Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
    Haha thought I might tune in to the game for awhile but not much point after checking the score.

What a party Vegas will be for the next week…

Hope the guy who follows the Cup got a good night’s sleep.

Holy shit. Never a doubt about the Knights. Best team in the West. Never even sniffed an elimination game in the playoffs.

Eichel with a Cup before McDavid!

This ended well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3184.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	386.5 KB 
ID:	461882

Beat down! Go knights!
    Eichel and marchessault should play together the rest of their lives.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    He probably earned a suspension so that makes sense
    I hope he grows up. No doubt he would have been taking runs right up to the final horn. Was a much better game without him.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Beat down! Go knights!
    Eichel and marchessault should play together the rest of their lives.
    So happy for Eichel. Would have loved for him to stay in Buffalo but this is what he deserves.

Congrats to Columbus Blue Jacket legend Jonathan Quick.

Hope the guy who follows the Cup got a good night’s sleep.
    Glad to see Boris Johnson found a job he's good atl

Quote Originally Posted by atree View Post
    So happy for Eichel. Would have loved for him to stay in Buffalo but this is what he deserves.

Yeah, and thanks for sending Hasek to the Wings to get his cup.

I wonder if being very well rested when he relieved Brossoit in the second round helped Hill make it through the playoffs playing sharp. Bobrovsky looked like he was dead on his feet. I know he had a lot of rest before the finals but fatigue does add up. I've never played the position but the most tiring jobs for me are things like installing flooring where I'm back and forth between knees and feet.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Glad to see Boris Johnson found a job he's good atl

Yeah, and thanks for sending Hasek to the Wings to get his cup.

I wonder if being very well rested when he relieved Brossoit in the second round helped Hill make it through the playoffs playing sharp. Bobrovsky looked like he was dead on his feet. I know he had a lot of rest before the finals but fatigue does add up. I've never played the position but the most tiring jobs for me are things like installing flooring where I'm back and forth between knees and feet.
    I think it's playing for such a dominating team more than anything that helped Hill there. Put him on Carolina or Edmonton and he'll look like a normal shitty human I bet.

Vegas - holy hell that's a good team there. One thing that sucks living on the east coast is not being able to stay up late to see these western teams all that often.

Props to Vegas. That team is very well rounded and able to instantly take advantage of situations as they unfold on the ice. As an example last night, the short handed that led of the scoring. Florida was an inch from scoring and Vegas turned the play around and scored a shorty. That seemed really deflate the Panthers as they knew that they were outmatched and giving up the first goal would be very difficult to overcome.
    Had they been able to finish off the Panthers, it would have been very interesting to see how the Bruins would have stacked up against Vegas.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Had the Bruins been able to finish off the Panthers, it would have been very interesting to see how the Leafs would have stacked up against Vegas.
    Fixed that up for ya!

(they would've gotten clobbered)

Man Tkachuk had a broken sternum during game 4? Wild.

That hit from Kolesar probably sealed the Cup for Vegas if that’s what got him injured. He was basically their only weapon

Vegas destroyed the team that came back to beat Boston and dominated Carolina. Ya, FLA wasn't at full strength last night but the writing was already on the wall.

So is Hill the real deal or was he playing above his level this series/playoffs?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I think it's playing for such a dominating team more than anything that helped Hill there. Put him on Carolina or Edmonton and he'll look like a normal shitty human I bet.

Vegas - holy hell that's a good team there. One thing that sucks living on the east coast is not being able to stay up late to see these western teams all that often.
    Hill faced plenty of shots. Of course SOG doesn't tell the serious of the scoring attempt but of all the goals he allowed I can only think of one--the wrap around in game 1 I think where he was way out of position--that he should have stopped. (And he was way out of position when he made that spectacular save in game 1) And the great shot-blocking D--at least two goals against Hill were ricochets off VGK, including the double ricochet in game 4. Hill played just fine. Of course, goalies being goalies, next season he'll stink. But being an restricted free agent, he'll be stinking for a lot of money.

Hill was well coached--like the whole team. Lundquist made the point that Hill played best when he stayed on his line, didn't butterlly too soon and waited for the pucks to come to him. And after game 1 that's how he played.

It's amazing Tkachuk played with a broken sternum. The kind of force it takes to break your sternum is enough to tear your aorta. No amount of painkillers is going to help with it. Depending on the nature of the fracture it might also not have been smart--after all, the purpose of the sternum is to protect your heart and a broken one can't do that very well. I'm no fan but I would have like to see Vegas beat a healthy team. BTW, judging by the look on his face for the latter part of the series, Eichel wasn't feeling great either. (And how many of those Marchessault goals that got him MVP were direct passes from Eighel?)

NHL 2022-2023 Season

Yeah. I was wondering that about Eichel. About halfway through the Dallas series he essentially stopped shooting the puck. Some quick stuff near the net but hardly any clappers. I was wondering if he had a wrist or hand injury.

I sprained my wrist playing pickup hockey and weeks later I can barely shoot still.

Yeah. I was wondering that about Eichel. About halfway through the Dallas series he essentially stopped shooting the puck. Some quick stuff near the net but hardly any clappers. I was wondering if he had a wrist or hand injury.

I sprained my wrist playing pickup hockey and weeks later I can barely shoot still.
    He got hit pretty hard in his shoulder when he took that monster hit.

Man Tkachuk had a broken sternum during game 4? Wild.
    Ekblad apparently broke his foot back in the Boston series, then had two separate shoulder separations and suffered a torn oblique. Through all that he only missed one game. It never ceases to impress me what injuries guys will play through during a Cup run.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    Ekblad apparently broke his foot back in the Boston series, then had two separate shoulder separations and suffered a torn oblique. Through all that he only missed one game. It never ceases to impress me what injuries guys will play through during a Cup run.
    Yeah, it's wild. I was watching that "Quest for the Cup" show on ESPN, and they showed some guys doing rehab in the cold tub and they all had huge bruises all over their bodies from blocking shots. And that's just the minimum that happens to these guys.

lol that PR lady taking away his mic…

Since when is doing a Brad Marchand a thing?