Check Out Our Shop
Page 74 of 149 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3701
    Quote Originally Posted by hardkorps View Post
    Big Dude If you'd like to say thanks and donate to ASP check out their nonprofit website amazingskiandsnowpeople.org http://https://www.amazingskiandsnowpeople.org/
    Letters to Alta saying a heartfelt thankyou mean a lot to the patrollers as well. It also feels good to know exactly how a case turned out especially when it is a good result. ASP is the best glad you were in the right place to receive that care. Could've been way worse even if you were downtown!
    Donation done and yesterday I called Dispatch to give them an update and thank them for what they did. Andrew, Ryan, Broski (?) and a fourth I did not get his name

Fourth guy was Matt Leri, the patrol director.

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Almost forgot; the GINORMOUS cock n balls on the Superior apron was fucking hilarious!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Here is a guy that owes Alta Ski Patrol not the normal 12 pack at year end but a keg party. Last Thursday morning I was on the way to Thirds headed to Eddies when my right arm suddenly, in an instant went limb. I was half way up the first side step, I sat down and waited for someone. 30 seconds later a guy comes around the corner and I holler, get patrol I am having a stroke.
    The sudden contrast of TGR posts is always amusing - Glad to hear you got good customer service, bigdude!

Damn bigdude, scary af. Glad it worked out ok.

Enjoying all the stoke in here!

Stellar day at Alta. Superhero grauple. Keyhole at 230 was a killer ended

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Hey all, sorry for the anti-stoke, but annoying question about the red snake. I'm coming in with the 9yo boy likely for 5-7 days around Mar 31 or April 1 or 2 (still trying to nail down details) The past few years, we started staying up canyon at the Cliff with the family trips because we had 2 kids younger kids and the idea of trying to drive up and get them all set in ski school seemed like a heroic undertaking. This trip its just the two of us, and the 9 yo is skiing most of the mountain w me , so the ski school issue is not a factor. I'm tempted to stay down toward cottonwood heights this time, also so I can get the boy over to Soli and such , and could probably extend our trip a few days without having to spend the $$$ on the Cliff. But seeing the various red snake horror stories this season has me second guessing this plan. At this point in the year, is the drive still going to likely suck if there's any fresh? Is it late enough that some of the traffic is dying down? Is SLCs local spring break around this time or is it a different week?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Hey all, sorry for the anti-stoke, but annoying question about the red snake. I'm coming in with the 9yo boy likely for 5-7 days around Mar 31 or April 1 or 2 (still trying to nail down details) The past few years, we started staying up canyon at the Cliff with the family trips because we had 2 kids younger kids and the idea of trying to drive up and get them all set in ski school seemed like a heroic undertaking. This trip its just the two of us, and the 9 yo is skiing most of the mountain w me , so the ski school issue is not a factor. I'm tempted to stay down toward cottonwood heights this time, also so I can get the boy over to Soli and such , and could probably extend our trip a few days without having to spend the $$$ on the Cliff. But seeing the various red snake horror stories this season has me second guessing this plan. At this point in the year, is the drive still going to likely suck if there's any fresh? Is it late enough that some of the traffic is dying down? Is SLCs local spring break around this time or is it a different week?
    It's hard to say. Generally BCC week days are not horrible traffic wise, but I think if it snows you need to be on the road before 8 to get a parking spot. If I had to guess that will continue to be the case, and weekends will continue to be on the road earlier to avoid sitting in traffic getting frustrated as you watch people try to cut the traffic line from all directions.

Typically it lets up mid march, but this year doesn't seem typical - Solitude lot has been filling pretty much every day. A couple anecdotes from this weekend.
    - Saturday there was 6" reported overnight. I left my place in Cottonwood Heights 6:30 and got into Solitude lot at 7:30. Most of the slowdown was getting into the canyon, probably took 1/2 hour to get in. That's the earliest I hit congestion traffic this year, but it could have been caused by the gong show the previous weekend (dead stopped for an hour at 6:45 Saturday AM because of some blockage).
    - Today I left at 7:30 and cruised up; I was there at probably 8:05/8:10. Daylight savings and no fresh overnight might have impacted things, but unsure.

The only days that have very bad traffic in spring are weekend storm/pow days. Weekdays are a non-issue this late in the season, unless it has snowed a ridiculous amount. Beware of idiots crashing and causing delays when the road is slick, but that has been surprisingly rare this season (still happens somewhat regularly though).

That's awesome man nice work and heal up quick!!!
    People who live in Grass houses shouldn't get stoned ~Michner

[QUOTE=bigdude2468;6821192]Donation done and yesterday I called Dispatch to give them an update and thank them for what they did. Andrew, Ryan, Broski (?) and a fourth I did not get his name[/QUOTE
    Nice work man! Heal up quick and get back at it!!
    People who live in Grass houses shouldn't get stoned ~Michner

I'm coming in with the 9yo boy likely for 5-7 days around Mar 31 or April 1 or 2. Is SLCs local spring break around this time or is it a different week?
    Yes it’s spring break here that week FYI

ASP = Best in the Business! Glad for your self awareness Bigdude. Wishing you a full recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Damn bigdude, scary af. Glad it worked out ok.

Enjoying all the stoke in here!
    Same same. Glad you are ok bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Even if you don’t have the cheddar. There’s nothing like a hand written thank you note.
    It’s personal. And appreciated. It will be passed around and probably pinned on the wall for a while.
    This is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    It's hard to say. Generally BCC week days are not horrible traffic wise, but I think if it snows you need to be on the road before 8 to get a parking spot. If I had to guess that will continue to be the case, and weekends will continue to be on the road earlier to avoid sitting in traffic getting frustrated as you watch people try to cut the traffic line from all directions.

Typically it lets up mid march, but this year doesn't seem typical - Solitude lot has been filling pretty much every day. A couple anecdotes from this weekend.
    - Saturday there was 6" reported overnight. I left my place in Cottonwood Heights 6:30 and got into Solitude lot at 7:30. Most of the slowdown was getting into the canyon, probably took 1/2 hour to get in. That's the earliest I hit congestion traffic this year, but it could have been caused by the gong show the previous weekend (dead stopped for an hour at 6:45 Saturday AM because of some blockage).
    - Today I left at 7:30 and cruised up; I was there at probably 8:05/8:10. Daylight savings and no fresh overnight might have impacted things, but unsure.
    Thanks for the info. Obv I'm looking from afar, but it does seem crazy different this year (other than the kooks on bald tires crashing, that's timeless). I spent 10+ yrs staying in the valley every time, and only started staying in LCC once we had the kids with us. It was so relatively easy to get up and down then, but clearly the population and percent of population skiing has exploded.

If you’re ok with shorter ski days(kids and all) we’ve been having great luck heading to Alta around 9-10am, skiing till 330, and beating the downhill snake.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Big Dude! Stoked you're still with us! That's certainly a scary story and amazing how fast ASP were able to get ya to a hospital. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Yeah, just read that! Crazy story, and good on you for recognizing right away and A+ for ASP recognizing the urgency of the situation and moving so quickly! Vibes for a quick recovery, but sounds like the damage was minimized due to the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    If you’re ok with shorter ski days(kids and all) we’ve been having great luck heading to Alta around 9-10am, skiing till 330, and beating the downhill snake.

Good thoughts, Im probably overthinking this and it will be manageable, just as long as I dont need to rush back down on a Sat or Sun PM to catch a flight.

How has Soli been on the weekends this year crowd wise?

Like every other ikon resort, a fucking cluster fuck.

@ BigDude - Good on you for recognizing the signs and Glad your ok! Good Job ASP!
    @ Duffman - IMO its all about timing, if your not pow fevered wait out the rush and go up, if the storm is going to run into the return commute prep for a picnic in the parking lot if you want to ring the bell or head out at 330.

For me, I don't do lunch, I toss a PBJ in the pocket and once its consumed over the day I bang out. 5-6 hrs gets my rocks off.

This weekend definitely exceeded all expectations, I was full on anticipating a cement event with everything coming unglued....not the case. Friday was fast cream cheese at the Skiers Club and the wind wasnt as bad as it was at the bird apparently. Saturday was sleeper, decided to tour up Mineral Fork and it was a country club only saw 1 other party all day and the snow was fast and surfy and was stable all along the northern compass. Sunday - whhhhhhaaaat? Full parking lots, snow rolling and got essentially walk on lifts b/w the both resorts. MEGA.

Cheers to a weekend that exceeded all expectations, granted I set the bar so low I trip over it.
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Ive ridden solitude on some real sh*tf%ck canyon days and been relieved to generally not deal with liftlines. Everybody is fighting for the same parking spots these days, but theres only so many and uphill capacity is well matched to parking everywhere.

Someone said on the road by 8, Im gonna push back and say before 7. Go early and relax and wait for the lifts. Solitude has a nice base lodge with a fireplace and breakfast isnt a bad deal either.

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    Like every other ikon resort, a fucking cluster fuck.
    Well, yes and no. Canyon traffic and parking are indeed a cluster. But if you wisely navigate this situation, you’ll find that the mountain itself is not excessively crowded. Sure you’ll have lines to start the day as SSP does control work, but once they get stuff open (patience is KEY these days!) there are nearly no lift lines. The number of skiers on the mountain on any given day is severely limited by parking and canyon uphill capacity, and as a result, mountain congestion is rarely comparable to other “crowded ski areas”.

Which mountain are we talking about again….I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    Ive ridden solitude on some real sh*tf%ck canyon days and been relieved to generally not deal with liftlines. Everybody is fighting for the same parking spots these days, but theres only so many and uphill capacity is well matched to parking everywhere.

Someone said on the road by 8, Im gonna push back and say before 7. Go early and relax and wait for the lifts. Solitude has a nice base lodge with a fireplace and breakfast isnt a bad deal either.
    Yeah, this is a good plan. With the little one and the whole fam, getting up and out early is a cluster. With just the boy and I it should be easily doable

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Well, yes and no. Canyon traffic and parking are indeed a cluster. But if you wisely navigate this situation, you’ll find that the mountain itself is not excessively crowded. Sure you’ll have lines to start the day as SSP does control work, but once they get stuff open (patience is KEY these days!) there are nearly no lift lines. The number of skiers on the mountain on any given day is severely limited by parking and canyon uphill capacity, and as a result, mountain congestion is rarely comparable to other “crowded ski areas”.

Which mountain are we talking about again….I forget.
    ^^^^Yep. As long as all lifts are running, the only lift lines that are painful tend to be first thing in the morning and just after lunch (1ish pm). Outside of that, lines are very very manageable. And nothing like you would experience at a crowded CO or Tahoe resort.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar