Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

BMT 122 186 ; any one with experience from different mount points?

Hi all, just found this thread.

Q as title, have a pair of BMT 122's in 186 which I bought as used quite long ago hence I had to plug old holes. Then I mounted approx +1,5, and all though I don't have much problem skiing them I kind of always felt that it would be better with bindings on zero or maybe even behind the line?

My alpine boots are Nordicas Pro machine 130 (26,5) but have a Plum guide 12 on the BMT's and as such use my Nordica strider 130 on them. Since I sometimes also use the Strider with my alpine skis my feeling is that the Strider is a lot more forward leaning or maybe it's because it's sure all over softer. And becuase of this "more forward leaning feeling" I feel like I'm "hanging" over the tips when skiing the BMT's ...hence my idea of moving the binding back to zero. Worth mentioning is that I've no big issue with tips diving just have this uncomfortable feeling hanging over the tips.

About me: 74kg/180cm (165lbs/5'11) hard directional charge style.
    Favorite skiis I use and have used,

Alpine; OG Katana 191 & 198, LPR105 192, LPR100 176 & 184, 1st G Mantra 184 & 191.
    "Touring"; V-werks katana 191, Blizzard ZG95 & 108 and the BMT 122.

Always had skis mounted on zero except from the mentioned BMT's and a pair of LPR115 184 which I never liked however I mounted the binding.

Any input/thoughts about the BMT 122 186 are much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LA-73 View Post
    Hi all, just found this thread.

Q as title, have a pair of BMT 122's in 186 which I bought as used quite long ago hence I had to plug old holes. Then I mounted approx +1,5, and all though I don't have much problem skiing them I kind of always felt that it would be better with bindings on zero or maybe even behind the line?

My alpine boots are Nordicas Pro machine 130 (26,5) but have a Plum guide 12 on the BMT's and as such use my Nordica strider 130 on them. Since I sometimes also use the Strider with my alpine skis my feeling is that the Strider is a lot more forward leaning or maybe it's because it's sure all over softer. And becuase of this "more forward leaning feeling" I feel like I'm "hanging" over the tips when skiing the BMT's ...hence my idea of moving the binding back to zero. Worth mentioning is that I've no big issue with tips diving just have this uncomfortable feeling hanging over the tips.

About me: 74kg/180cm (165lbs/5'11) hard directional charge style.
    Favorite skiis I use and have used,

Alpine; OG Katana 191 & 198, LPR105 192, LPR100 176 & 184, 1st G Mantra 184 & 191.
    "Touring"; V-werks katana 191, Blizzard ZG95 & 108 and the BMT 122.

Always had skis mounted on zero except from the mentioned BMT's and a pair of LPR115 184 which I never liked however I mounted the binding.

Any input/thoughts about the BMT 122 186 are much appreciated.
    Have you ever considered shimming the toes of the Plum Guide's? Say somewhere in the 3-6 mm range. They feature a pretty steep delta unshimmed. I think that could be the ticket, and that's where I would start.

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Have you ever considered shimming the toes of the Plum Guide's? Say somewhere in the 3-6 mm range. They feature a pretty steep delta unshimmed. I think that could be the ticket, and that's where I would start.
    Ah, no actually. That's an interesting idea, but when considering I use the same Plum guide on my V-werks katana 191 I'm not sure? I mean I don't get that "forward feeling" on the katana. But sure it's not the same ski, actually pretty different for sure. Any ideas where to find/buy fitting shims in Euroland? Know that Plum got same mounting pattern as Dynafit. I'll surely do some googling and see what I can find but any one who have a tip for a good shop is much welcomed.

They're pretty easy to make yourself, but you need to scource longer screws. Where in Yurp are you? On here @spyderjon is a great source, UK based. The Piste Office I think...

Yep shims should be pretty easy to DIY as long one have proper tools. Sadly I don't, well at home I've but not here. I'm in the Alps for the winter, France.

Then give Jon a call, or PM on here!

My 122's were mounted on the line and felt perfect there. Very well ballanced feeling mount point. That said it never hurts to try the shim; cheap and easy. If it were me I'd do a full 10mm thick as those guides have a psycho amount of delta which is going to enhance the over the handlebars feeling on the 122's. I think the recommended is only -10 on those compared to the -14 on the Katanas (that are longer anyway). Those Katanas are a much firmer ski with less splay as well. Looks as though you like directional skis and being on the front of your boots. With that in mind I'd try the shim but be ready to go back to the line. Great skis by the way! Not a charger by any means but a very versatile, well rounded ski

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    My 122's were mounted on the line and felt perfect there. Very well ballanced feeling mount point. That said it never hurts to try the shim; cheap and easy. If it were me I'd do a full 10mm thick as those guides have a psycho amount of delta which is going to enhance the over the handlebars feeling on the 122's. I think the recommended is only -10 on those compared to the -14 on the Katanas (that are longer anyway). Those Katanas are a much firmer ski with less splay as well. Looks as though you like directional skis and being on the front of your boots. With that in mind I'd try the shim but be ready to go back to the line. Great skis by the way! Not a charger by any means but a very versatile, well rounded ski
    Cheers for your input. So did you also have a 186? AT or alpine bindings? And agree, a very nice ski when conditions are right

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    in case anybody is wondering how they match: Revolt114s and golden Pivot 15s
    Attachment 475901
    The tail rocker is pretty damn deep
    Attachment 475902
    what size are those?

Quote Originally Posted by mff353 View Post
    what size are those?
    Think Kid-Kapow had the 184s. I remember when he posted the Pic, those gold Pivots do look good.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Alright, I said I'd post. This shit has to be out there by now.

New Revolt 114. Too bad the bus is gonna get covered with a duke heal piece.

pics of Blaze?

Quote Originally Posted by mff353 View Post
    pics of Blaze?
    Sure.

If anyone is looking, I think we still have a Balze 114 184 in the yellow/black

Quote Originally Posted by naedward81 View Post
    Sure.

If anyone is looking, I think we still have a Balze 114 184 in the yellow/black

so Blaze 106 is gone and replaced by 104?

Maybe this is a clearer pic

Looking for a 193 Confession replacement; any directional skiers been on the 191 Revolt 114? Sounds like the tail is substantial enough that I could mount back a cenny or two w/o neutering it? Weight looks good, shape more tapered than I prefer, but pros and cons at this width, and could be a plus depending on flex (ie. if the flex is more Katana 108 than Confession). Profile should work for me as long as the flex is burly. Have about 100 days on 191 Katana 108s as a DD and my only complaint is they're a little harsh when it gets real firm/refrozen; otws we got on great. Ditto w/ Confessions (the greatness), stiff enough to haul the mail in 2 and 3D, and fantastic on edge, but soft enough tip and tail to plane/slash in 3D. In unrelated news, and unsolicited like, seems to me theres a spot in Volkl's lineup to bring back the 2020 Confession unchanged...dreaming I know. TIA.
    Edit to add: Disregard, found a better fit.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 01-17-2024 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    I’m liking that new Revolt 114 graphic.
    Any pics of the 121?
    The 121 looks really good. I wish I took a Pic of the 114 base.

Some silly good deals at SkiWest right now, but think this takes the cake. Ships OUTCAN.

http://www.skiwest.ca/volkl-katana-v...ml?id=84675786

Quote Originally Posted by LA-73 View Post
    Cheers for your input. So did you also have a 186? AT or alpine bindings? And agree, a very nice ski when conditions are right
    I had the 186's and the wife still has 176's. Had Kingpin 13's on mine to take to Japan. Fucking perfect one ski quiver for JP

Anyone know the true length of the 177cm katana vwerks? is it more like the manta at 178.5 or so?

Also true length of the revolt 114 177cm?
    Last edited by mff353; 01-17-2024 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Looking for a 193 Confession replacement; any directional skiers been on the 191 Revolt 114? Sounds like the tail is substantial enough that I could mount back a cenny or two w/o neutering it? Weight looks good, shape more tapered than I prefer, but pros and cons at this width, and could be a plus depending on flex (ie. if the flex is more Katana 108 than Confession). Profile should work for me as long as the flex is burly. Have about 100 days on 191 Katana 108s as a DD and my only complaint is they're a little harsh when it gets real firm/refrozen; otws we got on great. Ditto w/ Confessions (the greatness), stiff enough to haul the mail in 2 and 3D, and fantastic on edge, but soft enough tip and tail to plane/slash in 3D. In unrelated news, and unsolicited like, seems to me theres a spot in Volkl's lineup to bring back the 2020 Confession unchanged...dreaming I know. TIA.
    Edit to add: Disregard, found a better fit.
    Tail is stiff as fuck, 8/10+. Definitely closest to a confession in the current lineup. I'd actually want to mount if back because you get hung up on it. Expect less edge engagement but more friendly release when you stay on top of it. Quite damp on a demo model, who knows how many cycles its went through by the time I got on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    Tail is stiff as fuck, 8/10+. Definitely closest to a confession in the current lineup. I'd actually want to mount if back because you get hung up on it. Expect less edge engagement but more friendly release when you stay on top of it. Quite damp on a demo model, who knows how many cycles its went through by the time I got on it.
    Great info, thanks Snake; exactly what I was hoping to hear. Gonna try and track a pair down in town to flex, and will keep an eye out for a this season pair as we approach Spring. Just grabbed a '22 196 Ranger 115 FR on clearance as a more direct traditional replacement (sounds like many reviewers struggled to release its tail similar to Confessions, so should be up my alley), but a stout, modern take could be a rad compliment. Cheers bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Some silly good deals at SkiWest right now, but think this takes the cake. Ships OUTCAN.

http://www.skiwest.ca/volkl-katana-v...ml?id=84675786
    Yes, great deals. Also 50% off Mantra M6, Revolt 121, Blaze 106, and Vwerks Mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Yes, great deals. Also 50% off Mantra M6, Revolt 121, Blaze 106, and Vwerks Mantra.
    Half price on nearly every past year model from other brands too, way too tempted

Got on last years Mantra 102 today, wasn’t love at first sight. Wasn’t the right day for them, but so many people have said they carve well I thought I’d give them a shot. I’m thinking a fresh tune and maybe messing around with the mount a little before I give up. I can see them being fun in soft snow, but they didn’t seem particularly nimble. I know they’re super popular, so I’m in the minority. But, thought some of you might appreciate a different opinion.