Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Standard time all year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I have never had a problem with standard time, and never really though DAT was all that big a benefit, so I am down for one time all year round and would prefer ST, but could easily adapt to DST if it went that way. Changing twice yearly is just stupid and a PITA.
    Why is changing clocks twice a year so difficult and annoying? I simply don't understand. Do people complain when they take a vacation and have a one hour time change twice in the span of a week?

I'm way more annoyed that an iPhone doesn't have a separate volume control for the alarm clock. Can congress do something about that?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Why is changing clocks twice a year so difficult and annoying? I simply don't understand. Do people complain when they take a vacation and have a one hour time change twice in the span of a week?
    To me it almost seems like so many people complain about it that everyone thinks it actually must be worth complaining about.

You should know the answer to this based on where you've worked and what you've been doing the last decade. THEY can complain about EVERYTHING.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    DST time changes are like capitalism- worst system except all the others.

But with how most clocks change automatically now, I wonder if we could do it incrementally, a minute each day for two months around when we do the changes now- that would be sort of cool (it seems that most people who object mostly complain about the abrupt change twice a year rather than objecting to having more a.m. light in winter and more p.m light in summer)
    I was going to suggest spreading the change over 4 days--15 minutes at a time but I like your idea better. It will mean replacing all the clocks that aren't internet enabled. And I can't imagine the guy who adjusts Big Ben would be pleased.

Whoever is counting votes, put me down as a yes

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was going to suggest spreading the change over 4 days--15 minutes at a time but I like your idea better. It will mean replacing all the clocks that aren't internet enabled. And I can't imagine the guy who adjusts Big Ben would be pleased.
    Why stop there? Let's move the clocks forward 20 seconds every day after the winter solstice, and then back 20 seconds every day after the summer solstice! Think of all the new jobs it would create!

To me this is just another sign of our general societal decay. It’s really not that hard to change time. But we’re so lazy and weak we’ll just choose what’s easy. Idiotcracy becomes more prophetic by the day.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    To me this is just another sign of our general societal decay. It’s really not that hard to change time. But we’re so lazy and weak we’ll just choose what’s easy. Idiotcracy becomes more prophetic by the day.
    so one guy says that preferring DST is a sign of all that is wrong in today's society, and another says our unwillingness to accept the time change is a sign our general societal decay.

Man, I'm confused.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    so one guy says that preferring DST is a sign of all that is wrong in today's society, and another says our unwillingness to accept the time change is a sign our general societal decay.

Man, I'm confused.
    I don’t even know which time switch is which and I can’t be bothered to learn so…

I'm way more annoyed that an iPhone doesn't have a separate volume control for the alarm clock. Can congress do something about that?
    The numbers are in. The week following a time change sees more fatalities on the road and more workplace accidents than any other week as the entire nation is jet lagged at the same time. This is avoidable because the time change is arbitrary.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

As so many of us on this board spend significant time at elevations above sea level, I think it high time to consider the effects of distance from the earth’s gravity well. Time moves so much faster in the highlands vs the lowlands!

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    As so many of us on this board spend significant time at elevations above sea level, I think it high time to consider the effects of distance from the earth’s gravity well. Time moves so much faster in the highlands vs the lowlands!
    My house is 400 feet above sea level.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    think the lower air pressure the further you get from the equator is causing issues

Changing the clocks is archaic, the length of daylight is the same, it's mental masterbation

It's all Canada's fault

Daylight Saving Time (DST) is used to save energy and make better use of daylight. It was first used in 1908 in Thunder Bay, Canada.
    https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/history.html

Name:  Indain DST.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  55.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Preferring DST is a symptom of our fucked society, that's really impressive. Bravo.
    Yeah, super fucked up I want to have some daylight when I get off work in the winter during the week to get my kids outside with the dog in the daylight and have some family time NOT INSIDE. So fucked up. But hey, we all can drive to work in the daylight. Simple minds….

What privilege we have.

Arguing over 1 hour like it really fucking matters.

That being said, if you prefer standard time you’re basically a giant piece of shit and should die slow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm telling you, Double Daylight Time™ would be awesome. In the summer it would get light at a civilized time and it would stay light until late in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yeah, super fucked up I want to have some daylight when I get off work in the winter during the week to get my kids outside with the dog in the daylight and have some family time NOT INSIDE. So fucked up. But hey, we all can drive to work in the daylight. Simple minds….
    Go to work earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Go to work earlier.
    I do. Can’t start earlier than 7.

Get a better job, loser

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Get a better job, loser
    Hey now I start at 7 too.

I've got such a love-hate affair with reading the comments in newspaper stories. There was one in the Seattle Time about this and one of the commenters said they don't understand why anyone wants "10 pm sunsets" in the summer because most people who work go to bed at 9:00. WTF?

This thread fully confirms my suspicion that if every member of this forum and their wretched, wasteful spawn were exterminated tonight, the world would be a better place.

Here’s hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    But on a positive note, be a good time to be in the curtain making business with that extra hour of sunlight fading all those drapes...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy