You got this Kenny.

++++
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Good to hear Kenny. Keep keepin on.
    This
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Keep on keeping on

Sister-in-law, age 67, is experiencing cognitive problems. Shocking how fast it is developing. My brother has a tough road ahead of him.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

We noticed some cognitive decline in my Sis-in-law at 59 in 2021. She has an MBA, traveled to 60 different counties and has taught English in Columbia, Dubai, and in China as recently as the beggining of the pandemic.

The decline has been so severe that less than 2 yrs later she now needs full time assistance. She came up for a visit last week to give her partner a break and because travel won't happen much longer. She is showering 3-4x/day and night, needing the bathroom and then needing to brush teeth it seems 20x/day and night (and needing the water blasting on high during both). Needing help to get into bed and position correctly, waking up in the night and crying out because she can't find where the door is in the room she's sleeping to get out of to go to the bathroom.

It is beyond heartbreaking to see her entire world reduced to such a small space.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    We noticed some cognitive decline in my Sis-in-law at 59 in 2021. She has an MBA, traveled to 60 different counties and has taught English in Columbia, Dubai, and in China as recently as the beggining of the pandemic.

The decline has been so severe that less than 2 yrs later she now needs full time assistance. She came up for a visit last week to give her partner a break and because travel won't happen much longer. She is showering 3-4x/day and night, needing the bathroom and then needing to brush teeth it seems 20x/day and night (and needing the water blasting on high during both). Needing help to get into bed and position correctly, waking up in the night and crying out because she can't find where the door is in the room she's sleeping to get out of to go to the bathroom.

It is beyond heartbreaking to see her entire world reduced to such a small space.
    Damn, I'm really sorry. My mom's mom had it for her last 4 years or so. We were lucky that she was already in an amazing assisted living facility with her husband that had resources to support them but it was really hard on my mom and her sisters, I can't imagine how hard it would have been if they weren't already living in assisted living. I remember my mom telling me one time the part she didn't expect was that it started to make her second guess all the times she forgot something or was absent minded and whether they were somehow early signs.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Vibes Mofro.

I listened to an interesting interview with Jon Krakauer yesterday from a couple years ago. One thing he said is that he had a pressurized bottle of nitrogen in his home for he and/or his wife to use to end their lives relatively peacefully (and without making a big mess for those left behind) should they ever be onset with Alzheimer's. I've done a bit more research and it sounds like a plausible plan. The key is to not let the dementia progress to the point where you can't remember how to use the nitrogen, where you stored it, etc.

Well, to be fair, that's pretty much the key to any chosen method of self-euthanasia.
    N2 actually sounds pretty desirable. Especially compared to CO2. Accidentally found my self in a CO2 environment, scared the shit out of me and painful as fuck.

Vibes to all who have to go through this. I just found out one of my dearest friends has only a week or two left. He’s been in hospice for a few months. So sad to see how fast he just fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Vibes to all who have to go through this. I just found out one of my dearest friends has only a week or two left. He’s been in hospice for a few months. So sad to see how fast he just fell apart.
    So sorry about your friend.

It's heartbreaking when you live with it day in and day out. You see the slow progression speed up at times and it seems everytime I think it's slowing down the inevitable is happening because she's just getting worse. Fuck this awful soul sucking and undignified regression of the mind. No one deserves this.

My heart breaks for all of you going thru this.
    My grandfather started down this road at 88. Big strong guy, tough as nails, high climber in the woods and paid to hunt Bigfoot in No Cal (and was in on the hoax from the get go). Watching the slow demise of a childhood hero was so hard.

@mofro, your SIL’s behavior sounds so much like my mom when cancer metastasized to her brain. Again so heartbreaking.

Wishing all of you peace and strength as you deal with this scourge.

TBS, that’s about when it started with my grandfather. He was a rigger and faller, drove logs down the Pend Oreille in the’20s. Worked mill ponds. It was so sad when he started his decline fortunately it was pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My FIL is more than 5 years into the dementia thing now and there's very little of who he was left. Most of the time he just babbles, the rest of the time he says the same thing over and over until it turns into babbling again. Being a Holocaust survivor all (what's left of) his brain knows how to do is survive so his body just keeps plodding along. He's 97 and in pretty good health considering... This sux to watch and he's about to outlive his benefits that help to cover it. There's no way we can swing over $12k/mo so he might have to leave the facility he's at and move back into our house which will mean we can never leave the house together again and I'll have to do things nobody should ever have to do like hold his dick when he pees.

Good news update.

Turns out Maria does not have Alzheimer's although she tested positive for all the markers. To this date she has no plaque whatsoever. When we 1st told it was a 6 to 8 year death sentence due to her age. The young the more aggressive it is.

Turns out she Frontal Cordial Atrophy. Still Dementia but that weight of watching her die slowing is gone.

Thanks to Dr. Mary Newport's protocol she has been responding and I also have a nutralpath that is now healing the damage. We realized it all started 2 years after her fillings we've changed. It took an MRI technician to ask if she worked with heavy metals. I said no but he told me you better look into it. when another naturopath ask the question about fillings removed it was like a light goes.

Now with the guy that started her on natural meds is now working on detoxing her brain and it seems to be working. She's remember more. Joking she hasn't in 4 plus years.

Even if she does improve further I'm happy with her current state. After 14 months of no intimacy she is now more affectionate and we final made love. She stays in the moment because in the past she alway said "no I don't feel comfortable" so never ever have I pushed her to do something she isn't ready for.

I'm on cloud nine right but I'm aware it could all go south at any given time. I'll take what I can get because I'm happier now because she's showing her old self.

BTW if anyone wants to do a video chat with Victor the Naturopath DM me. He's on another level and if not for him I would be lost.✌️
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Congratulations Ken! So great to hear positive news!

Good to hear Satch.

Lost my mom to Frontal lobe dementia. For the last 8 years of her life, she was unable to stand, walk, talk, feed herself, take care of herself in any way, show emotion or make any sounds, other than a very occasional grunt. She reminded me of Capt. Pike sitting in that chair, but without any means of noticeable understanding, or communication. We tried to make her life more comfortable, but it was the saddest thing that I ever have experienced.
    FUCK ALZHEIMER"S and all of its subsets and ramifications. ...at least, when she died, there was almost a feeling of relief. I lost her long before she was placed in the casket.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 03-07-2024 at 10:10 AM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Hoooorah!!
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

So happy to hear this, Satch. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Great news, Satch! So how are the metal fillings associated exactly? Just wanted to be aware
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Thank you everyone.

@hikesalot if not done right by removing all the dust they may cause damage to the brain or central nervous system.

I've done the research and some say it's conclusive other not so much. Since we started doing a protocol to detox her, it made me a believer. Her results speaks volumes for me.

I forgot to add that she also received an experimental low dose of CT radiation to he frontal lobe and it did help.
    Between hospitals and nature approaches it's given her more help than either one alone.

Awesome news Kenny! (though I am chuckling at the juxtaposition of the thread title and your story)

Here’s hoping for more good news!