Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

2024 UCI DH/XC/Enduro Megathread

Official calendar announced, so might as well start a new thread.

Only 1 DH race outside of Europe. All Enduro races in Europe. XC is at least getting around a bit.

The UCI scheduler should be kicked in the nuts. Seems like the DH schedule is mostly packed into May/June, with a two month break between stops 6-7, and another month between 7-8. Makes no sense at all.

My guess is that enduro is done after 2024; with the effort the UCI puts into covering/promoting it and only having 6 races on the calendar, why would a bike company waste money on this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The UCI scheduler should be kicked in the nuts. Seems like the DH schedule is mostly packed into May/June, with a two month break between stops 6-7, and another month between 7-8. Makes no sense at all.

My guess is that enduro is done after 2024; with the effort the UCI puts into covering/promoting it and only having 6 races on the calendar, why would a bike company waste money on this shit?
    In fairness to the dates, world champs isn't on there, but looks to be scheduled for late August. And the Olympics are happening in Paris July 26 - Aug 11, which I'm sure complicates things even for non-olympic events like DH.

Can't say I'll miss the UCI shitshow coming to Snowshoe.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Nuke proof bankrupt.

I read a lot of comments saying Red Bull needs to go ahead and make their own DH series, and I'm inclined to agree heavily. We'd get Rob Warner back and better coverage that actually empowers the sport.

They need a feeder series that gives UCI points to qualify like the euro and Noram series does for skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

End of an Era. The GOAT Greg Minnaar retires.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post

Source?

You dare question the skini?

Google it

https://youtu.be/9o_EZ0qrYeY?si=DV2vmBHSHd0wGQ2s

The news was out a few days ago that he was parting with the Syndicate, but I couldn't find anything official that he was retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    The news was out a few days ago that he was parting with the Syndicate, but I couldn't find anything official that he was retiring.
    Yeah, pinkbike said he was rumored to go to Norco. Which would be pretty crazy. Good for norco though.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post

Definitely not retirement vibes on that vid. Very much breakup vibes IMO.

You would have Greg talking if it was a wrap.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I thought the Norco thing had been confirmed pretty solidly as well.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

It’s so confusing. Assuming his goal is to win one more race, why in the world would he go to any program that didn’t have a wicked fast bike and complete rider support. Can’t imagine any amount of money would make it worthwhile, given that’s he already seems pretty solid financially. But then, I don’t know shit.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Share of the company or ownership of the race program?

The fact that Minnaar hasn't posted any sort of social media warmly worded retrospective about Santa Cruz or the syndicate would seem to indicate this was messy.

Doesn't seem like a great time to be a racer shopping for a team. Especially a racer like Minnaar, who has a lot of name recognition (meaning he'll want a lot of money), but whose best days are almost certainly behind him. I'm sure norco is excited to have someone help develop their new DH bike, but I'd guess that move is mostly happening because it was one of the only options available.

^ That was my take as soon as I read the Pinkbike article a few days ago. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

my understanding is that Jackson signed a fairly long term (by industry standards) contract with SCB which no doubt wasn't cheap and probably contributed to how all of this played out, given that none of the parties probably expected Greg to have a total shit season and then decide he needed another redemption year. Throw in industry shitting the bed and already a bunch of staffing reductions at SCB and well, here we are.

I've always liked and cheered for Greg, but there's certainly seemed to be some weird team vibes between him and 'new' syndicate over the past few variations, so who knows what else is going on there. Kinda feels like he missed his chance to exit gracefully and now we're in this awkward "oh, you're still here?" phase, which I hope doesn't ruin his legacy.

Re. Norco, can't say it really endears me to them either, they've been pretty all over the place about their racing program and teams over the past couple years, and this signing would feel like that continuation of that seemingly haphazard approach. Also heard that momma sess might be back too, at this rate probably O'Neill and Oakley as well...desperation for the glory days?!

In theory, Gwin could pick him up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Sounds like watching bikes next season will require a Max subscription + a $10/month sports add on (which apparently also includes NHL, MLB, and NBA). That's for the U.S. - presumably other countries are different.

Mount 7 Psychosis returning for 2024: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-re...s-is-back.html

$19.98/month to watch WC next year.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/world-...n-in-2024.html

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    $19.98/month to watch WC next year.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/world-...n-in-2024.html
    With ads. That's shit.