Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    If anyone else is out there reading this thread, you gotta reach out to Gary if you're even thinking of visiting Terrace and Shames. Lovely human- so welcoming!

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

I cherish my 2016 trip to Shames and stay at Skeena River House with Gary, XXX-er, and the rest.

It was a pretty powerful experience to ski Cherry Bowl with Brad Z. We stopped at the exact place where he had dug out the party of four from Whitehorse in 2013. He recounted the event with such clarity, tearing up and crying when telling of resuscitating the blue-faced folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I cherish my 2016 trip to Shames and stay at Skeena River House with Gary, XXX-er, and the rest.

It was a pretty powerful experience to ski Cherry Bowl with Brad Z. We stopped at the exact place where he had dug out the party of four from Whitehorse in 2013. He recounted the event with such clarity, tearing up and crying when telling of resuscitating the blue-faced folks.
    yeah that was fun and Skeena house was a really nice place to hang out
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

That's where I am right this minute...

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

I’m coming north in a few days. Hows coverage looking for the Schussboomer? Should I bring speeeed skis or will they get thrashed?

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    I’m coming north in a few days. Hows coverage looking for the Schussboomer? Should I bring speeeed skis or will they get thrashed?
    I been skiing my good GS skis all month so I would say lots of snow and there was a 10cm dump this AM

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I been skiing my good GS skis all month so I would say lots of snow and there was a 10cm dump this AM
    Nice Al. Gwat, hope you go fast, I miss the boomer.

Last day here at Shames. The whole crew up here did an amazing job this year. The community and businesses stepped up too. More stoke up here with dancey music and wicked bands than I've seen in years. I hear there's even a TGR crew up here. If course I haven't seen them so they must be avoiding me like the plague. It's like I must have dissed Jeremy Jones one time when I was drunk. Jesus I even rode a hovercraft board for like a decade. ... Anyway happy end of days to you all!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Nice Al. Gwat, hope you go fast, I miss the boomer.

Last day here at Shames. The whole crew up here did an amazing job this year. The community and businesses stepped up too. More stoke up here with dancey music and wicked bands than I've seen in years. I hear there's even a TGR crew up here. If course I haven't seen them so they must be avoiding me like the plague. It's like I must have dissed Jeremy Jones one time when I was drunk. Jesus I even rode a hovercraft board for like a decade. ... Anyway happy end of days to you all!
    yeah I think the TGR crew is in Burnie right now, they would have had a great bluebird ride in and hopefully also good weatehr for the rest of the week

as i understand it you were one of that eclectic crew of hard booting snow borders

I'm pretty sure I've seen you drunk more than one time

So the hill has closed for 2024, kind of a low snow but ok really

wind up on sunday with the slush pit and a band

I worked the slush pit rocking an ice rescue suit to fish out the almost-made-its,

Lots of fun and we didnt lose any body !