Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ^Split kook!
    Speaking of:

"Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    This was money beta, thank you!! Had a great ski up Big Pine today. Crazy how casual some folks are about starting late. Some people heading up when we were finishing, seems nuts. Done by noon was about right today.
    SFB was looking extra tasty when I exited the North Fork on Saturday...
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Looking to get some beta on Tioga pass and the Tuolumne ski hut. Anyone been up the pass? How sketchy is it between Warren Fork and Ellery? Is the ski hut still unlocked after the rangers leave? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    This was money beta, thank you!! Had a great ski up Big Pine today. Crazy how casual some folks are about starting late. Some people heading up when we were finishing, seems nuts. Done by noon was about right today.
    Hell ya. Glad you got out there.

Corn ruiners be damned

Any recent beta on Rock Creek Road?

Skied pinner yesterday. Climbed up the couloir, on top at 8 30. Huge runnel in the middle, pretty much the entire could except for the top 1000 ft. Choke is burned out, mashed for a couple of interesting moves on wet granite, even better with crampons up, and ski boots on the way down.
    Couloir skied like it had big bumps. Not the best conditions, made worse by forgetting the skins and ski crampons on the apron, which made for an extra hour of hiking back.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Temps are brutal I’ve given up on anything except north to west and there ready early, I dropped a NW line today at 10:15 and I could have been earlier, didn’t need crampons at all booting up

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Temps are brutal I’ve given up on anything except north to west and there ready early, I dropped a NW line today at 10:15 and I could have been earlier, didn’t need crampons at all booting up
    In Tahoe?

Planning on skiing halls of god tomorrow around 10 on top.

Quote Originally Posted by jskierpx View Post
    Speaking of:

Great stuff jskierpx

Anyone been up Tuttle Creek toward Langley who knows conditions and how hard it is to get past avy debris low in the canyon?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    In Tahoe?

Planning on skiing halls of god tomorrow around 10 on top.

I’ve been on the east side for the last 5 days but I skied hall of the gods two days in a row last Monday and Tuesday on those days 11:15 was the magic time, not sure about now as I’ve been away for awhile.

Just posted a video in the Tahoe thread

Quote Originally Posted by jskierpx View Post
    Speaking of:

^^awesome.

Echo the sentiment that the east side has been almost too hot and it’s tough to get on anything that isn’t NNW facing.

On that note, we tried to do Pete’s dream yesterday and it was WAY too warm and loose at the top. Didn’t seem like it got any re-freeze and gets a lot more sun than the aspect would have one assume. We consoled ourselves with the couloir lookers left of Carson bowl.

Recognizing warm temps and thunderstorms were conspiring against us this weekend, we decided to check out fern grotto this morning. Didn’t seem like it got a re-freeze last night but the lower 2/3rds were nice.

Good times.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6214.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	459657

Name:	IMG_6301.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	459658

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Kids today, all they talk about is big air. I say, stay on the mountain, that's where the action is. If you want big air, pull my finger." ~Smooth Johnson~

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    I’ve been on the east side for the last 5 days but I skied hall of the gods two days in a row last Monday and Tuesday on those days 11:15 was the magic time, not sure about now as I’ve been away for awhile.

Just posted a video in the Tahoe thread
    Did you go from fallen leaf lake?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupdoc View Post
    I drove up there after dinner tonight. It’s gated 5 1/2 miles from 395. If it doesn’t look like a threat of thunderstorms that have rolled in shortly after noon the last two days I might ride my bike up the road after skiing tomorrow seems like you could go a long ways

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupdoc View Post
    Here is Rock Creek Canyon from top of Wheeler Crest on Friday. Road looks plowed beyond Rock Creek Lake, seems like they could at least open to pack station.

Name:	348254154_1274671899924424_6741082154025129318_n.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	571.7 KB 
ID:	459685

Le Tits stoke all! Le Sierra is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by sfskier View Post
    Anyone been up Tuttle Creek toward Langley who knows conditions and how hard it is to get past avy debris low in the canyon?
    I skied it late April, we walked to about 7800, from there the debris provided coverage that was helpful getting up (and down) for a few hundred feet until we worked our way to the north side of the creek and up a snow covered slope. That slope was getting thin at that time.

Thanks TahoeBC and enlosandes

Was house sitting in Crowley lake for a few days. Seemed too hot for solar aspects and decided I should probably go with something with north in it.

Putting my scope on Esha as I drove into town it looked loaded and figured Esha would be a good first choice to familiarize my self to the area as I’ve never skied around here. guy from Vegas who topped out at the same time as me, wife’s pole broke on the way up. He gave one of his poles to his wife who skied down and climbed the rest and skied down with only one pole.

While on top of Esha I transitioned very quickly as it was time to ski, took a few quick summit photos. Looking at them that evening a solar line off Mount Aggie caught my eye, was solar but figured I try a early start and if it didn’t work out I’d go for the NW wine glass coolie if it looked clean. I wasn’t able to top out on Aggie and pulled the plug at 8:15 due to it being too hot and post holing deeply. It did give me a view into another NW line off Esha that looked shiny and decided to try it out. Ended up with 7200 feet of vert by the time I got back to the car.

While making my way back to the car the previous day I got a good look into wine glass with the sun on it. Frankly it looked a bit junky to me besides getting a bunch of traffic. Another line near it caught my eye so I went to explore it, glad I did!

While on Aggie a face really caught my eye, I guess it could be considered part of the Baldwin cirque. So yesterday I decided to go get it.

Last night my friends decided to come back today, so I figured I’d get one more ski in this morning but woke up with no energy left and I can’t even remember the last day I didn’t ski, so pulled the plug and drove back to Tahoe today, cool zone I’d like to explore more for sure

Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    For those of you in the area this week, Dave Nettle will be giving a presentation on backcountry skiing then and now at my bar in June Lake on Wednesday at 7:30pm. Dave is a total bad ass, a funny storyteller and has been ski touring since most of us have been in diapers.
    Man I wish I coulda made it to this. I just met Dave at hut trip to Alexandra lodge in BC back in Feb, and I second everything you said. Legend!!

TahoeBC, careful, you might have to change your username...