the internet but when I do, it's that RA should pipe down with this five year old tired bullshit.

That guy is known maroon or worse and we've been discussing this shit for a long time. We know the ins and outs of it.

Problem with the Gondi is that as proposed, it doesn't solve the problems, and for a whole lot more money than any other option. I like driving too but if there actually a viable bus option I'd take it. Getting up there with the sparse service is one thing but I've seen too many people waiting hours in the cold and dark trying to get home at the end of the day. Fuck that is all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    weren't you the one who told me a story about a guy who hiked up the front side of Thurston, dropped into the upper bowl, and was confronted by a cameraman who photographed him and reported him to the sheriff?

they seem like real nice folks up there, it'd be a shame if something happened to all their fancy equipment.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Now we're talkin!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 7.09.05 PM.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	589.5 KB 
ID:	479436
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post

Now we're talkin!

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 7.09.05 PM.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	589.5 KB 
ID:	479436
    I'd say the modern private surveillance state ruins that novel as inspiration, but a certain gondola in a place that rhymes with Amish begs to differ

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I just went down the rabbit hole looking for a post from 20 years ago where I asked the same thing. Except it wasn’t Wasatch Peaks, just Dick and Earls private land.
    A lotta snowmobilers regularly shredded Dick and Earl's land about 20 years ago when I went up there a bunch. Great skiing. You could drive as far up as you wanted to the main fork in the road with no gate, now I think there is a winter gate. I saw a ton of Wasatch Peaks private property signs all over this summer near Francis, I don't remember seeing any signs when Dick and Earl owned it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    weren't you the one who told me a story about a guy who hiked up the front side of Thurston, dropped into the upper bowl, and was confronted by a cameraman who photographed him and reported him to the sheriff?

they seem like real nice folks up there, it'd be a shame if something happened to all their fancy equipment.

Hmmm, I don’t think that was me, but that story sounds familiar.

Anybody in UT need some heavy, cosmetically beat, high din (s920 with the inner spring removed), bindings? Most little toe wing nubs are missing, one entire toe piece is missing, and there is a smörgåsbord of brakes, brake arms, screws, and other various Salomon bits and pieces in various states of disrepair. However, the price is great: free as long as you will give them a good home and take all of them.

I'm driving to SLC in the next few days and need to know if I should bring the box with me. This place has done right by me for a long time now and I'd be happy to see these bindings get used by someone rather than end up in a landfill.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 8.52.50 PM.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	654.8 KB 
ID:	479445
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    Anybody in UT need some heavy, cosmetically beat, high din (s920 with the inner spring removed), bindings? Most little toe wing nubs are missing, one entire toe piece is missing, and there is a smörgåsbord of brakes, brake arms, screws, and other various Salomon bits and pieces in various states of disrepair. However, the price is great: free as long as you will give them a good home and take all of them.

I'm driving to SLC in the next few days and need to know if I should bring the box with me. This place has done right by me for a long time now and I'd be happy to see these bindings get used by someone rather than end up in a landfill.
    I’m actually interested but need to know a little more…. Like are they functional, maybe if you mix and match? I have a binding freedom mounting plate that only works works with older solly binders mounting pattern and dynafits that I want to use on a pair of praxis skis that I Swiss cheesed and fucked up, but I hope the mounting plate will make em usable.

So TLR, I’ll take as I think I can make em work, and I promise not to throw them away if they don’t work.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i aints gots no 20 din springs but definately have a grip of old non indemnified s labs 900's 9-12's drivers and maybe a 16 if ya need parts brakes or a set and a bunch of binding freedom machine screws if ya need
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

DJ up in Jackson loves those things iirc...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    yeah im savin a few nicer ones for him
    but i gots more than he could use
    i just checked there are some 20's
    and dj's knees definitely dont need min 14 din binders

beav opens tomarrow for passholders general public saturday
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Brutah I also have a grip of 916/914s where you could mix and match a functional set out of if you want a binding for mere mortals. Going to be posting a bunch of free stuff up here soon

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Don't think many folks would have a problem with a lift over Guardsman's and Twin Lakes Pass...
    Falls on deaf ears and I've pushed this concept for years...
    Problem is alla Summit County is private land and try and talk Vail into the above...
    When Talisker tried to build the chair through to park city, I would have been onboard if they followed the road. Unfortunately they attempted to go through an undeveloped corridor to avoid having to pay off land owners. I think you underestimate the opposition to twin lakes. A lot of people want 0 development. I’m not in that camp. I do think the idea of keeping it to existing developed areas makes the most sense
    When I moved here, the only traffic jam in Park City was Christmas to new years. Now there is a traffic jam every morning and evening and sometimes during the day. I’m shocked by your 30 % number. But we do have a lot of rooms now and more coming every year.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I’m actually interested but need to know a little more…. Like are they functional, maybe if you mix and match? I have a binding freedom mounting plate that only works works with older solly binders mounting pattern and dynafits that I want to use on a pair of praxis skis that I Swiss cheesed and fucked up, but I hope the mounting plate will make em usable.

So TLR, I’ll take as I think I can make em work, and I promise not to throw them away if they don’t work.
    I'll bring them out for you. They're 100% functional and will work on a binding freedom plate, I just don't need to keep hoarding them anymore as i've switched over to pivots in the last few years. I also have a ton of brakes so you should be all set for anything from a powderboard to a RX.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    DJ up in Jackson loves those things iirc...
    I actually pinged him about these earlier but they were not quite what he was looking for
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

sendy grom stoke

mount ogden stoke

not a whole lot more to be stoked on today, but this sure beats the alternative

I’ve never skied Snowbasin in the early season but I’m thinking of headed up tomorrow for the JP opening. Will it be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I’ve never skied Snowbasin in the early season but I’m thinking of headed up tomorrow for the JP opening. Will it be worth it?
    Worth it is super subjective. Do you have a pass or some kind of discount or would you just be buying a full pop day pass? If the latter, I would say ‘fuck no.’

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Worth it is super subjective. Do you have a pass or some kind of discount or would you just be buying a full pop day pass? If the latter, I would say ‘fuck no.’
    I have a pass, but I also have parking reservations at Alta tomorrow as well and it’s been skiing good.

We checked out Basin today. It was good, but yeah, Alta two days ago was better. I heard some (not necessarily reliable) chatter that Basin is opening up new terrain tomorrow. I was finding some (not all) bump runs that had nice chalky snow, and the cruisers were fun until the last hour or two when it got to be a mixed bag (slick, sugar, other). I think this is going to be a good weekend for skating on the XC trails.

Catherine's Area on Tuesday, tracked out but still sweet:

Name:	catherines.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	265.3 KB 
ID:	479529

Nothing but a scenic shot from Basin today:

Name:	basin1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	389.8 KB 
ID:	479530

Man, I gotta get back to the Wasatch asap.

I have Ikook permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Honestly Basin on Saturday was all-time phenomenal good. There's no way it'll be even close to as good. I'll go ski the JP opener because I fucking love that lift but there's no way it'll be any good - a week of heat and wind has undoubtedly wreaked havoc on the snow pack. Come find me and ask for change for a nickel - I'll be up in the afternoon likely, white helmet, blue hoody, orange pants. Mfree99s.

Oh Nordic, when will you finally replace that thorn called Apollo?

Coverage is as good for this time of year as one could hope for.
    Those two storms with 5" H2O glued on well.
    Oh yeah, last year...
    Not hitting rocks on the groomers. So good.
    Anyone ski the new Sleepy Hollow? Best groomer on Supreme with all the earthwork they did in the offseason..
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

I knew something seemed different over there. I like the rare days No. 9 is groomed. Groomage has been really nice all over the hill this week.

Enjoy Gad2 ya animals! (Living vicariously through stupid work on the EC)

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Man, I gotta get back to the Wasatch asap.

I have Ikook permissions.
    If need be, you can crash here for a few days whenever.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix