Binding hole interference question (Rossi, Freerides)

I have some skis with Rossi Power 120s. I want to rip them off, put them on another ski, and put freerides on this ski. Does anyone know if the hole patterns are different enough so that I can mount the boots at the same boot center mark?

Or, is there no way to know until you try, and if I do try, and it fails, am I screwed?

mounting freerides why not just go 1cm back worst case? I wont be worried, you can make it work without too much change.

Put the Jig on the ski. Draw dots with a marker where the holes would fall, look at space between holes and then decide wheter the patterns are too close or not.

what ski? the reason i ask is a wood core ski can be plugged and you can redrill anywhere. i've mounted freerides on a ski that had rossi demos on it before and everything fit fine. the holes for the heel will be way behind the rossi's. the toe holes will be closer but not by more than 1cm.

Quote Originally Posted by AltaPowderDaze
    what ski? the reason i ask is a wood core ski can be plugged and you can redrill anywhere. i've mounted freerides on a ski that had rossi demos on it before and everything fit fine. the holes for the heel will be way behind the rossi's. the toe holes will be closer but not by more than 1cm.
    It would be a gotama, so yes wood core.

You can plug and partially drill back into that same hole? Sounds sketchy.

Z,

I don't want to change the mount point as it is perfect right now.

Quote Originally Posted by descender
    I remounted my Gotama's with freerides 1cm back because of interface problems at the toe from holes associated with Salomon bindings. You won't really notice the difference moving back 1cm. The bigger change is in how freerides ride as a binding as opposed to alpine clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by slim
    I remounted my Gotama's with freerides 1cm back because of interface problems at the toe from holes associated with Salomon bindings. You won't really notice the difference moving back 1cm. The bigger change is in how freerides ride as a binding as opposed to alpine clamps.
    Explain? Cause they are flatter? Or higher? Or looser? Or do they transform you into a hippy?

Explain? Cause they are flatter? Or higher? Or looser? Or do they transform you into a hippy?
    They are flatter, higher, and looser. They just feel different. They don't ski like alpine bindings. It takes some getting used to.

That said, I love my Gotama based touring rig. That also said, I will only ski my Gotama based touring rig inbounds when I have absolutely nothing else to ski inbounds... becaues of the freeride bindings.

Some people don't notice or don't care about the difference in feel between the bindings. I do. I'm not nearly as comfortable charging on my freerides as I am on alpine bindings.

It would be a gotama, so yes wood core.

You can plug and partially drill back into that same hole? Sounds sketchy.

Z,

less sketchy than mounting a foam core ski less than 1cm from an old hole.

i have two sets of freerides that are both still functional after quite a few days of both resort and bc skiing. i ski them hard all over the place but the place you are most likely to break them is on a kick turn while going up hill. they'll hold up to most of what you can do to them. mount them where you like them but i am sure you can get them very close to the same boot center mount w/o moving them. freerides don't have as finicky of a sweet spot that some alpines have. ski em and love em.

if anyone is looking for a starter set of freerides i may be retiring a set of mine. they work fine for what i do but after a certain # of days i wouldn't want to trust them in the steep no fall zones. powder touring is just fine though.

I did this last season and had no problems. The Freeride toe piece appears to have the holes farther forward and the Axial heel is more forward than any other binding I have used. Both bindings were centered mounted at the recommended spot on the ski.