Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

It has always been my understanding that Since Meadows and T-line are in different counties, that is the reason whythey adhere to different out of bounds policies. I could be wrong.
    Training for Alpental

Mark your calendars, opening day is slated for Saturday, December 2nd. We expect to see multiple feet of snow accumulate over the next couple of days and into Sunday morning, along with strong winds, ice, and limited visibility. Our goal is to open Little Pine and Sunrise lifts but we may have delays due to the storm in progress.
    yepper

Lame of them to close off uphill access until then though

Quote Originally Posted by kinkilla View Post
    Lame of them to close off uphill access until then though
    Disagree. You're basically only missing Friday and that's not even going to be when it really gets covered. Let the Bachy team do their work for a day without worrying about irrational powderhounds.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Oregon ‘23-‘24 El Niño Schralpadelic Rumble Thread

Go go central Oregonians!

Which lift will break down

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Mark your calendars, opening day is slated for Saturday, December 2nd. We expect to see multiple feet of snow accumulate over the next couple of days and into Sunday morning, along with strong winds, ice, and limited visibility. Our goal is to open Little Pine and Sunrise lifts but we may have delays due to the storm in progress.
    Per NOAA
    Tonight. A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 24. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday. Snow. High near 29. West wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Thursday Night. Snow. Low around 22. West wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Friday. Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 28. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Friday Night. Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. Windy, with a west wind 26 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.

Saturday. Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Saturday Night. Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 28. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Sunday. Snow level rising to 7400 feet in the afternoon. High near 33. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Sunday Night. Rain and snow. Snow level 7300 feet. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Monday. Snow before 1pm, then snow, possibly mixed with rain. Snow level 7200 feet rising to 8000 feet in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.

Monday Night. Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.

Tuesday. Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.

Tuesday Night. Rain and snow likely. Snow level 7800 feet lowering to 7300 feet after midnight . Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
    Looks like some nice warm base building snow. Will see how much actually falls. I remember a forecast of 1-2’ a couple of weeks ago - 3” actually fell.

Marshmallow with 20” of new wet snow will be a riot…Hoodoo Hot Pow without the Hoodoo pitch…

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Per NOAA

Looks like some nice warm base building snow. Will see how much actually falls. I remember a forecast of 1-2’ a couple of weeks ago - 3” actually fell.

Marshmallow with 20” of new wet snow will be a riot…
    Wishful thinking on P0wDr Corp. Next week sounds reasonable, big if.
    yepper

^^^ Maybe Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Which lift will break down
    If that forecast holds, it’s gonna be a fun first day for lift ops.

Snowing out my WFH office window as I contemplate a day stuck in meetings.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I Meadows going to pull the trigger? Damn I could use a day before 2 weeks in Denmark.
    Training for Alpental

Hoping the traffic won’t be too terrible for just Little Pine and Sunrise.

Sprained my lower-back while trying to keep up with a hot athletic woman running up and down Mt. defiance last Friday… slipped on icy rock and now I can’t even bend slightly and it hurts to walk. I hope Meadows can open this coming Friday for y’all but I’m fine if it doesn’t.

Yeah, I know, no one cares and take it to gimp central ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Snowing out my WFH office window as I contemplate a day stuck in meetings.
    Snowing since ~0400 at La Ponderita as well. Had my nose glued to the window most of the morning, breaking in my newly molded intuition liners.

“When the child was a child, It waited for the first snow. And still waits that way“

Looks like we've a season kick off. Backseat straight liners on Marshmallow ftw.
    yepper

Holy shit, Meadows finally did a snow stake.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Backseat straight liners on Marshmallow ftw.
    Channel your inner Donny Pelletier

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Hoping the traffic won’t be too terrible for just Little Pine and Sunrise.
    Every soccer mom and wanna be bro brah skier dad will be on Century Drive tomorrow. Some will be going up for the thrill on the hill of first day of the season. Some will be up there to not ski but hit the Nordic Center. Yet others will be up there to ski low angle groomers. Some will have adequate winter tires. Others will not. You will be able to tell what's what by how many end up in the ditch or stuck on the side of the road trying to put chains on past the chain up areas.

I might go up to do some non-lift served cardio on a conical volcanic landmark that no one really cares if you summit it or not.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Channel your inner Donny Pelletier
    Friggin Right...
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Every soccer mom and wanna be bro brah skier dad will be on Century Drive tomorrow. Some will be going up for the thrill on the hill of first day of the season. Some will be up there to not ski but hit the Nordic Center. Yet others will be up there to ski low angle groomers. Some will have adequate winter tires. Others will not. You will be able to tell what's what by how many end up in the ditch or stuck on the side of the road trying to put chains on past the chain up areas.

I might go up to do some non-lift served cardio on a conical volcanic landmark that no one really cares if you summit it or not.
    Don't forget your skinning license and your arm band and your.....
    yepper

for those who have been wondering...new maze config from the 6-seater explainer mhm just put out on youtube
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mhm-newmazeconfig.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	678.8 KB 
ID:	477891

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    It has always been my understanding that Since Meadows and T-line are in different counties, that is the reason whythey adhere to different out of bounds policies. I could be wrong.
    About a year ago there was some talk that Meadows was looking to change their boundary policy. Looks like not happening this year. Hopefully in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    Holy shit, Meadows finally did a snow stake.
    It's always been there. The NOAA site. They just stuck a camera on it

Any lift maze that merges opposite sides will always be a clusterfuck, unless it has a host at all times

A bit windy over on the NW side of Bachelor - wind gauge clocked a 101mph fastball.

Yup, and cold too. 148*F below zero at top of summit…