Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    To paraphrase Warner; to can tell BKs doing well … because he just told you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Pinkbike fantasy DH is back! Now with some changes, mainly dynamic pricing. Should be interesting.

I made a league. League name: Sprockets. Password: TGR

Are we doing prizes this year?
    Here is a link for joining after you make your team.

https://www.pinkbike.com/contest/fan...leagueid=19965
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Joined the league, so stoked this is back. My PB name is hi-dr-nick

I'm down to make a wager/have prizes.

Jackson Goldstone is out for the foreseeable future. He ended up getting surgery on his knee.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Jackson Goldstone is out for the foreseeable future. He ended up getting surgery on his knee.
    yeah, out for the year

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    yeah, out for the year
    That's a bummer.

Wonder how much this will impact various other pro's decision to attend hardline. Bruni kinda looking like the smart one at this point.

Men's slopestyle competitors are boycotting the crankworx event in rotorua.

This is the first event with a women's class, and the boycott happened the day before the comp. While I get what they're saying, all in all, I don't think it's a great look for those guys. They're in a relatively obscure corner of a relatively obscure sport at a time when the whole industry is hurting for cash. And the prize pool is substantially larger than it was last year.

But aside from all of that, I wonder if this will light a fire under the asses of the DH and XC guys to form a rider's union of some sort, as has been discussed quite a bit over the last few years.

Yeah, I'm not impressed with the execution here. I am sure they have a point to make, but they look a little out of touch and are alienating fans that probably threw down some real money to come see them do their gymnastics show.

Whilst the Crankworx World Tour agreed to an additional prize money raise for Crankworx Rotorua, bringing it to a 37% increase (compared to 2023) after conversations and negotiations with the athletes, this offer has been refused and countered by the male athletes. Given the structure of the Freeride Mountain Bike Association (FMBA) and the framework the Crankworx FMBA Slopestyle World Championship operates in as a professional sport, Crankworx cannot effectuate an appearance fee or an additional prize money increase as demanded by the male athletes
    Probably should have taken that as a step in the right direction and demanded more talks before the next show with the threat of staying home.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I already didn't care about slopestyle, this will make it even easier! Yeah, hurt the one event that actually created slopestyle as a 'profession' for you turkeys. Sponsors are getting tight so grind the event? who also is drawing from the same dwindling pie? concussions are serious, folks!

Hard telling exactly what's going on with the riders' side of the story. So, it will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

One thing is for sure? The riders signed up to compete and didn't show. Welching on a deal is no bueno, no matter how bad the negotiations had become. That being said, I doubt the riders are contracted to compete by crankeorks; more likely contracted by there sponsors. This could get interesting...

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 03-24-2024 at 01:19 AM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

While I don't doubt what they are complaining about, not hearing regularly about the concerns as someone who follows it, it can seem they went to 10 immediately. Based on some of the posts I've seen this weekend though, it's been an ongoing conversation for years.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

While I don't doubt what they are complaining about, not hearing regularly about the concerns as someone who follows it, it can seem they went to 10 immediately. Based on some of the posts I've seen this weekend though, it's been an ongoing conversation for years.
    Yep. My take was that the riders have been discussing issues with organizers for a long time now.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

2024 UCI DH/XC/Enduro Megathread

The fight is legit. Whether they went about it the right way is to be determined.
    But you have to admit, the DH guys could do with a little more of that conviction.
    They’re basically all clowns and acrobats for a very lucrative circus. Somehow someone convinced the world they shouldn’t get paid or be supported when they’re injured.

Last edited by jm2e; 03-25-2024 at 11:41 AM.

The more I've thought of this, the more I shake my head about getting to the event, practicing, then pulling the plug.

That said, the other story I was looking at I can't find, but one of the lady enduro racers, who is fast, like, won or podiumed last year is now a privateer. Crazy that they can't get the support and really nails down that narrative that enduro's flash in the pan at that level is really dwindling.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    They’re basically all clowns and acrobats for a circus that makes a little bit of money here and there but not really.

FIFY

If you want to make your millions, I don't think mountain bike competitions are the circus you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    FIFY

If you want to make your millions, I don't think mountain bike competitions are the circus you're looking for.
    See Matt Jones.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Be like Jono and be a banker and fuck off on the weekends and race bikes for fun.

So much other stuff to catch up on in this thread. Thibaut in hot water. BK literally having the luckiest unlucky frame explosion ever. Imagine if that happened at Taz Hardline on a huge drop into some trees etc. Good talk from an engineer over on one of the PB comment sections about the fact that bonding carbon directly to aluminum basically doesn't work and that this has been well known for decades and somehow the Pivot engineers didn't know this....

The more I've thought of this, the more I shake my head about getting to the event, practicing, then pulling the plug.

That said, the other story I was looking at I can't find, but one of the lady enduro racers, who is fast, like, won or podiumed last year is now a privateer. Crazy that they can't get the support and really nails down that narrative that enduro's flash in the pan at that level is really dwindling.
    I think it was Bex Barona? Rumours thread on Vital claim she was asking for $250k USD, not sure if that was salary or full budget for the year or what, and that was too rich in current environment.

Don't really follow slopestyle anymore except watch Whistler Joyride finals. Definitely seems like a bad look but will be interesting how it plays out. Cool to see the ladies competing. Coverage on the DH races at Crankworx has seemingly been improving which is cool. Definitely looking forward to 1199 track again, hoping to go in person this year as I was out of town for the event last summer.

The crankworx thing has turned full stupid. Are the riders not allowed to say anything substantive because of contractual obligations, or do they have nothing to say other than, trust us, this has been years in the making?

Unrelated and more on topic. What exactly do I need to watch XC/DH this year? Just a MAX subscription? or do i need the sports add on as well.

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    The crankworx thing has turned full stupid. Are the riders not allowed to say anything substantive because of contractual obligations, or do they have nothing to say other than, trust us, this has been years in the making?

Unrelated and more on topic. What exactly do I need to watch XC/DH this year? Just a MAX subscription? or do i need the sports add on as well.
    It looks like the sports add-on is included for the time being; I can't tell for how long, though.

Formerly Rludes025

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-28 103326.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	492266

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-28 103040.png
Views: 147
Size:  18.7 KB

Not as bad as $19.98 for the time being...

Formerly Rludes025

So how much extra its watching bikes gonna cost when the promotional period ends?

$0.00
    That’s gonna be the going rate for a lot of people who opt out of watching.

Not much of an XC guy but those have free live on Youtube.

Awesome US representation in the U23 so far!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

First in men’s and 2-3 in women’s elite. Best xco race for us riders ever?