Kastle Boots 2023

I'm sure that these are just re-branded something or others.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 11.28.53 AM.png 
Views:	256 
Size:	605.8 KB 
ID:	431365
    They look a lot like Lange boots to me.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I don’t understand what the idea for the boots is even supposed to be. I get why the dentists who like(d?) Kastles might like having cobranded boots, but otherwise what is Kastle bringing to boot design that Atomic, Head, Lange, Technica aren’t doing? Wide lasted 150 boots? On some level I think more different last designs sort of has to be better because it gives people more starting points for fitting, but that logic only plays if they are using their own lasts and molds.

Makes no sense to me. I miss the old Kastles that had a performance profile few of their customers could actually use.

I’d love to see the presentation where someone sold a senior exec and product director on the market needing a 150 flex consumer boot.

In the interest of clarification, because I was joking, I do think the “150” boot is part of their race collection and it looks like it has a 91.5 last.

I’m actually not sure that’s even good because at least a ~98 lasted 150 boot would be a different thing that, as far as I know, nobody makes. It would be a pretty useless thing for most people, but I can think of a niche application for euros who reportedly want to be seen in race boots but don’t want boot fitting for them.

It’s honestly mystifying to me why you’d launch an alpine boot line now without a pre-existing boot business. I know the conglomerate that owns Kastle is pretty big so maybe it already has a boot line and this is just a brand play for my hypothetical dentists trying to brand match hard goods?

I think I read that Kastle wanted to have a boot to offer a complete setup for WC racers. I;m sure it Euro marketing driven. I believe Roxa is doing the manufacturing. Agree that it looks like a Lange.

Given the domination of the Rossi/Lange race boots it’s not surprising there are copies showing up. The new Head race boots also look like

The Heads fit very differently than a Lange for what it's worth.

This is definitely driven by Europe. I also think that Kastle is the wealthy owner's toy project, maybe I just made that up???
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    This is definitely driven by Europe.
    Why, what else should it be?
    The company is located in Austria, 10km from here and the current owner is a Czech businessman and former ski racer.

Davenport mentioned in a podcast a few weeks ago that after Kastle had a euro invested come in that he started to see a lot of decisions being made that didn’t necessarily reflect the business model up until that point and that his specific feedback in his little niche of the brand had become almost entirely ignored. Hence the decision to move on from the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We brought some in. They fit/feel like a Lange(ish). The liners are very nice out of the box. They offer some protection from the Sport Cheks (and stores in Quebec) of the world that can't sell a boot for close to retail and discount inventory before winter even starts. Also refreshing is they are alpine based and not really offering a boot for the dude who is "thinking of touring" but never does. So far the response on the floor has been positive, they aren't going to replace Lange anytime soon but offer a viable alternative.
    And yes they came about because a bunch of euro racers tested skis and wanted to switch brands but none of the pool suppliers would give them boots not affiliated with their own ski, so if you have money I guess you just build a boot.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Ski essentials has a good review on the K130P.
    I think I might try a pair on

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    We brought some in. They fit/feel like a Lange(ish). The liners are very nice out of the box. They offer some protection from the Sport Cheks (and stores in Quebec) of the world that can't sell a boot for close to retail and discount inventory before winter even starts. Also refreshing is they are alpine based and not really offering a boot for the dude who is "thinking of touring" but never does. So far the response on the floor has been positive, they aren't going to replace Lange anytime soon but offer a viable alternative.
    And yes they came about because a bunch of euro racers tested skis and wanted to switch brands but none of the pool suppliers would give them boots not affiliated with their own ski, so if you have money I guess you just build a boot.
    How stiff is the 130p in your eyes? Stiffer than a RS140? I tried a pair of the heritage purple ones this year but they’re too soft for me so I just went right back to my plugs.
    I’d love to try a pair for less than $900 hehe

Also the plugs seem cool too, I’ve heard the 130 is pretty stiff compared to it’s counterparts aswell

Kastle Boots 2023

Talking to the guy at my hill who has a set, they’re similar to a lange LV RX/RS shell, but they might be a little wider in the ankle/heel, and more importantly, have more room in front at the bottom of the tib/fib, top of the instep/ankle area, so it’s easier to get your foot in, but might not be the fit your leg needs once in.

Seems to be a miracle for some feet though, and they seem good.

I can’t remember how he described the flex, but can remember it wasn’t terrible.