Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

When Danno suggested a new thread I didn't realize the draft was in 2 days. Damn. I guess it's time to get it started. Nuggets have never played past May before so who knew?

May whoever wins have as much class during their parade as Denver did. Which is exactly zero class. Make us proud.

Go Nuggs! All-star Jamal?

Congratulations to Mike Malone for not taking his shirt off during the JR Smith tribute parade.
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Biggest attraction in Denver these days, by artist Detour:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0258.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	462464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0261.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	462465

Dumpster fire predictions for 23-24?

Someone talk Harden into leaving......please?

Denver are the clear favorites right now, but winning back to back is really hard.

Also, that Phoenix trade to get Beal kinda seems like a trainwreck unless he transforms as a player (not ruling this out, but he'd better be cool with his usage rate dropping significantly). One of the worst contracts in the league IMO and now they're just stuck with what they have for a few seasons and can only sign guys at the vet minimum. They were already lacking depth and now they have even less.

I don't have an opinion yet on the Warriors for obvious reasons - need to see how it'll shake out with the roster.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    I'm curious, do you think it will be addition by subtraction? That him leaving will make the team better? He may not be worth the money they'd have to pay him, but they won't have cap room to replace him, and I don't think they're better without him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Denver are the clear favorites right now, but winning back to back is really hard.

Also, that Phoenix trade to get Beal kinda seems like a trainwreck unless he transforms as a player (not ruling this out, but he'd better be cool with his usage rate dropping significantly). One of the worst contracts in the league IMO and now they're just stuck with what they have for a few seasons and can only sign guys at the vet minimum. They were already lacking depth and now they have even less.

I don't have an opinion yet on the Warriors for obvious reasons - need to see how it'll shake out with the roster.
    Agree with all this. But I do think the Suns trade Ayton. Wonder what they get back? Frees up 33mil. Who takes him?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm curious, do you think it will be addition by subtraction? That him leaving will make the team better? He may not be worth the money they'd have to pay him, but they won't have cap room to replace him, and I don't think they're better without him.
    Heh. No better, no worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Congratulations to Mike Malone for not taking his shirt off during the JR Smith tribute parade.
    He did get a cool tattoo haha

Name:  mmtat.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  90.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Agree with all this. But I do think the Suns trade Ayton. Wonder what they get back? Frees up 33mil. Who takes him?
    When the player you have to go through is a 7' behemoth, not sure trading a guy who should help with that is a good idea. Still, Ayton shrunk from the task last month so maybe they think a warm body with energy like Landale is a better choice.

If you're on some other team, how much would you give up for Ayton. He doesn't seem to have a high motor and he seemed to sulk a lot.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Some say JR's shirt is still out there, missing.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    what else are the sixers other options? overpay fred van vleet? I could actually see FVV since his obvious ties to Nurse. so maybe there's something there, but FVV is not the answer. Plus i can't see FVV on a close to max and toby on a max on the same team. That means Harden resigns with the sixers, the houston talk is probably to try to drive up value and maybe to keep the NBA off their back as Harden did do a contract restructure less than a year ago to help the sixers free up cap space, which to me means he's gonna get paid. Unfortunately, I think he signs a long-term contract for something less than max, but that's just my guess.

I'm hoping to see some movement between now and draft night. It would be sweet to see some players get traded if teams decide they should move up in the draft.

Are the portland fans ready to see the blazers go youth movement and move dame? I hope Dame gets moved to a contender (sign-n-trade for harden? lol) and portland gets a haul in return that helps the franchise rebound quickly.

I don't think the suns will be able to trade Ayton, unless they want to sell low. Plus they need a big. I'd probably give Vogel a stab at coaching him and hope he gets him to play a different role other than what he wants to do all the time, shoot 3s and be a perimeter center. It will be interesting to see how the Suns superteam plays out that's for sure

Victor Wembanyama's hand

Name:  FzGQ0_ZaMAAJqfR.0.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  36.4 KB

Trade brewing, Celtics give up Brogdon and get Porzingis, Brogdon goes to the Clippers who give up Morris and a 1st to the Wiz.

Trade brewing, Celtics give up Brogdon and get Porzingis, Brogdon goes to the Clippers who give up Morris and a 1st to the Wiz.
    At first this kinda seemed bizarre, but maybe I get it a little. Boston doubles down on Smart and adds an outside shooting big and shot blocker, Washington starts stockpiling firsts. Clippers get a real PG to pair with Leonard and George for not a ton of cash (22mil) which is just over what Morris is making. But they are still pretty far over the cap right? More moves coming?

Also the Nuggets just traded picks again, this time with Indiana, and now own 29, 32 and 37 in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    At first this kinda seemed bizarre, but maybe I get it a little. Boston doubles down on Smart and adds an outside shooting big and shot blocker, Washington starts stockpiling firsts. Clippers get a real PG to pair with Leonard and George for not a ton of cash (22mil) which is just over what Morris is making. But they are still pretty far over the cap right? More moves coming?
    I dont get it. Brogdon is an asset. Give up Grant Williams. I like him but he seemed a little poisonous to team cohesion. Or give up Smart. One or the other.

I think this makes Boston better for sure, and maybe puts them over the top. Porzongis is underrated and gives them some serious presence inside.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Victor Wembanyama's hand

Name:  FzGQ0_ZaMAAJqfR.0.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  36.4 KB
    Yabbut ..... that hand's on a match stick arm.

Agree Porzingis makes the Celtics better. Good move by the Celtics.

Phoenix on the other hand I don’t understand. Could be wrong, but Ayton’s contract is going to be hard to move. Beal’s best days are behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yabbut ..... that hand's on a match stick arm.
    Name:  1995-96-Collectors-Choice-Kevin-Garnett-RC-275.jpeg
Views: 940
Size:  116.1 KB

Name:	MV5BMTUxODg1Nzg5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMzMjkwMw@@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	725.7 KB 
ID:	462544

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 6.37.31 PM.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	462545

Name:	wembenyama.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	782.0 KB 
ID:	462546

Seems fine.
    Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 06-21-2023 at 07:19 PM.

I honestly thought Boston would move Brogdon or Smart to get CP3. He'd be a great fit there as they keep cycling through point guards (Kemba, Brogdon, etc.). And as a guard heavy team they could run him light and try to keep him healthy for when it matters. And his experience would probably bode well for the younger guys.

Porzingas - who has both been overrated and underrated - does not put Boston over the top.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I honestly thought Boston would move Brogdon or Smart to get CP3. He'd be a great fit there as they keep cycling through point guards (Kemba, Brogdon, etc.). And as a guard heavy team they could run him light and try to keep him healthy for when it matters. And his experience would probably bode well for the younger guys.
    This is an interesting take and I think a very good one. Paul could steady that ship. They have horses, just need someone to keep everyone calm.

I don't want Paul. Not only is the injury prone thing a problem, but he's too slow. For the Celtics to maximize their strengths, they should be running.