Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Worth it to swap Warden 13 to sth2 13 toe pieces? For a lighter female skier who skis hard and is getting into freeride comps
    Anyone have time on both toe designs?

I have both and the only thing I can notice is the slightly different delta and that sths look cooler.

Worth it to swap Warden 13 to sth2 13 toe pieces? For a lighter female skier who skis hard and is getting into freeride comps
    I have both Warden 13 and STH 16 mounted on similar size skis (100ish mm). Haven't noticed any real difference skiing them.

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    Is there a reason that you specifically settled on SPX rockerace? Pretty sure there are DIY fixes to both of those problems, but the juice probably isn’t worth the squeeze when there are solid stock options that would work just as well at a similar/better price point (and some of them even come in green)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much because I really like everything about the pivot 15/18 but I want more BSL flexibility: With the solid, one piece toe with nothing to adjust but the din, this seems like the next best thing.
    Green is cool, but I was just pointing out that the greens aren't on the site with the better price - I'd get the white/blues.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Arild had been looking at mounting those on flat skis. Apparently some guys on SkiTalk have done it.
    Yes I saw it as well on SkiTalk. I gave it a try and went all the way and mounted them on flat skis without the plate. I also did interchange SPX brakes with the housing of the rockerrace brakes as seen on SkiTalk. That was also quite easy. As a result I have a green rockerrace with 120mm brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jakezee View Post
    Pretty much because I really like everything about the pivot 15/18 but I want more BSL flexibility: With the solid, one piece toe with nothing to adjust but the din, this seems like the next best thing.
    Green is cool, but I was just pointing out that the greens aren't on the site with the better price - I'd get the white/blues.
    FWIW, next years Pivot 15 has a new heel design with more BSL adjustment range (don’t recall how much more).

Alpine bindings - current best?

FWIW, next years Pivot 15 has a new heel design with more BSL adjustment range (don’t recall how much more).
    More than 7-8 mm Wow weird Still a pivot fan

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by whyturn; 01-23-2024 at 09:08 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

STH2 toe has way more elasticity than the Warden, which barely grabs the boot lug with the toe wing rollers. Only need to drill two holes to make the change. It's a personal thing, but I hated the almost-flat ramp on the Warden (when using ZeroG boot) and ditched them for Griffon ID for use with both alpine and AT boots.

Quote Originally Posted by jakezee View Post
    Hmmm...this is in the description: "Its only compatible with R22-plate-equipped skis and ISO 5355 A boots."
    I mounted a pair of Rockerace-15 flat on Katana 108 with no issues. The R22 plate is a couple mm higher in the toe area than the heel, which means the toe wings won't push the boot lug down against the AFD quite as firmly as if the binding was mounted on the plate (the longer the boot sole, they less of an effect), but I don't notice any slop.

https://www.skitalk.com/threads/upda...ot-info.32928/
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 01-24-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Boy— that was a lot of talk for “I don’t know how to stab the tail of my ski into the snow in order to click in when in powder.”

This is what happens when your shop guys spend more time in the shop than on the hill.

Yes, we need shop rats. But Jesus Christ.

We’re skiing over here.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Boy— that was a lot of talk for “I don’t know how to stab the tail of my ski into the snow in order to click in when in powder.”

This is what happens when your shop guys spend more time in the shop than on the hill.

Yes, we need shop rats. But Jesus Christ.

We’re skiing over here.

Haha. I never understood that knock on pivots - isn't this the preferred method for any binding in pow? If I'm up to my nuts in snow there's no way I'm getting my foot high enough to click into a flat ski.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    STH2 toe has way more elasticity than the Warden, which barely grabs the boot lug with the toe wing rollers. Only need to drill two holes to make the change. It's a personal thing, but I hated the almost-flat ramp on the Warden and ditched them for Griffon ID for use with both alpine and AT boots.
    Interesting, but Warden 13 has 5mm delta and Griffon has 3mm (GripWalk soles, Griffon will have more with ISO 9523 soles). I have tons of days on both Wardens and STH2's and don't notice a difference.

^ With alpine boots, true, not much of a difference in ramp.

But with ZeroG or other AT boot, the Warden toe wings are adjusted way up. In a Griffon ID, the AFD is adjusted way down. Big difference in AT boot toe height.

Markers look lame as hell.

sth and pivots look cool.

pivots ski the best.

clearly not my opinion, just a sky is blue fact.