• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 294 of 295 FirstFirst ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I know, its fun but I should be volunteering to feed homeless people, or at the animal shelter, or trying to cure cancer…

I’m open to suggestions. What do you do instead of wasting time on a niche sport forum?
    This is the first not dumb thing I've heard you say.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

The last four posts are brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    just quoted for digging further in with zero self-reflection

Post 6696 - identifies your ignoring direct responses to assert your own version of reality.

Each of the multiple references were to people corralling your baseless assertions here in this thread - and yet you still think you "stop by every few weeks to point out the obvious lunacy and dishonesty in your guys stances" [post 6693]

Conundrum supported his statement with citations that support his statement. Your attempted refutation was incorrect & unsupported. [ie, gaslighting = asserted alternate reality]

You make assertions based on how you feel they should be & then get called out on that not being reality.
    Then you double down and assert the poster providing evidence hasn't provided evidence when they have and dismiss them as emotionally needful of eliminating guns so they can live in their dream world [for clarity: that is making up an alternate reality for your own purposes & is exactly the quote in the top of this post]

You ask for citations, get them & them dismiss them without a countering citation upholding your position and then protesting you can't prove a negative
    Over and over...

Based on these repeated posts, we've learned that you don't read very well, and have little interest in learning or considering other information.
    citations, dude you just linked a bunch of posts of people acting smug. Only one haad anything like data. They were just opinions.

one was just someone syaing 'i already proved to you' when i can't find any such proof anywhere.

But ok, you sure have convinced me.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Leeroy I suspect your memory gets erased overnight because you seem incapable or remembering what was discussed yesterday.

So in response to all your “show me where” messages I’ll show you:

Go back and reread all of yesterday’s posts.

Specifically the ones that led up to me saying
    “the epitome of gaslighting is you saying “why are you talking about the subject that I brought up?! That’s not important!”

You’re welcome! It was super easy.

Why do I suspect you’ll instead make more entitled demands for mags to do the work for you?

Narcissism is a chronic state of entitlement. The narcissist owes the world nothing, while the world owes them everything.

Now who acts like that around here?
    No entitlement and narcissism aren't synonyms.. And again, the word narcissist, used colloquially, is meaningless, except when referring to NPD. but narcissistic traits are ussually desiring to control others, something you guys are in favor of, notme.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    wHAT ABOUT ARMING ILEGASL IMMIGRATNS? cAN WE ARM THEM YET>?

i think everyone who comes across the border should get a green card and an ar15. welcome to murrica heres yer green card heres your rifle.

and theres tons more sources. heresone. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...eath_in_the_us

thats why i linked to just the bing search results, they're all pretty good. nothing I would try to hide or anything.
    This is the source of the BMJ article that is the extrapolated data that many find inflated. Cool. I guess I'll keep doing my own research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I’ve contacted all these websites and psychologists and authors and let them know a super special genious will be reaching out to show them how wrong they are.

This is just the first page of results though so pace yourself Leeroy - we have to educate literally thousands here.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5993413/

For more than 20 years, Congress has deterred federal funding for gun violence research by including a provision known as the Dickey Amendment in annual appropriations legislation. The provision prohibits the use of federal funds to advocate or promote gun control.

With public interest in gun issues heightened after a series of notorious mass shootings and widespread student protests, Congress reached a compromise in passing an omnibus spending bill in March 2018. The Dickey Amendment has not gone away, but a report accompanying the spending bill clarifies that the amendment does not prohibit federal funding of research on the causes of gun violence. This compromise may help reduce the Dickey Amendment’s chilling effect on gun violence research, but it remains to be seen whether more funding will actually be devoted to such research.
    https://www.cdc.gov/violencepreventi...g%20people%3Ff

A couple tidbits

The University of California at Davis research team found that 1 in 4 youth live within a half mile of where at least one gun homicide happened in the past year... The team found significant mental health effects of this exposure to gun homicide.

University of Washington researchers... the research team found that youth who carry guns to school are at higher risk for having attacked someone. Eighty-four percent (84%) reported attacking someone with the idea of hurting them, compared to 51% of youth who carried a gun but not to school, and 23% of those who never carried a gun.

Northwestern University researchers studied data from young people arrested or detained in Cook County, Chicago, following up with them for more than 15 years into adulthood.

The research team found that more than 3 out of 4 boys and 3 out of 5 girls had been threatened with a weapon before age 18. Nearly one in 10 boys had been shot, with significant disparities —nearly 1 in 4 Hispanic male youth were injured by a gunshot before age 18.
    Going to be interesting what future results say now the the organizations responsible for this type of research can fund the research. There will be more data.

You should probably call the NRA and see if they can stop blocking medical malpractice data (joking here) or at least kick in some grant money. Now that Wayne is no longer on the tit, they probably have some cash laying around.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I wasn’t sure where best to post this, but figure this thread is as good as any:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88E69556-0DA2-4949-9CC5-675F0B9C994D.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	541.0 KB 
ID:	490441

Name:	47597E19-A9A9-4502-A6D0-E5DE67182AE1.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	397.9 KB 
ID:	490442

https://bsky.app/profile/kenwhite.bs.../3knmfljd4pl2f

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5993413/

https://www.cdc.gov/violencepreventi...g%20people%3Ff

A couple tidbits

Going to be interesting what future results say now the the organizations responsible for this type of research can fund the research. There will be more data.

You should probably call the NRA and see if they can stop blocking medical malpractice data (joking here) or at least kick in some grant money. Now that Wayne is no longer on the tit, they probably have some cash laying around.
    Theres tons of data on guns. way morethan there is on medical malpractice. Despite thegun industry supposedly being so great at preventing research into gun stats.

There is. yeah. except there is not. You getting paid by the hour or by the word?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I’ve contacted all these websites and psychologists and authors and let them know a super special genious will be reaching out to show them how wrong they are.

This is just the first page of results though so pace yourself Leeroy - we have to educate literally thousands here.
    I think you should probably buy me dinner. don't you think so?

Control is just as much a part of narcissism as entitlement is. I'm not the one who wants to control others, or, since you seem fixated on the word, feel entitled to expect to be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    There is. yeah. except there is not. You getting paid by the hour or by the word?
    What data on guns do you want? There seems to be tons more than there is on medical malpractice, especially for kids. Why do you think that is>?

I think you should probably buy me dinner. don't you think so?

Control is just as much a part of narcissism as entitlement is. I'm not the one who wants to control others, or, since you seem fixated on the word, feel entitled to expect to be able to.
    We’re gonna need lots of dinners. I’ve only gotten through page 1 of the Google results. How about you tackle the even numbered pages and I’ll do the odd ones. We should be done educating everyone there about your special genious level insights on how there’s no entitlement in narcissism within a week.

Then it’s on to medical schools, graduate programs in psychology…really any counseling or mental health program out there needs to know what you know.

We’ll put the SYSTEM on trial!

We’re gonna need lots of dinners. I’ve only gotten through page 1 of the Google results. How about you tackle the even numbered pages and I’ll do the odd ones. We should be done educating everyone there about your special genious level insights on how there’s no entitlement in narcissism within a week.

Then it’s on to medical schools, graduate programs in psychology…really any counseling or mental health program out there needs to know what you know.

We’ll put the SYSTEM on trial!
    I didn't say there was no entitlement to narcissism, just that they aren't synonyms. God, reading comprehension man. You guys are so eager to get triggered by me you don't even read. Desire to control others, and feeling like you have the right/duty to do so, is pretty central to narcissism, although noone with NPD checks ALL the traits. There are different flavors.

Where are you taking me for dinner?

I didn't say there was no entitlement to narcissism, just that they aren't synonyms. God, reading comprehension man. You guys are so eager to get triggered by me you don't even read. Desire to control others, and feeling like you have the right/duty to do so, is pretty central to narcissism, although noone with NPD checks ALL the traits. There are different flavors.

Um, laughing at you is not being ‘triggered’ by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Um, laughing at you is not being ‘triggered’ by you.
    If it involves you being so triggered your reading comprehension disapears, i'd say so.

Quote Originally Posted by the padded room piñata View Post
    If it involves you being so triggered your reading comprehension disapears, i'd say so.
    lol. What’s wrong with my reading comprehension, genious?

If only there was something we could do...

Point out where I said they were synonyms

I’m waiting…

See this is your obvious and transparent game.

You said “show me where I was gaslighting?”

I then did that in a post

You responded directly to my post by saying “No - narcissism and entitlement are not synonyms”

??????

Like seriously…wtf…no reply to me showing where you were gaslighting. Just a pivot to something I never said - and now you’re doubling and tripling down on it LOL

Hey dipshit - I know what narcissism is. I know what entitlement is. I know they aren’t synonyms. I know narcissists like you are often very entitled. They can’t stop demanding others prove their bullshit claims wrong

You might be used to getting away with confusing the people around you whenever your bullshit catches up to you - but I think you’re well out of your league on this forum.

And I’ll just cut you off now and post the proof before you chime in with your fake incredulity “that didn’t happen show me where?!”

Desire to control others, and feeling like you have the right/duty to do so, is pretty central to narcissism,
    I thought carrying a firearm/having quick access to a firearm was the ultimate way to control a situation. Especially in self defense and defense of others and freedom. Doesn't 2a give the right to do this?

https://twitter.com/LattinaBrown/sta...30156710904302

so this guy standing was clearly threatening the guy sitting

they end up fighting

the female friend stabs the big dude while small dude is pinned

fight is separated by good samaritan at that point

then big dude fishes a gun out of jacket and shoots smaller guy

-

police say big dude could possibly be the victim?!?! this is almost like zimmerman with a million chances to deescalate.

and i doubt that this maniac had a license but since Bruen it’s now legal to carry on the subway.

Some segment of the population will think procuring guns will solve the problem for themselves so we will have more gun violence as a result.

gun ownership has gone from 14.5% in 2020 to 19.5% in 2022

ccpermits from 200 pre Bruen to 6000 currently.

i am sad to say but the safe nyc i have known for virtually my whole life seems to be a memory. it’s not fair to blow one event out of proportion but this isn’t the first one this year and i don’t see any cause for optimism.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Local news is reporting the guy who pulled the gun had it taken away, and he is the one who ended up shot.

stabbed, shot, and jailed is almost too good for the aggressor. But I’ll take it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

moar guns is not moar better...

fact.

Guns = carnage. More guns, more carnage. Sickening.
    sigless.

Name:	IMG_7486.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	336.8 KB 
ID:	490652

Repete?
    watch out for snakes