Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    I can't find the Praxis superthread?

I'm looking for something used between my skinny Qs and Powder Boards. WP gets tracked out quick these days. I need something with a bit of suspension. GPOs, FRS, Qs...what else? Who's holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

I'm looking for something used between my skinny Qs and Powder Boards. WP gets tracked out quick these days. I need something with a bit of suspension. GPOs, FRS, Qs...what else? Who's holding?
    Jedi Mind Sticks?
    Have a pair NIP that I might sell as the transmission in my van needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

I happen to have all of those that I'm probably moving...192 GPOs, 188 FRS, 188 Q's, and also 187 Concepts

Rad...I'm interested. The GPOs will be too long. Either put the details here or link the Gear Swap thread.

Praxis Nerd...talk me though the basic differences between the others. I Q would be an easy sell but interested in the others.

Praxis Skis Needs Your Support

I have a pair of 187 Veneer Enduro GPOs (1 mount) I’m probably going to be selling too. They have some base damage that’s been professionally repaired, but I will let go cheap because of it.

On the topic of mount points, I definitely preferred my GPOs -1 to -1.5 behind the line. In the line I experienced a bit of tip dive, behind they’re perfect

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Horse View Post
    Ok, good to know. I will stick to my guns, and make the final call once they arrive and I stand on them. I'm really looking forward to these.
    The more I fuck with mount points and bindings the more I'm realizing how much both boot forward lean, boot ramp angle, and binding ramp delta can play a role in mount points. But yeah as N1CK mentioned, if you go into the GPO thread or Praxis 18-19 Superthread then you'll see a pretty big range of mount points on the GPO from +1 to -3 I think, and very few complaints. I think I had my 182 GPOs at -1.2, I liked them there but I had suspension issues with them and sold the skis to N1CK thinking they were too stiff for me before I realized the problem stemmed from my worn boots running out of flex and hitting a wall.

N1CK, do you still have those or did you move them along?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Interested Muggy...and others

I've got some 184 Freerides that I'll throw in the mix as well

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    On the topic of mount points, I definitely preferred my GPOs -1 to -1.5 behind the line. In the line I experienced a bit of tip dive, behind they’re perfect
    Thanks! Can I ask what your bsl is?

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    The more I fuck with mount points and bindings the more I'm realizing how much both boot forward lean, boot ramp angle, and binding ramp delta can play a role in mount points. But yeah as N1CK mentioned, if you go into the GPO thread or Praxis 18-19 Superthread then you'll see a pretty big range of mount points on the GPO from +1 to -3 I think, and very few complaints. I think I had my 182 GPOs at -1.2, I liked them there but I had suspension issues with them and sold the skis to N1CK thinking they were too stiff for me before I realized the problem stemmed from my worn boots running out of flex and hitting a wall.

N1CK, do you still have those or did you move them along?
    I agree, and I think it's why I struggle with forward mount points. I should calculate what my exact number is (fwd lean + boot ramp + binding delta). I had actually bought a pair of Atomic Hawx Ultra to play around with forward lean, but didn't like them out of the box so returned them.

Just reached out to Keith to talk skis and maybe some customs.

He mentioned no custom sale this year and that the struggle to stay in business continues

Current focus is he as a one-man show is using his in stock materials to make skis and needs to sell them at full price to stay afloat

Just thought I’d share this here

He did a say he’d be making some wood veneer stock GPO options, which I what i am interested in, possibly got the wife and I.

Thought I’d share here as the maggots have been staunch and supporters of Praxis

Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Horse View Post
    Thanks! Can I ask what your bsl is?
    295mm BSL. So if I had a bigger boots I maybe ever prefer them closer to -2cm

I did ski my original pair on the lined first then moved them back to -1.5 and much preferred them there

My GPOs with the Abominable Snowman graphic are such a great ad for Praxis! I get so many callouts and questions. Love to talk up Praxis

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    295mm BSL. So if I had a bigger boots I maybe ever prefer them closer to -2cm

I did ski my original pair on the lined first then moved them back to -1.5 and much preferred them there
    Great info. I'm 294, so this is a good comparison. I guess if I went -1.5 it would make it easier to go back to the line if I should for some reason want to try that. Or vice versa.

Cheap Veneer 187 GPOs:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=356904

i put my brother on my 94’s today at norquay. they were “intuitive, lively, lots of fun.” conditions were shit fuck frozen moguls with a bit of slop at the bottom where it was warmer.

i think there will be another praxis skier in the house next year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3082.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	491168

a+ scenery
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Just reached out to Keith to talk skis and maybe some customs.

He mentioned no custom sale this year and that the struggle to stay in business continues

Current focus is he as a one-man show is using his in stock materials to make skis and needs to sell them at full price to stay afloat

Just thought I’d share this here

He did a say he’d be making some wood veneer stock GPO options, which I what i am interested in, possibly got the wife and I.

Thought I’d share here as the maggots have been staunch and supporters of Praxis

Thanks for the heads up. Just pulled the trigger on some MVP 108s, as I was waiting for the custom sale.

Anyone on the slugger? I need a new western daily driver- aiming for heavy ish, damp, 100 ish waist. A nice middle ground of something that can edge well enough on firm/hard pack days but not totally locked in tail, semi chargy. Love my GPOs so thought the slugger looks like a good complement.

Yup. I’ve been on the Sluuger 175 cm version and have posted a little about it in the various praxis threads.

Very capable all rounder

New version has veneer top sheet stick and no carbon

I bought a new version as a backup for my older pair

Same dimensions, only difference is carbon taken out and veneer top sheet

Thx hoarhey, I'll dig around. Yeah, this are interesting and would like to support Keith

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Anyone on the slugger? I need a new western daily driver- aiming for heavy ish, damp, 100 ish waist. A nice middle ground of something that can edge well enough on firm/hard pack days but not totally locked in tail, semi chargy. Love my GPOs so thought the slugger looks like a good complement.
    I skied a friend's 185 Slugger for one run and was very impressed. It engaged well but broke free nicely. Ripped groomers and bumps equally well. It did feel like it was mounted a bit forward for my taste (true for every Praxis ski I've tried: GPO, Rx, SND), so personally I'd consider mounting -1 to -2. The big difference with those other skis is that I didn't feel like I'd love them even if I messed with the mount point, but I'm pretty sure I'd have a blast with the Slugger as a DD.

^^^ helpful, thx

I’ve skied mine at -1 cm and they felt a hair forward there for groomers, but just right for technical steeps.

Last edited by hoarhey; 04-21-2024 at 02:43 PM.