Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BOA Alpine

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Not exactly. A "normal" BOA in a snowboard boot could be anywhere from a 10 minute job to a 3 hour job, depending on whether you can thread the cable internally in the boot. The new H+i1 is 10 minutes every time. This season we've probably fixed about 30 snowboard BOA boots, we've only done 1 BOA ski boot and we've sold quite a few.
    Ok, I don't have experience on snowboard boots. Just wading shoes where it's super easy to just change the wire. Assumed that it would be same on ski boots since wire is outside.

Lähetetty minun LYA-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Not exactly. A "normal" BOA in a snowboard boot could be anywhere from a 10 minute job to a 3 hour job, depending on whether you can thread the cable internally in the boot. The new H+i1 is 10 minutes every time. This season we've probably fixed about 30 snowboard BOA boots, we've only done 1 BOA ski boot and we've sold quite a few.
    For the last 20 years, I exclusively ran BOA snowboard boots. Maybe luck, but I've broken 1 cable in that time. It was a 10 min fix.

The ski boots appear far more simple. I have no concern about being able to repair them. I am curious how they'll take abuse. Trees, snowmobile rails, etc. It's a big knob, but it's pretty well tucked up. I wouldn't have grabbed them if I was really concerned.

The knob is also designed to pop off and not to break. So it’ll just hang off the system until you stick it back on

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    After cracking my Salomon S/max's this weekend, I checked out the S/Pro Supra with BOA. The boot fitter said Solly combined the S/Max and S/Pro into the Supra. I think those boots differ by the instep (could be wrong). I have one wide foot and have to go with a narrow boot or the other foot is swimming. Had a LOT of work on my S/Max's - 6-8 trips to the fitter to get them dialed. The Supra with BOA felt great right out of the box on BOTH feet. Would prob need to shave the boot board on one boot a hair but otherwise both felt great.

Before trying them on, I had the same thought as above - what problem is this solving? How is it different than buckles? The BOA appears to allow you to shrink the last to your foot width. For someone with two different lasts, it felt great. That said - I'm more than a little reluctant to spend $750 on new ski tech. Would love to hear some real world experience.
    UPDATE: After trying on a few more boots, I went with a LV 4 buckle boot (and punching my 1 wide foot) over the Supra with BOA. While the BOA looks like a good out of the box option, I had better heal hold with a narrow lasted boot.