Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1217
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Got a second on a train so I thought I would spend a bit longer writing about the food and hospitality at Mountain Lodge Sedrun.

First, the food: perhaps the best way to describe it is it's like if you were eating at your Italian Grandma's house, and that Grandma was an excellent cook and your uncle is always there and always has amazing wine to go with it. We ate exceptionally well - everything was delicious, well-seasoned, and generously portioned. Every meal was memorable, quite a few were truly incredible.

After mrs shroom talked up Vendul's pizza for a few days, stbmrstgapp was consumed with obsession. "It's unlike any pizza I've ever had" mrs shroom explained. "It's absolutely delicious, you won't ever have anything like it, it's a total highlight". After that, every night stbmrstgapp would ask "is there pizza tonight? is tonight pizza night?" and plan any of her midday meals around the elusive possibility of pizza.

On our last night here, we had the most delicious mushroom ravioli of my life. As I was taking a bite, I looked over at stbmrstgapp, on the verge of tears, enviously eyeing alias's grom's pizza. "i had ravioli today because we might be having pizza tonight" she told me - "I heard that sometimes pregnant women can become emotionally attached to food and I never thought it would be me, but I am absolutely, irrationally devastated that I don't have pizza." I was hesitant to ask Michele - they had an absolutely packed dining room, and dinner service was well underway, but Michele and Serena are nothing if not phenomenal hosts, and within minutes stbmrstgapp was eating "the very best pizza of her life" according to her. Whether that was the pregnancy hormones talking or the actual truth is possibly up for debate, but it was absolutely amazing (and totally unique) pizza.

On the hospitality note: it's been said before, and I'll say it again: Michele, Serena, Stavros, and Alice were spectacular hosts who went above and beyond to make this trip truly memorable.

I will probably add more later, but from the very bottom of my heart, thank you all for making this trip happen for me. My cup is overflowing, my legs are sore asf, and my Google cloud storage is running out after so many pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks for your encouragement on my failed attemp on the tour. It was nice to meet you and all the other kooks.

All what tgapp said x100

Zurich seems like a really cool city. Sternen Grill with the spiciest mustard I've ever had. So good. Lots of people out and about on a pleasant Saturday evening.

congrats to stbmrstgapp/tgapp!

Keep the photos and stories coming

Tonight was pizza night!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3646.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	641.3 KB 
ID:	489894

Name:	IMG_3647.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	597.6 KB 
ID:	489895

Got damn, I've only looked at a quarter of the posts in this thread since you all arrived there and I am so envious! Way to go everyone, what a trip to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I got bukake’d by Splügen.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Lmao. Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Tonight was pizza night!

Name:	IMG_3646.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	641.3 KB 
ID:	489894

Name:	IMG_3647.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	597.6 KB 
ID:	489895
    Sad to have missed Pizza night. 🤤

Name:	20240304_151827.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	489951

Thanks again for the great trip yall!

Quote Originally Posted by thedeepend View Post

Name:	20240304_151827.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	489951Thanks again for the great trip yall!
    Bear with me on this...Andreus, the guide; Buster flipping the trgz high sign right behind him, 2 guyz avoiding the Polizei..., Charlie don't mothafuckiin ​surf, LeoK, Lindenle, Mizz Shroom looking rockstar, Yeahman, Alias_rice, Chuckles-EuroBBI24 macro grom, JackAttack, Tgapp bemused, Carvehard jazzing up the partay, Swerve says High, Duffman and Master Shroom staying stealthy...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-11-2024 at 01:51 PM. Reason: identity confirmationz

Dear Friends,
    As last ones of you are leaving a strong storm is finally moving in.
    I just finished turning on the fireplace, because I already know that the group coming in tonight will not be hanging around the stinky Boot room waxing (thanks Djongo) skies and drinking beer and I now have a few minutes to myself and it’s now starting to sink in.
    I'm filled with a mixture of nostalgia and gratitude. The laughter and the shared love for skiing have left an indelible mark on this place.
    To each and every one of you, whether you're a first-time visitor or a returning guest, Serena and I want to say thank you!!! Your presence has brought warmth and joy to our lodge….It’s simply the best time of the year to be around here.
    A special note of appreciation goes out to those who helped organize this gathering, Bruce, Scott, Chris and so on… until the obvious last one: Brian. Your efforts behind the scenes ensured that everything ran smoothly and unforgettable memories on and off the slopes are now made
    As I look around at the empty rooms and quiet hallways, I feel a sense of solitude, but I know that these spaces will be soon filled with the memories we've made together., each moment shared here will be cherished for years to come.
    With deepest gratitude,
    Serena and Michele
    And fuck it's nuking outside!!!

Awesome! What a trip you all had! Maybe one day I'll make it over there. Looks like more fun than should be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Dear Friends,
    I just finished turning on the fireplace, because I already know that the group coming in tonight will not be hanging around the stinky Boot room waxing (thanks Djongo) skies and drinking beer and I now have a few minutes to myself and it’s now starting to sink in.
    I'm filled with a mixture of nostalgia and gratitude. The laughter and the shared love for skiing have left an indelible mark on this place.
    To each and every one of you, whether you're a first-time visitor or a returning guest, Serena and I want to say thank you!!! Your presence has brought warmth and joy to our lodge….It’s simply the best time of the year to be around here.
    A special note of appreciation goes out to those who helped organize this gathering, Bruce, Scott, Chris and so on… until the obvious last one: Brian. Your efforts behind the scenes ensured that everything ran smoothly and unforgettable memories on and off the slopes are now made
    As I look around at the empty rooms and quiet hallways, I feel a sense of solitude, but I know that these spaces will be soon filled with the memories we've made together., each moment shared here will be cherished for years to come.
    With deepest gratitude,
    Serena and Michele
    Thanks again for an excellent trip Michele and Serena! The staff were awesome and professional. The food was delicious (sad I missed pizza night though). Your mountain knowledge was always on point. Splugen was a blast and we appreciate you making it happen. See you again!
    Bill

Dear Friends,
    With deepest gratitude,
    Serena and Michele
    You know by now, that you are basically part of my family. Thanks for another great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    maybe Yeahman?
    Yup. The views that first day on the Gemstock pretty much blew my mind.

Vendul-- thanks for everything, I'll be back! Sorry about the passport panic, it somehow slipped off the desk while packing and fell into my avy pack behind my shovel! Fricking miracle that I found it in the least likely place!

Thanks for sharing y’all. Looks amazing!

Dear Friends,
    With deepest gratitude,
    Serena and Michele

nominated for post of the year. !

skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

All time day at Corvatsch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1764.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	553.2 KB 
ID:	490133  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Dear Friends,
    With deepest gratitude,
    Serena and Michele
    I’m on a teeny tiny screen trying to put big feelings out.

I may fail here.

Serena and Michele craft an unparalleled warmth and screaming good time in one swell f00p. Just all the sweetness and life rolled into infinite pow daze, killer drinks and food. A feeling of belonging.

I fail to convey all the boiling love and madness.

Just -__the_best__

Thank you so much mtnlodge
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wow. Fucking WOW!

What a hella trip this has been.

I began with a handle of mags in Klosters, had a long, beautiful stay in Rueras with Vendul and his Special lady friend Serena, and finishing it all out tomorrow with Buster, Swerve and Carvehard here in Celerina/St. Moritz.

All 3 venues had some great aspects, some so-so and a few minor hurdles. All things considered tho, the bumps were no big deal but the highs were screeching.

Remember the walk down to the Mt. Lodge with your gear; and the departure sadness.
    Looking around to remember.

Don't forget the place, the sound of church bells, the sight of the Swiss Alps in your face, the aroma and flavors of delicious food, fine wine and delicious brews witcho bros, the feel of soft snow or a sudden rollover that delivers a fucking stellar turn for the ages.

Forget me not: the lack of visibility, chundery snow and loads of mank. Euroskiers strewn everywhere and FDB's aaaaall over the friggin place. Learning to french fry at 10,000'. WTF Gus, gooniegoogoo.
    Alas, some not too cheap food but who fuckin cares? I enjoyed spending the money I earned. I mostly enjoyed spending myself into small debt. J/k

I value highly my time skiing with Alias_rice and his son Charlie...Chuckles to me from here on out.
    He was a smiler. Even in the face of a choice Italian chef who made him a nice hamburger most/every? night.
    He also skied pretty much everywhere we wanted to go. He's an Alta kid so, nuff said.
    He's a go'er for sure.
    Only once did he not ride with us, after he got whipsawed hucking his lil smoky.

I think he needed to regroup and cuss a little. Sorry Dad, I'm a bad influencer.

And his Dad's my bro. What a fucking Ace Chuckles has for a Father. Keep it up C., hope to ski ya soon.

Skiing was almost always a challenge on some level. Low to No viz was def a theme...can anyone say FLAT LIGHT?

Good Lord we had some freaky light days. Flat on the front of the roller and greybird on the downside.
    The savvier amongst eventually hung back to watch the others drop over first. It barely helped. It was laughably hard to see, much less ski.
    But we had Pow, glorious pow on one day.

As part of the inclusive room package, Vendul rented vans and about 20 of us rallied over to Splugen International ski resort. there's an umlaut in there...
    I kid, it's tiny. But it skies like a big mofo. Seriously.

We split into maybe 4 or 5 groups, and each went their own way. It was slightly weathery and just under freezing temps.
    Most of this trip hovered above 32*.

I'm gonna say the snow was anywhere from 8-20" deep with pockets into the 36" range. Thighs to hip deep in the holes and waves.
    It was a superb pow day and just what the Dr. ordered for this BBI24 crew.

On the way home, Vendul took the scenic route for us. Holy shize! What a stunning place this is. Many of us looked at a fucking hillside barn or shed and said something like " I could live there, no sweat ". It's the kind of place one might give up a lot for.

Switzerland.

Got dam.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, so much more.

Well done everybody!

You’ve got me starting to dream/scheme for next year… hoping it’s Alive in ‘25!

Name:	IMG_1333.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	278.6 KB 
ID:	490149

Don't know what I could add to what's been said, but I echo it all. What an awesome place, awesome hosts, and fantastic group. I never did get everyone's name and username, but that's ok, there were a lot of us! But the people I did get to hang out with were stellar. And it was so fun to go out and ski with a few people and run into others and join up, or go into a lodge to grab a bite and find a table full of our motley crew already there. Or even after leaving, running into yeahman at my hotel in Zurich, or Alex (username?) at the Zurich airport the next morning.

And Splugening all over the place was all time fun. Full on pow day without any urgency, ski at your own pace until the legs gave out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The view from my room

Name:	PXL_20240304_072657797-X2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	605.1 KB 
ID:	490162

Crew waiting for the train

Name:	PXL_20240307_072801698-X2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	676.5 KB 
ID:	490163

Top of the Gemstock

Name:	PXL_20240307_094310685-X2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	665.3 KB 
ID:	490164

Riding up the Gemstock, the number of lines is insane

Name:	PXL_20240307_103453582-X2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	501.5 KB 
ID:	490165

Just a friendly little bar to grab some delicious food and the strongest irish coffee ever

Name:	PXL_20240307_132049223-X2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	565.9 KB 
ID:	490167

Crazy cocktail at the Chedi
    Name:  PXL_20240307_150426563-X2.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  339.0 KB

Goodbye Switzerland, I'll be back!
    Name:  PXL_20240309_153911465-X2.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  302.4 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I saw this art recently and thought of this thread.

Name:  FullSizeRender_VSCO 3.JPG
Views: 405
Size:  199.0 KB

Again - good to see you all have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I saw this art recently and thought of this thread.

Name:  FullSizeRender_VSCO 3.JPG
Views: 405
Size:  199.0 KB

Again - good to see you all have a great time.
    Cover of the latest NobRot mag, I believe. Right up Buster's straße.

I didn't drink to excess in Switzerland TBH. Stayed out of the bars except for one day when we skied to the bar in Hospental after the Gemstock. A couple times I grabbed a can of lager for the train ride back to the lodge at the end of the day, which was very relaxing. At the lodge I usually had a couple of the house beers, a lager and an IPA which were excellent. Apparently vendul has the beer made in Germany from his own recipes that he used when he ran a restaurant or brewery or something? He can correct me on that if he wants. But in any case I really liked his beers at the lodge. I've never been much of a lager guy but this trip may have started my conversion. These beers all tasted unexpectedly good to me.