Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Got in a few quick laps before work duties called. Props to the 3 snowboarders who took over setting the upper Cone bootpack. I was gassed about 2/3rd of the way up. Was way worth the effort.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Played hooky and got a few hours at Bachelor with my sister this morning. First powder day in 5 years or so, life has been complicated. It was a really nice day, how the fuck did I not ride powder for 5 years?

Parked at Skyline, which was riding nicely and was pretty empty. Surface conditions varied from bottomless to windblown, but I didn't run into any areas that were blown off down to hard pack. We headed over to cloud chaser just to see, and the winds at the top of the chair were definitely hitting the forecast speeds, it was miserable. Took a lap down to sunrise too, and that was tracked out and crappy. We went back to skyliner to finish up, and were still finding untracked lines two hours after the chairs opened.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^ Are you coming to Mt Brokenchair with the Florida Ski Council?
    https://floridaskicouncil.com/event-4863581
    Hell no. Bunch of overweight Boca Raton fucks that train 3x/year on their platinum edition skiers edge. I’d make fun of their boards, but they probably ski on newer/better shit than I do.

Besides, If I had anything to do with an organized trip to Oregon, we would be hitting up cooper spur. Gnarliest terrain in the state. Accelerator on a pow day is fuckin all-time.

Got in a few laps before work and PMX going on wind hold. Was good while getting the goods.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pine_3_1_24.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	911.0 KB 
ID:	488843
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

You sneaky poacher. Meanwhile @ CC....2 good powslog runs. I should of brought my skinnies.

Name:	20240301_094409.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	751.5 KB 
ID:	488855
    yepper

Cold’n’light this week

Name:	Image1709333685.390592.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	913.1 KB 
ID:	488858
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

nice!

tues was ridiculous at mhm

So good this morning. Whiteout on the way to the hill, but the skiing was excellent, especially for SW Oregon.

x3... Da hood pow was good and light today and deep in the trees all day long.

Funny story, WP did not run upper mountain on Thursday because of wrecks/blockages on 58, they literally could not get employees on the hill until midday. So word got around, and everyone flocked to WP today.
    The Doo was empty, lower lot did not fill up all all. Ski onto the chair all day, only every 3rd or 4th chair had people on it. Wonderful day - especially when the storm broke around 130 and you could actually see where the massive windlips were on open terrain.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Please forgive the stoke interruption to gain some beta on Hoodoo: Family spring break trip is generally the first week in April and typically to Hood. Thinking about changing it up this year and heading to Sisters to ride Hoodoo and Bachelor. For those in the Hoodoo know, do they typically run their Wednesday to Sunday schedule the first Week in April? Thanks in advance.

^^^ Oregon schools are on break 3/25-29, so le’Doo will be open 3/25-26.
    But not first mon-Tues in April
    https://skihoodoo.com/events/

And as far as staying in Sisters, know that traffic then will be an even bigger shitshow than normal with construction going full bore on a roundabout at east end of town.
    https://www.oregon.gov/odot/projects...?project=22072
    Not an issue if heading to le’Doo unless you stay at Five Pines.

Just trying to really nail it down because all the rentals we look at have lame cancellation policies. In looking at their calendar I see that all the other Wed-Fri dates say "open" while that first Wed-Fri of April is blank. No "open" indicated, but they do have an event scheduled for that weekend. Just makes me nervous that they might only be open for the weekend.

Thanks for the construction info. Only would affect us going to Bend/Bachelor. Likely stay in BBR.

I may be wrong but I think the Doo usually is weekends only in April.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Give the resort a call. They will shift to weekends only sometime in spring depending on snowpack and crowd levels.

Too bad the construction is going to last through the traffic season. But hey, once it’s done - maybe people will actually use the bypass? The eastbound left turn from Locust onto 20 was silly dumb, especially when I’ve had my 6000 lbs trailer hitched up and can’t exactly gun it off the line (and my rig is not the coal rolling type).

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I did call, but the person I spoke with was just as wishy washy as the calendar. In the end, she really didn't know. Thanks for all the responses.

Here’s Chuck Shepherd’s (Hoodoo owner and Parking Lot Supervisor) comments from last year about spring operating schedule.
    Many of you have started asking me how long we will be open. The standard answer is as long as customers continue to come up in amounts that make it worthwhile to stay open and the snow remains good. However, even more important is the question “How long can we keep our employees?” Many of them have summer jobs at the nearby resorts or golf clubs. They start getting a lot of pressure to move to their next job when spring gets close, especially after Spring Brea. We struggle to go very long in April. However, for all guests and employees alike, the plan is for us to stay open for the first four weekends in April if we can, but plan on at least the first three.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Too bad the construction is going to last through the traffic season. But hey, once it’s done - maybe people will actually use the bypass? The eastbound left turn from Locust onto 20 was silly dumb, especially when I’ve had my 6000 lbs trailer hitched up and can’t exactly gun it off the line (and my rig is not the coal rolling type).
    The standard rule of driving in Sisters - do not attempt left turns onto or off of Cascade/US20 during daylight hours between May 15 and October 15. Or anytime if pulling a trailer.

I’m pretty sure the roundabout will help direct thru traffic around town. And it will slow the traffic down to posted levels between Hwy 126 and Locust. Nobody seems to notice it’s a school zone (at least for the next year or two)

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Here’s Chuck Shepherd’s (Hoodoo owner and Parking Lot Supervisor) comments from last year about spring operating schedule.
    That is very helpful and seems to confirm the April weekend only schedule.

Oregon ‘23-‘24 El Niño Schralpadelic Rumble Thread

What a great fucking day!!!

Just line after line of pow stashes and somehow decent lift lines!!

❄️❄️❄️

On the way up, just past silent rock, there was a ford mustang in the chain up area spinning its tires. With the chains on the front tires!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    On the way up, just past silent rock, there was a ford mustang in the chain up area spinning its tires. With the chains on the front tires!��

Belongs in the Gaper Quote thread

And apologies if I’ve posted this before but it seems relevant
    Todd Snider grew up in Beaverton

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    What a great fucking day!!!

Just line after line of pow stashes and somehow decent lift lines!!

❄️❄️❄️

On the way up, just past silent rock, there was a ford mustang in the chain up area spinning its tires. With the chains on the front tires!��
    Windy Point
    yepper

NWX delivered the goods. Everyone was heading into the West bowls area. Leaving tons of untracked. Lines were of course long.

Name:	NWX.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	799.5 KB 
ID:	489017

Snow was knee deep and light. Great day on the hill. Legs are cooked!