Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Found a cheap pair of 184 Revolt 114's and need to get them out in some spring corn or hot pow for science.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Found a cheap pair of 184 Revolt 114's and need to get them out in some spring corn or hot pow for science.
    You need some Dukes on em.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

naedward81, you get on the M7s yet?

I demoed the M6s a while back, and they were so, so damn good. Wondering how much of a change the M7 will be.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoBright View Post
    naedward81, you get on the M7s yet?

I demoed the M6s a while back, and they were so, so damn good. Wondering how much of a change the M7 will be.
    Yep. Brought them to Bridger and skied them two days.

I moved the demo bindings up to the middle line.

I thought they engaged really well, found zero speed limit on them. Turns release easy and spring you to the next turn. It felt like the tips were softer than the M6, which might have made turn iniation easier. Ended up ripping soft groomers one day and they were a blast. I liked them a lot better than the M6.

2nd day on them was hard pack groomers and some ungroomed bumps. Easy to pivot in tight spots, predictable. The hard groomers they gripped. Only sketchy spots were iced over wind blown non groomed snow that made me question decisions on how fast I was going.

My buddy skied the 184 one day and was in love. He's a shop manager and was ready to order a pair for next year. He said they carved better than his Rustler 10.

I will say, I skied them on absolute Midwest boiler plate ice and I wasn't comfortable with the edge hold, tails seemed to release mid turn. I switched to my Kendo, and same thing. I was watching slalom skis not leave a mark in the snow either, so bad day to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by naedward81 View Post
    Yep. Brought them to Bridger and skied them two days.

I moved the demo bindings up to the middle line.

I thought they engaged really well, found zero speed limit on them. Turns release easy and spring you to the next turn. It felt like the tips were softer than the M6, which might have made turn iniation easier. Ended up ripping soft groomers one day and they were a blast. I liked them a lot better than the M6.

2nd day on them was hard pack groomers and some ungroomed bumps. Easy to pivot in tight spots, predictable. The hard groomers they gripped. Only sketchy spots were iced over wind blown non groomed snow that made me question decisions on how fast I was going.

My buddy skied the 184 one day and was in love. He's a shop manager and was ready to order a pair for next year. He said they carved better than his Rustler 10.

I will say, I skied them on absolute Midwest boiler plate ice and I wasn't comfortable with the edge hold, tails seemed to release mid turn. I switched to my Kendo, and same thing. I was watching slalom skis not leave a mark in the snow either, so bad day to judge.

Thanks!

Surprising that they're so much of an improvement over the M6, as the M6 was freakin' ace.

Suggestions on a mount point for a Blaze 94?

I continue to be very happy with my short (170) m102’s on the line with tele ntn clamps and tx comps. Tahoe resort conditions. I still use my groomer zoomers to mix things up for myself and my bibby’s because their a ton of fun in deeper snow.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Suggestions on a mount point for a Blaze 94?
    I mounted my 186 B94’s at plus 1 and am happy there. Mine are tele. Plus 1 looked really good in relation to sidecut/camber/standing on them.

What bindings are you putting on?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    I mounted my 186 B94’s at plus 1 and am happy there. Mine are tele. Plus 1 looked really good in relation to sidecut/camber/standing on them.

I was thinking at least a little forward. I skied next year's with the carbon in them.

I didn't mess with mount point, but would have liked them on the middle line better.

I was thinking at least a little forward. I skied next year's with the carbon in them.
    how'd they compare to current layup? other than weight carbon isn't always a plus IME

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    how'd they compare to current layup? other than weight carbon isn't always a plus IME
    Felt a little more stiff , while being lighter. I only skied the 106 in previous years, which is now the 102(?) with carbon like the new 94.

Felt a little more stiff , while being lighter. I only skied the 106 in previous years, which is now the 102(?) with carbon like the new 94.

thx mang, I've got the OG 106 and it's so smoove for what it is

I’m quiver killing my oldest’s 100Eights for FT12’s and sali z12’s. With the existing z12 holes mounted on the line, I need to put the ft12’s either + or - about 1cm from the line due to hole conflict. Anybody have an opinion about which location would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post

STH13s

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’m quiver killing my oldest’s 100Eights for FT12’s and sali z12’s. With the existing z12 holes mounted on the line, I need to put the ft12’s either + or - about 1cm from the line due to hole conflict. Anybody have an opinion about which location would be better?
    I’d go +1. I’ve got 189 100Eights with Attacks at +1 to avoid a prior mount. I think they have a big sweet spot as I didn’t notice a difference from the previous mount I had.

Also a good discussion on mounting pin bindings at +1 in one of the HL threads. Point being that touring gear is less powerful than resort gear, so the forward mount can help out.

Thanks! Currently, he will be touring in his alpine boots (kids!!- sheesh). He’s on the 189’s, too.

Dear sweet Jesus, the BMT 122 is a freaking fantastic ski!

Turned dust on crust into great conditions.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Dear sweet Jesus, the BMT 122 is a freaking fantastic ski!

Turned dust on crust into great conditions.

Yep. Every BMT is a special ski. The 122 probably gets the least attention because the 109 is so good in soft snow. Took me a long time to ski the 122 because - why bother? I was so happy with the 109.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Yep. Every BMT is a special ski. The 122 probably gets the least attention because the 109 is so good in soft snow. Took me a long time to ski the 122 because - why bother? I was so happy with the 109.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Today I started out on 112 under foot and I was finding the crust.

So I thought... why not get the fattest ski in the box and see if you can stay on top of the crust.

It was a good choice.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Anybody ever skied the V Werks 100?

Just heard a few guys who work in the industry bouncing it around that there was no deal on these boards due to it being a super small production run. No one had even seen a pair mounted up.

One more example of a ski that Volkl could have made but didn’t, so some other smaller manufacturer will.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got out on the Blaze 94 today. What an amazingly versatile ski! Floated like a 105 ski all day long. Only downside is that the top sheet shows chipping after just one day. I have a feeling they're going to look beat up after a couple hard weeks skiing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    kind reminder :
    how is that progressing and when will you compare them to the Blade optics 114 ?

Quote Originally Posted by slashy View Post
    kind reminder :
    how is that progressing and when will you compare them to the Blade optics 114 ?
    Skis are on the slowest truck ever from Canada. They arrive tomorrow.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I am sure I could dig into this forum, but curious if anyone has experience on the Revolt 114? I am really wanting to get on this ski. It seems like an awesome more traditional freeride ski i.e. a bit less tail splay, heavier, stiff, but not overly directional.