Duke PT thoughts and brake width

Found a great deal on PT12's. I'm tempted to grab some for some new Hoji's for a all around soft snow setup.

I can get 100 or 125 brakes. I'm curious which is the better call for a 112 ski or if I'm just barking up the wrong tree.

This would replace my BC120's with Shift 13's. I've kinda lost confidence to ski them in-resort after some questionable releases.

It's that or CAST. Decisions, decisions.

PT12 has the shitty all-plastic heel piece from Squire binding. You can check out Squire reviews. I wouldn't trust that.

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    PT12 has the shitty all-plastic heel piece from Squire binding. You can check out Squire reviews. I wouldn't trust that.
    Thank you for the input. I was planning for CAST, but I'd love to use my alpine boots and touring boots and the BSL is different. Not a huge issue to adjust, but not as easy as the PT or Shift.

If you need more beef and have extra Griffons, just use those heels on the PT12 baseplates.

16's are $439 right now, also. Hmmmmm.... Still a fair amount cheaper than CAST and easier to dial for different BSL's.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    16's are $439 right now, also. Hmmmmm.... Still a fair amount cheaper than CAST and easier to dial for different BSL's.
    I have zero complaints with Duke PT 12s on my slack ski (I don't smash resort laps in em though, but maybe steeps on the way home), except that all resort skis have Pivots, so the extra delta on the Duke PTs is annoying to switch to.
    If you're on Pivots or another flatish binding I'd go CAST, otherwise, maybe those 16s?

I would at least take the offer to switch the heel to the griffon.

I have a pair of 12's on cochise 106's and the 100 brakes just barely fit

Get the 16s. Worth it. I hammer the fuck out of mine. I have them on two pairs of skis, and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Get the 16s. Worth it. I hammer the fuck out of mine. I have them on two pairs of skis, and have never had a problem.
    Same. No issues with the 16s at all. Ski em a ton inbounds. The 100mm brake goes to about 105mm max. I have 100mm on 104mm Ravens and not much room. Perfect binding for the Raven as I like to ski them inbounds a lot, but then can do a quick tour if I want. The Hoji hole skins are so tiny they can fit in a pocket easy.

I also finally got a CAST setup late last spring that I have not yet skied. So can compare CAST to the Duke PT 16 this winter. Expect them to be pretty comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 08-21-2023 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Same. No issues with the 16s at all. Ski em a ton inbounds. The 100mm brake goes to about 105mm max. I have 100mm on 104mm Ravens and not much room. Perfect binding for the Raven as I like to ski them inbounds a lot, but then can do a quick tour if I want. The Hoji hole skins are so tiny they can fit in a pocket easy.

I also finally got a CAST setup late last spring that I have not yet skied. So can compare CAST to the Duke PT 16 this winter. Expect them to be pretty comparable.

Would you throw a pic of the 100mm brake on there?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Duke PT thoughts and brake width

Here’s a 100mm Duke PT 16 brake on the 104mm waisted 184cm Ravens (brake doesn’t catch or rub at all but it’s so close):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4730.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	468887
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4729.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	882.1 KB 
ID:	468888

Last edited by kc_7777; 09-03-2023 at 11:09 AM.