Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Tipflation?!?!

Slave culture

Ratings-flation seems tangential to tipflation. I stopped filling the surveys for the service departments at auto dealers. They hound you if you don't fill it out, however, sucks to be them. They expect a 10. Look if I don't get a blowjob and don't have to pay my bill, I'm not rating my routine maintenance a 10, even if it's done perfectly. A 10 is for over and above. Plus, there's nobody at this dealership that I want a blowjob from, even for free. And if you give them anything less then a 10, corporate chews the dealership a new one and the manager calls you up and whines about how he wasn't given a chance to fix the problem. I've probably complained about this before, however, it's fresh. Subaru just barely stopped bothering me about a survey from a November visit and now they are sending emails for my most recent visit.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Ratings-flation seems tangential to tipflation. I stopped filling the surveys for the service departments at auto dealers. They hound you if you don't fill it out, however, sucks to be them. They expect a 10. Look if I don't get a blowjob and don't have to pay my bill, I'm not rating my routine maintenance a 10, even if it's done perfectly. A 10 is for over and above. Plus, there's nobody at this dealership that I want a blowjob from, even for free. And if you give them anything less then a 10, corporate chews the dealership a new one and the manager calls you up and whines about how he wasn't given a chance to fix the problem. I've probably complained about this before, however, it's fresh. Subaru just barely stopped bothering me about a survey from a November visit and now they are sending emails for my most recent visit.
    Begs the question, why are you going to the car dealership for blowjobs?

Ratings-flation seems tangential to tipflation.
    True, TRUE! Nowadays, EVERYBODY hounds you for a survey. From the cashiers at every store shop at to plumbers to HVAC guys and everybody in between. Had some windows replaced recently and they started bugging me for surveys before the job even got done. "How would you rate your salesperson?" etc. After ignoring every stupid text and e-mail, a manager called me and I told them I wasn't going to do it until the job was completed. Doy. Call customer service and you're met with a "Please remain on the line after the call for a brief survey!" How about GFY! I've kind of stopped bothering with these stupid surveys all together. I'm over it. Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I mean....why not expect a free blow job if you drop wads of cash at a Service which is not a fun purchase per se. A purchase that does not make you happy. Car maintenance is not buying skis.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I value my time so I only do surveys if I get paid or they knock down the price.

I don’t value my time and I still don’t do surveys.

They never pay or knock down the price, so the result is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I mean....why not expect a free blow job if you drop wads of cash at a Service which is not a fun purchase per se. A purchase that does not make you happy. Car maintenance is not buying skis.
    In this case, it's figurative. For a 10, I expect something of value, in excess of what I am paying, that represents a net loss to the business, and the only satisfaction they will get from it is seeing me happy.

Someone gave a local Ford dealership my email address when they bought a vehicle. Honest mistake I think, they seem to have done this a few times and must have an email address close to mine. No big deal until I started getting the customer satisfaction surveys when they brought it in for maintenance. They will hound you if you don't answer the survey and I wasn't able to unsubscribe.

Finally I found an email address for the service manager, told him I was having a really shitty experience with their spam meant for someone else, and would start using the surveys to express my displeasure if I continued to get them. Never saw another survey from that dealer again.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I agree with that 100%.

Coworker today from the South was talking about the low minimum wage in the Southern states makes for better service due to the requisite effort for tips…. Or is it just the “southern hospitality” culture….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wow, I would feel so fucked coming to and approving of that conclusion. We have traveled extensively in Europe and I really appreciate the fact that everyday service may be a bit slow, but the people make a living wage and what's the fucking hurry?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I did not tip for a new bong. This shit is getting beyond ridiculous.

one little binger, brighten up your day.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

In my youth long ago I delivered pizzas over Christmas maybe for a total of 2 weeks. Because of that awesome experience I tend to tip well.
    That being said, as mentioned here where does it stop? I'm not tipping at the grocery store when I get asked on the card machine, shit you should pay me I did all the work.
    I see lots of people on here saying they tip their ski shop people (I'm guessing boot fitters/ski techs for the most part?)
    Really? Because in almost 40 years of ski industry employment I can possibly count on one hand the number of times I've been tipped. Maybe it's the terrible service?

side track...
    We used to joke the tech gets 10% of any winnings when there was prize money, I have a friend that used to smuggle cash home in specially modified wax trays from his athletes WC winnings, a not unsubstantial amount. Is that a tip or a commission I wonder?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Someone gave a local Ford dealership my email address when they bought a vehicle. Honest mistake I think, they seem to have done this a few times and must have an email address close to mine. .
    We found a long lost branch of my family that way--misaddressed email. We have an unusual name.

"You can't pay me what I'm worth 'cause I don't work that cheap." Bill Kirchen

As far as ratings--I rate the way they do in gymnastics--start at 10 and deduct from there. I suppose you shouldn't get a perfect rating just for doing your job without messing anything up but my expectations are pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I suppose you shouldn't get a perfect rating just for doing your job without messing anything up but my expectations are pretty low.
    Ya, my expectations are very high given the price of everything these days. I start at 0, and add.

Well, with tipflation run amok, this classic scene has aged like a fine wine:

In the end how did it work out for Mr. Pink? Or any of them? Shoulda tipped more.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ya gotta buy them somewhere and, well, they're the dealer right? They also have a big compressor so...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We found a long lost branch of my family that way--misaddressed email. We have an unusual name.

"You can't pay me what I'm worth 'cause I don't work that cheap." Bill Kirchen

As far as ratings--I rate the way they do in gymnastics--start at 10 and deduct from there. I suppose you shouldn't get a perfect rating just for doing your job without messing anything up but my expectations are pretty low.
    No shit? That's pretty cool
    Ha! I resemble that remark
    That's how I handle it too (if I even bother filling it out). I rejiggered my expectations a few days after 11/8/16 and have kept them low ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    True, TRUE! Nowadays, EVERYBODY hounds you for a survey. From the cashiers at every store shop at to plumbers to HVAC guys and everybody in between. Had some windows replaced recently and they started bugging me for surveys before the job even got done. "How would you rate your salesperson?" etc. After ignoring every stupid text and e-mail, a manager called me and I told them I wasn't going to do it until the job was completed. Doy. Call customer service and you're met with a "Please remain on the line after the call for a brief survey!" How about GFY! I've kind of stopped bothering with these stupid surveys all together. I'm over it. Ain't nobody got time for dat!
    What if the person requesting the survey was pregnant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    What if the person requesting the survey was pregnant?
    She wouldn't have to do the survey from behind her 35k farm stove, duh!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Bubbly Water. (La Croix, Waterloo, Bubly, Polar, etc). I swear to god they must have colluded, offerings went from an industry standard 12 Pack on most shelves to now having 8 Packs be the standard. But the prices have stayed the same, basically.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    She wouldn't have to do the survey from behind her 35k farm stove, duh!
    Hahahaha. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Bubbly Water. (La Croix, Waterloo, Bubly, Polar, etc). I swear to god they must have colluded, offerings went from an industry standard 12 Pack on most shelves to now having 8 Packs be the standard. But the prices have stayed the same, basically.
    Yeah, totally. That’s shrinkflation.

I hope Bobby and Ashlee are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    one little binger, brighten up your day.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Shit that annoys you. When you actually find 12 packs of the fizzy water you want it's like discovering King Tut's tomb.
    I still call it The Jake.

My wife was drinking 4-6 can of fizzy water a day so I bought her a SodaStream 2 years ago and she hasn’t bought a can since (unless we are out of the house). They have Bubly flavor drops and most grocery stores and pharmacies exchange the Co2 cartridges. Highly recommend