Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Feels like they realized an early tournament "championship" was about the most they can achieve with those old bodies. Wheels gonna start falling off pretty quick after over-performing. I can respect the strategy, at least a little: done't have the legs for a whole season, so blow it all early, claim co-championship for the season while finishing 15 games out for the real play-offs. It's almost conspiracy worthy.

I wanted to see the pacers win the in season tourney but I’m also a fan of lebron so I was happy to see him win it and add to his legacy. Crazy to see how productive he is this late in his career

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Feels like they realized an early tournament "championship" was about the most they can achieve with those old bodies. Wheels gonna start falling off pretty quick after over-performing. I can respect the strategy, at least a little: done't have the legs for a whole season, so blow it all early, claim co-championship for the season while finishing 15 games out for the real play-offs. It's almost conspiracy worthy.
    Hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I wanted to see the pacers win the in season tourney but I’m also a fan of lebron so I was happy to see him win it and add to his legacy. Crazy to see how productive he is this late in his career
    I would not call myself a LeBron fan, but I absolutely appreciate the unicorn quality of his current performance.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Draymond Green, oops I did it again...
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

How long will the suspension be this time? And how vociferously will he be defended in this thread this time?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

I’ve checked out on this thread because of so many absurd takes from people who don’t really watch games, but don’t worry, I won’t be defending Draymond on this one. WTF dude?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Dude is just a jackass liability at this point, straight up. GS should cut him.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Kick him out of the league....talk about ruining whatever legacy you had. He's not even playing basketball at this point. Mentally unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I’ve checked out on this thread because of so many absurd takes from people who don’t really watch games, but don’t worry, I won’t be defending Draymond on this one. WTF dude?
    Oh I was expecting you to deflect from Draymond and do the “what about” game on some other player who is definitely not nearly as dirty.

Just say you were wrong, everyone else was right, Draymond Green is a complete jackass, and he probably helped win big games by mucking it up, being tough, playing defense. It’s not mutually exclusive.
    Decisions Decisions

GS has some real problems, and Draymond is just one of them. But you gotta wonder how much his distraction is causing the issues with Klay and Wiggy. In the meantime they need to just cut Draymond and let him fill out his inevitable 30 on 30 episode.

They can't cut him, they just signed him to a long and expensive extension.

Dude is a psychopath, they need to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How long will the suspension be this time? And how vociferously will he be defended in this thread this time?
    These incidents are my favorite part of this thread by a mile.

In other news the Cavs couldn't defend the foul line and lost a close one to your Celts last night Danno. Rematch in a couple days.
    I still call it The Jake.

Cavs looked good. Coming off a late flight in didn’t help them at the end of the game. One of the more entertaining games I’ve watched this year. Look forward to the next one.

I'll waltz out my 10 game prediction again. Logic says it has to be more than five this go round.

The real story is Wiggins and Klay! got benched last night for the final possession down 3. Kerr then threw serious shade postgame to twist the knife. Wild.
    Live Free or Die

What's the pistons deal....coaching?? Thought they had a nice young squad.

They can't cut him, they just signed him to a long and expensive extension.
    I bet they are stoked that they just signed him to a $100 million/4-year deal. At least they're saving some money with all the suspensions, technicals and ejections this year.

What's the o/u on number of games suspended this time around? I'm thinking 15.....

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I bet they are stoked that they just signed him to a $100 million/4-year deal. At least they're saving some money with all the suspensions, technicals and ejections this year.

What's the o/u on number of games suspended this time around? I'm thinking 15.....
    I am thinking 5, but given past performance 10 is not out of line at all. But hey what do I know, Tahoe J is the only one who watches basketball around here.
    Edited to fix my dyslexic post.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by teleee; 12-13-2023 at 12:18 PM.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

On the one hand, 10 seems like the right number, given his past. But Dray will argue that this play was accidental and it's hard to prove it's not. It's nothing like choking out Rudy. Another random player would likely get no games for an incident like this, whereas I think ANY player would at least have gotten a game for the Rudy incident. So while 10 was my initial thought, I am now thinking 5, unless slow mo video of the hand shows a clenched fist (I haven't seen good enough video to say about that).

I saw some better video (still none slow-mo focused on his hand) that leads me to think it will be more than 5. Imma go with 8 for now.

I saw some better video (still none slow-mo focused on his hand) that leads me to think it will be more than 5. Imma go with 8 for now.
    I think there might be a base suspension for what he did and then a repeater tax on top of it. Clearly I have no idea what the ruling will be, but I'm kinda thinking more like 15 games.

Edit: I can't figure out how the spin could be explained as a "basketball move." Which makes it pretty bad.

I could live with a lifetime suspension and a partial refund on his contract by the League for the Ws.

Yes, I do indeed live in a fantasy land.

I should have put the O/U at 10 games it seems.....

Hard to say what the number of games will land on but I think 10+. It doesn't help his cause that this is the 3rd incident in about 30 games dating back to last year's playoffs; stomping on Sabonis, choking Gobert, and roundhouse smacking Nurkic. Funny at the start of the season Draymond went out of his way to say how the vibes were so much better with Poole out of the locker room this year in San Fran, but I bet the vibes ain't that good now, and he's a large part of that deterioration. (and obviously a large part of the bad vibes last season)

He's been ejected 3 times in 15 games. Last night was just bizarre. There was no "basketball move". He was being a dick. He probably cost the team the game. His antics have cost the team a lot. Too much at this point IMO. The team needs to do something.