Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2437
    Friends bailed, fiance and I were number 2 and 3 up the high ballroom gate into the shoulder. Then a keyhole, followed by a few more great runs. Another awesome day, rode the lift with a mag but didn’t catch his handle. Is also on the moment ski program.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Anyone else see the inbounds slab carry the skier off the knucklehead traverse just after the Road to Provo rope drop?
    I was on LC. Looked like they ended up on the side of it, given how it fanned on the convex ridge. From the top looked like they were able to walk away. Lucky for everyone it seemed to end up ok.

Duped the post.
    Snow was killer all day. Nice cold temps and low density snow to keep it fun all day.

so i will be arriving in SLC this Thursday, just love the spooky bipolar vibe of that city, I've stayed at the Avenues in the past but I'm all grown up now.

My sons and I have the IKON!

Shall we just commit public immolation pass in hand?

maybe some of the two year "locals" can gather and fan the flames ... i mean, HOW DARE WE
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Today was pretty sweet!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3197.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	485577

The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    so i will be arriving in SLC this Thursday, just love the spooky bipolar vibe of that city, I've stayed at the Avenues in the past but I'm all grown up now.

My sons and I have the IKON!

Shall we just commit public immolation pass in hand?

maybe some of the two year "locals" can gather and fan the flames ... i mean, HOW DARE WE
    Way to win favor with everyone here... enjoy your trip
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Yeah, that didn’t suck. I could go on about how parking sucked and the ride down was painful. But, fuck that, shit was fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0027.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	485584

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	481.5 KB 
ID:	485586

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	277.4 KB 
ID:	485585

Spent about the same amount of time waiting for and riding the UTA bus as actually skiing today.

It was worth it.

Twas good.
    I think a wise man once said, "Fuck all of you complaining dicks".
    Bus up from Sandy was 20min late, arrived 11:05ish am, packed it full. I think other had been waiting multiple busses...
    Noonish to 2:15pm did not have bad lines.
    Here's stuff to look at:

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (1).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	485587

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (4).jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	485588

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (7).jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	485589

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (10).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	485590

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (12).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	485591

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (16).jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	485592

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (25).jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	485593

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (27).jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	485594

Name:	FullSizeRender copy.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	485596

Name:	FullSizeRender 2 copy.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	485595

One of the better days this season! More on tap in the 10-day it looks like

Oh yeah, gonna use a bitch ticket again. If you were the jackass that left your dog in your truck all day next to me, fuck right the fuck off. My friend rightfully called you out on that shit when you took it out to shit and piss at the end of the day.

Those of us that live here don’t bring our dogs into the canyons. Don’t be a visiting fucktard and bring your god damn dog up there. When called on it don’t be a dick about it and try to claim it’s a service dog, then try to claim you had no other choice.

We kinda knew we were dealing with fuckheads when the diesel truck fired up a half hour before they got to it. Nothing like firing up your noisy ass truck from the peak.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Way to win favor with everyone here... enjoy your trip
    I have the ways of a gentleman, so I've been told.....

I at least don't intend to be part of the traffic problem for what that's worth, despite it's challenges I plan for us to use the UTA or Connect when we are together then hitchhike when I'm alone, hitching from the Park and Ride or 7-11 always worked in the past and now taking an uber to the lot and not actually parking there seems an option

BTW, the Avenues hostel is scarier than Snowbird
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

You Wasatch denizens are earning your turns.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Oh yeah, gonna use a bitch ticket again. If you were the jackass that left your dog in your truck all day next to me, fuck right the fuck off. My friend rightfully called you out on that shit when you took it out to shit and piss at the end of the day.

Those of us that live here don’t bring our dogs into the canyons. Don’t be a visiting fucktard and bring your god damn dog up there. When called on it don’t be a dick about it and try to claim it’s a service dog, then try to claim you had no other choice.

We kinda knew we were dealing with fuckheads when the diesel truck fired up a half hour before they got to it. Nothing like firing up your noisy ass truck from the peak.
    I agree....but, we all know that UT is full of a lot of BS rules, regs., laws and doctrines, but IMHO none is so prevalent as no dogs in the canyons. A lot of people with dogs live in Alta and Brighton. There must be at least 20 avi. dogs in the canyon at any given time. I understand that if dogs were allowed in the canyons people would abuse it and dog shit would be rampant in the "watershed". Leaving a dog in a vehicle for a couple of hours while skiing is commonplace. I do it every time I go to Jackson. Leaving them in the vehicle for more than a couple/few hrs. is irresponsible. Letting them out of the vehicle to relieve themselves and then not picking it up is both irresponsible and a dickhead move. While I never have brought my dog up to BCC/LCC, I don't like the homeowners' preferential treatment. I sends mixed signals.
    OTOH firing up a veh. 1/2hr. or 5 mins. before you get to it is fuckt. No excuse there. That deserves a 20" key line on the driver's side door, and eggs splattered on the windshield.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I don’t think you need a ticket to bitch about that asshole.

Speaking of assholes, I have a funny story from yesterday. I was out lapping Catherine’s and hear a lot of high pitch prepubescent hollering’ that I recognize, so I chase it down and find my kids’ ski team checking out this drop. They all think they’re the next Kai Jones, so I go down to film them. As they’re scoping the landing a guy comes down through the trees to skiers right and eats shit. So they wait for him to get his skies on, and he then proceeds to traverse directly under the rock. You can see his tracks in the photo. The kids just lose their minds and start in on him. The dude looks back at them right as one of the boys yells, “Go back to Texas, you beater!” I was dying. I’d guess he didn’t have getting heckled by 12 and 13 year olds on his vacation bingo cards.

Name:	IMG_2105.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	485623

Luckily the only thing I can bitch about from yesterday is getting a denial upon asking if I could join a group of 3 from the singles line

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Luckily the only thing I can bitch about from yesterday is getting a denial upon asking if I could join a group of 3 from the singles line
    Busy pow day? I usually don’t even ask, I just roll in with them to fill the chair.

There's stupid fucking ikoners with no respect bringing dogs up the canyon every day.
    My wife asked a UPD about it last month. He said, blah blah blah blah blah blah we don't have time blah blah blah.
    What do you expect when there's no enforcement?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Friends bailed, fiance and I were number 2 and 3 up the high ballroom gate into the shoulder.
    One of the most effortless, pleasant pow runs I've had this year.
    Eddies before that, Rocky to Patsy after. Felt the solar crust on the bottom for the Patsy lap, but I'd still give it 4+ stars.

Damn dudes, sweet pics and stoke! This joint is firing. We on rocks here, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Busy pow day? I usually don’t even ask, I just roll in with them to fill the chair.
    It was a group of 5 kind of jacking up the line as they conversed; thought I waited for the perfect moment but it was all closed out. Figured I didnt wanna ride w em anyways so I passed on conflict

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryan14410 View Post
    Twas good.

Name:	Landscape_20240204 (25).jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	485593
    I see you're admiring my handiwork, center left track is mine. What a good day!
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Couple more, snow was perfect on top of a firm crust, made for very fun skiing and a couple big fast running sluffs

Name:	Screenshot_20240204_171819_Photos.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	678.3 KB 
ID:	485636

Name:	IMG_0816.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	485637
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I don’t think you need a ticket to bitch about that asshole.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Speaking of assholes, I have a funny story from yesterday. I was out lapping Catherine’s and hear a lot of high pitch prepubescent hollering’ that I recognize, so I chase it down and find my kids’ ski team checking out this drop. They all think they’re the next Kai Jones, so I go down to film them. As they’re scoping the landing a guy comes down through the trees to skiers right and eats shit. So they wait for him to get his skies on, and he then proceeds to traverse directly under the rock. You can see his tracks in the photo. The kids just lose their minds and start in on him. The dude looks back at them right as one of the boys yells, “Go back to Texas, you beater!” I was dying. I’d guess he didn’t have getting heckled by 12 and 13 year olds on his vacation bingo cards.

Name:	IMG_2105.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	485623
    Hah, that's awesome.

You know that feeling of chills down the back of your neck like you're literally freebasing euphoria? A lot of that at Alta lately, especially today

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk